Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Assuming Bynum's return keeps getting postponed, what do you do?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade him

1 4.35%
  • Resign him

8 34.78%
  • Let him walk

14 60.87%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Rest up til healthy.... No rush, only 10 games deep
    agreed.

It's ridiculous that he got injured bowling, but I can't call him irresponsible or stupid for bowling for christ's sake. It's not the most physically taxing activity ever. You barely strain your legs (unless your a pro or something). It's just a laughably freak accident that would only happen to the Sixers.

Once again, to say it's Andrew fault for bowling while injured is ridiculous.

It's not like the guy got hurt motorcycling (a la Jay Williams) or playing tackle football with his buddies.

He was ****ing bowling. If the injury never happened and we found out Bynum was bowling tonight, would ANYBODY be up in arms saying "Oh no, that's too risky!"

Like honestly, no. No one would. Hindsight is 20/20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post

But Bynum's been stuck without being able to do anything physically and he enjoys bowling. ESPN reports that bowling is not one of the prohibited activities in his contract. Still, the Sixers can't be happy with how this situation is turning out. Missing Bynum for a much longer time frame due to bowling?

Mark it zero, dude

Now, before anyone here starts defending Bynum by saying Bowling is not one of the restrictive activities a player can do....but that is when a player is off-season, and healthy. But in reality Bowling is way more of a risk to a already bad/weak knee then playing NFL Football. A person twists and contorts his/her body all types of ways while Bowling. The very fact that this dude cares so little about concentrating on strictly getting healthy and rehabbing his knee only shows what a complete JOKE Bynum is. And what a JOKE the Sixers are for trading for this Idiot!!
    You can't be serious. I'm pretty sure NFL football is a bit more physical than bowling.

vCash

Protecting Against Knee Injuries Источник: http://tipshealth.org/protecting-against-

For many, bowling is their favorite pass time. They go with their family, friends or anyone who wants to have a simple and harmless fun. What most people don’t realize is that this relatively less injury sport can cause its fair share of injuries. The most evident bodily parts that are prone to injuries while bowling are the wrist and the knee.

Most joints have a high degree of passive stability provided by their capsules and ligaments. However, when confronted with extreme point of pressure, even the strongest can give way. When a person bowls, they use certain muscles more than others and in turn isolate them by causing extreme pressure. In the case of bowling, the knee is one such joint. Because of this, bowlers injure themselves without really expecting it or knowing that it is possible.

To ensure that your game of bowling goes uninterrupted and is injury free, there are some easy simple steps that one can consider.

The first thing that anyone can do to prevent knee injuries while bowling is to wear a knee brace. A knee brace will keep the cap in place even during extreme cases of pressure. It will hold ligaments in place and prevent strains and sprains. Even if you don’t want to wear a brace, you can wrap your knee with something tight so as not to allow it to slip or twist. It will also add flexibility and help control your game, not to mention keep your knee injury free.

The next thing is an obvious step that one should do before taking part in any form of physical exercise or movement, which is the stretching. Stretching allows your joints and muscles to limber up so as to prevent stress. Simple stretching exercises are enough to prevent strain. Indulge in some squatting exercises to improve your quadriceps strength. Strengthening your quadriceps will ultimately strengthen your knees. Stand with your feet about shoulder length apart. Lower your body to the ground as if you are about to sit on a chair. Hold this position for 5 seconds and then return to the upright position.

To perfect the game and to prevent yourself from injury, bend your knees slightly when you about to bowl. This will reduce the amount of pressure on your knee.

Another point that most people don’t realize is that proper shoes can make all the difference. A good new pair of shoes will give you the proper glide you need to bowl and will reduce pressure on specific body parts.

Overall there are quite a few preventive measures that bowlers can utilize before and during bowling to prevent knee injuries.
    I was actually curious about what bowling does to your body since we were having this discussion and apparently bowling is known for putting pressure on your knees . . . . .

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/...e-Bowling.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

How would you handle the Bynum Situation?

Its just bowling... Read seoulbeats post. Agree 100%

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I would rather find a source than go on opinion.

Unless someone here is a doctor, none of us are qualified to tell others what Bowling could or couldn't do with Bynum's knee injury.
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Well it definitely sucks that he got injured bowling, but I can't really be upset about it. It's not like he went in with the knowledge that it could be dangerous to his knees. Just have him rest up and come back when he's completely healthy. He has so much weight on those knees (weight he needs) that there's no sense in rushing him back.

