Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Post "Bogut is done."- Charles Barkley

Charles Barkley spends most of his time on TNT broadcasts talking about the NBA’s top teams, but he found some time Tuesday to give an unfavorable appraisal of the Warriors on 95.7-FM.

“My question is: Is (Stephen) Curry a legitimate point guard?” Barkley asked in an interview with Ric Bucher and Brandon Tierney. “I think he’s a good player, but I don’t think he’s a point guard. That’s the first thing they have to solve.”

Barkley, a Hall of Fame player and now an analyst in the shock-jock mode, went on to say that the Warriors traded Monta Ellis for an injured part. Barkley said center Andrew Bogut, who won’t travel with the team on its three-game trip starting Friday, will never again play at a high level.

“I loved him as a player, but I don’t think he can ever play again,” Barkley said. “I don’t think he can ever be close to the player he used to be. He doesn’t just have injuries. He has major injuries. … His injuries were so major that he’s never going to be able to get back to where he was. I hate that, because he seems like a great kid. But I don’t ever think he can get back to that All-Star level where he was in Milwaukee.”

Warriors coach Mark Jackson hadn’t heard the comments when I asked about them at Wednesday’s shootaround. But you could tell that he was irked when he got the details.

“He actually made a statement about basketball. I didn’t know he covered basketball, any more. My goodness. I thought he was retired,” Jackson said of Barkley. “I understand. His job is to move the needle. … I would probably bet that he cannot name our starting five. … Please tell Dr. Barkley that I said, ‘Thank you for your assessment of my team.’”
    http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2012...-to-pipe-down/

vCash
    Barkley is a huge idiot, but I kind of agree with him. Bogut will never play at a high level again. We trade raped them
    [Center]FEAR THE DEAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salsa View Post
    Barkley is a huge idiot, but I kind of agree with him. Bogut will never play at a high level again. We trade raped them
    Bogut already played at a high level this year. And I know you will bring up the fact he is not playing right now but that is by his own will, not the doctors or a setback. Doctors said if you sit out for a little bit you can play extended minutes or you can play a long while, but in limited minutes.

Secondly, you took Udoh and Ellis.

Klay Thompson has been better in every tangible category and is younger than Ellis.

We also have Lee and Landry as our PF's. Both better than Udoh in every tangible category. We moved these two because we have better players behind them.

Trade rape is a horrible term here because in fact, the Warriors have the better team because of this trade.