The contract issues are interesting though. I'm glad we aren't locked into him for years to come yet, but depending on how much he plays this year, it'll be interesting to see how our eventual negotiations turn out.
    Last edited by Justsomeguy76; 11-18-2012 at 03:49 PM.

vCash
    Guys, I'm not saying trade or dump him, but I'm not going to absolve him of blame. It wasn't criminal, but definitely a bad decision.

The team is upset with him because they probably gave him a list of activities not to do until his knee got better and while bowling may not have been mentioned specifically, I'm sure they told him what his knees should and shouldn't be doing.

When you hurt yourself, what does your doctor normally tell you? Stay off your leg? Rest up and don't perform any strenuous activity without supervision? He probably got the same talk which is why the team is frustrated.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 11-18-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Not to sound disrespectful but, most of you here are clueless on Bowling. Pro Bowlers are probably amongst the best conditioned Athletes around. JESUS people, this is not
    the movie " Kingpin " In Bowling, you are holding a damn near 20 Lb object completely on one side of your body, while hoisting it at Incredible speed standing on one leg after you throw it. And contorting your body all types of ways as well. Hell, Bowling in Bynum's condition is WAY more Dangerous then getting hit by Ray Lewis in your knees with no pads on....and I'm dead serious to. Not only what Bynum did is stupid and Insensative. But the Sixers I think can just Flat out Void his salary for this year if they wanted to, but still hold all his Free agent rights.

vCash
    Not to sound disrespectful but, most of you here are clueless on Bowling. Pro Bowlers are probably amongst the best conditioned Athletes around. JESUS people, this is not
    the movie " Kingpin " In Bowling, you are holding a damn near 20 Lb object completely on one side of your body, while hoisting it at Incredible speed standing on one leg after you throw it. And contorting your body all types of ways as well. Hell, Bowling in Bynum's condition is WAY more Dangerous then getting hit by Ray Lewis in your knees with no pads on....and I'm dead serious to. Not only what Bynum did is stupid and Insensative. But the Sixers I think can just Flat out Void his salary for this year if they wanted to, but still hold all his Free agent rights.
    You said Bowling was more physical than NFL FOOTBALL. That's a ludicrous statement. Sure professional bowlers may strain their bodies, but casual bowling is about as laid back of an activity as it gets.

There's a reason there's only 16 games in the regular season, because players NEED that week of rest or else their bodies would simply collapse.

I'm pretty sure you don't need a week of rest after a hard day of bowling.

That's just ridiculous. Bowlers are NOT athletes. I don't give a **** how they contort their bodies. They can be extremely talented people, but they're not ATHLETES. They're in the league of dart throwers and pool players.

I can't even believe we're having this discussion.

I also find it funny how we had to do research into how Bowling effects the human body, that just proves my POINT that hindsight is 20/20. Were any of us doing this research BEFORE Bynum dared to partake in the death-defying act of BOWLING? no, because it's ****ing BOWLING people.

If Bynum hadn't gotten hurt, would any of us have posted "man, anyone hear Bynum bowled last night? thank goodness he didn't tear his other ACL out there".
    Last edited by SeoulBeatz; 11-18-2012 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    please just stop posting. i expect that you will disappear from this forum shortly after the new year when Bynum returns

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    please just stop posting. i expect that you will disappear from this forum shortly after the new year when Bynum returns

Yur're an Idiot son. Back after the year ?...based on what ? I thought he was supposed to be back by the end of Camp...then a week after the season started, ect. Dude you clearly know nothing about Bynum or his History. Dude has, and always will Suck! It's always about himself. Never his team, or fellow teammates.

vCash
    Yur're an Idiot son. Back after the year ?...based on what ? I thought he was supposed to be back by the end of Camp...then a week after the season started, ect. Dude you clearly know nothing about Bynum or his History. Dude has, and always will Suck! It's always about himself. Never his team, or fellow teammates.
    If Bynum sucks, god only knows what you think of the rest of the Sixers roster.

vCash
    you thought wrong. i didnt kno that you ha a personal relationship with Bynum tho, thats my bad

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    No one here is a doctor so of course we didn't/wouldn't know what bowling does to a knee. It doesn't matter what any of us didn't know, the point still stands that bowling is bad for knees.

The team's training staff are professionally cleared to treat/give advice on injuries. Not the posters of PSD.

The point is this: if a doctor told him to rest and follow a set of guidelines, and bowling broke one of those guidelines, it wasn't a innocent mistake.
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Also no reason to insult each other or critic bynum's ability. If last year was his coming out party, Bynum is a top 10 player when healthy.
    TerminH1NK13

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast