Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I think everyone conveniently forgets all the good things Tanny has done in his stint here so they can do what they like best - bash their team. Pathetic fans.
    He did do a lot of good. He got the cap disaster he inherited from Bradway under control relatively quickly.

He also drafted some good talent and brought in a bunch of good defensive players.

What he has done in the last 2 years with regard to the offense has been absolutely terrible, and put the team in a very bad position.

This offense has no real talent, and after last year's late season meltdown, even you have to admit that there is blood on Tanny's hands with this team's current state.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    REX has a big hand in it, that's for sure, but I believe MrT has the final say on player acquisition and disposition.

Unless something drastic happens - LIKE A WIN - no.... more like an unbelievable outcome - like the playoffs, someone's head is going to roll, and unless something REALLY BAD DRASTIC happens, I believe REX will stay HC of the NYJ - so that looks like MrT's head to me.

GO JETS!!!
    I think the Jets need a complete fresh start, meaning everyone should go. It's obvious this team has become a laughing stock and for 2 years in a row, Rex has "lost the locker room." The Jets are a mess; they are not a one year turnaround.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    I dont think Tannenbaum really said anything wrong in itself, just should have been stronger with the guy and taking charge of the interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    He did do a lot of good. He got the cap disaster he inherited from Bradway under control relatively quickly.

He also drafted some good talent and brought in a bunch of good defensive players.

What he has done in the last 2 years with regard to the offense has been absolutely terrible, and put the team in a very bad position.

This offense has no real talent, and after last year's late season meltdown, even you have to admit that there is blood on Tanny's hands with this team's current state.
    He moved up to get a franchise QB for almost nothing. He drafted a RB at the top of the 3rd round that everyone thought was a good selection. He got a steal in Holmes for a 6th round pick. He got Braylon for very little. He took a chance on Plaxico and no one here was down on that move at the time. Keller has been moderately productive and a good target for a developing QB. Good picks at Center and LT to build the OLine with a good free agent pickup in Woody. Great mvoe up to get Stephen Hill - who was complaining about that at the time?

I think posters are conveniently forgetting what he has put together. He has been bold enough to make moves where some have worked out and others have not but he has single-handedly made this team relevant again after years of darkness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I think the Jets need a complete fresh start, meaning everyone should go. It's obvious this team has become a laughing stock and for 2 years in a row, Rex has "lost the locker room." The Jets are a mess; they are not a one year turnaround.
    I don't think this team is as much of a disaster as many people are making them out to be. Winning the games that they should win the rest of the season will go a long way to ease the bad vibes.

In the offseason, they need to keep the defense intact (while letting go of some of the older dead weight), and bring in a couple of offensive game breakers through the draft, trades, and FA. Keep in mind that we'll also have Holmes and Revis back.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    He moved up to get a franchise QB for almost nothing. He drafted a RB at the top of the 3rd round that everyone thought was a good selection. He got a steal in Holmes for a 6th round pick. He got Braylon for very little. He took a chance on Plaxico and no one here was down on that move at the time. Keller has been moderately productive and a good target for a developing QB. Good picks at Center and LT to build the OLine with a good free agent pickup in Woody. Great mvoe up to get Stephen Hill - who was complaining about that at the time?

I think posters are conveniently forgetting what he has put together. He has been bold enough to make moves where some have worked out and others have not but he has single-handedly made this team relevant again after years of darkness.
    Most of the moves you point out were made more than 3 years ago. I agreed that he has done good things for this team. I also pointed out that he did nothing to address this team's offense in the last 2 years.

Plax was the best of the leftovers, and turned out to be a clubhouse cancer. Hill, while potentially a good pick for the future, should never have been put in a position to have to be a major contributor in 2012. He's not ready, and Tanny should have gotten at least another RB and WR to help this team.

He didn't replace LT, and he never replaced the production from Edwards...not that Edwards should have been brought back, but we needed someone. He also didn't replace Woody to protect Sanchez or run block. Hunter was awful last year, and Howard is still very raw.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I don't like Francessa, and I think he's generally a hater of all things Mets and Jets.

Nothing he asked in that interview was wrong, and Mike T didn't answer his questions. All Tanny did was avoid the tough questions. Perfect example...when asked if he thought the Jets have the personnel to be a playoff team, he gave his standard response, "we're 3-6, and we have to get to 4-6."

I'm sorry, but that's not a vote of confidence in the roster that he's put together. I know most of you would have called him delusional or a liar if he'd said he thinks this is a playoff caliber roster, but by deflecting, his response was a clear "NO."
    I agree 100%. I thought he asked the questions fans like myself want answered.
    and the sad truth all Tanny could say was we are all 3-6.. Why even let these guys speak?

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash

I have never understood what people mean about a statement like that. If you look at the Jets from the Parcells-Mangini years, which spans 12 years, in that time, the Jets had a .500 or above record in 9 of the 12 years, went to an AFC Title game, won the AFC East twice, and made the playoffs in 5 of those season and without late collapses could have been like 8 or 9 of those years.

And let's be honest, there wasn't nearly the drama or bickering that there is right now. Plus, those teams played as such, like a TEAM! I don't see the "Darkness"you talk about; things IMO are much "Darker" now than they were in the late 90's early 2000's.

vCash
    Listen guys we are 3 and 6 and tanny has the benefit of being around the Jets team every day! Again we are 3 and 6, and that means we are 3 and 6..... Tanny has the benefit of being around the Jets every day, and he sees how hard these guys are working! He eats lunch with them and travels with them!!! We are 3 and 6! Tanny has the benefit of being around the Jets every day... 3 and 6!

"Let's be clear. Coples is not only the most physically gifted defensive lineman in the 2012 draft he's also the most talented senior prospect, regardless of position. "CBS Sports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzEDJeT View Post
    Listen guys we are 3 and 6 and tanny has the benefit of being around the Jets team every day! Again we are 3 and 6, and that means we are 3 and 6..... Tanny has the benefit of being around the Jets every day, and he sees how hard these guys are working! He eats lunch with them and travels with them!!! We are 3 and 6! Tanny has the benefit of being around the Jets every day... 3 and 6!
    If only Tanny had said that to Fatburger. Then we would all have understood, and I don't think fans would be so upset.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Problem is, 3-6 is unacceptable!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Problem is, 3-6 is unacceptable!
    I don't think anyone would argue that point.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Well, we're 4-6 now, and what did you want MrT to do, say "You're right, we suck, and it's mostly my fault, but Woody was really stupid, too, and REX, well he used to be fatter than you, but, at least he's more svelte now.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Well our draft picks have recently been showing up. Coples, Wilkerson, kerley, Davis, Powell, McKnight. I think now they are more involved and have been given more of an opportunity to shine.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Wilkerson looks like the real deal, Kerley is our best WR this year, and I think we'd be overy happy with the way he has developed into a decent slot receiver, and he's the kind of find a GM needs to get with a 5th rounder once and awhile, HOWEVER, he is our top receiver by default - serious default.

McKnight's immaturity really hurt him in his development, and 2 years of Tomlinson, but I think if he could get healthy, and learn to pick up the blitz, WAIT, that's too many ifs. He's talented, but has holes in his game. B. Powell had a great day today, or really, 2nd half, but I think he is fairly average, AND although I'm thrilled me won today, we have to remember, it was the Rams, who are now 3-6-1, so I'm going to temper my excitement over everyone's performance today, but we certainly have lost plenty games like this, so I'm not taking anything for granted.

Coples still has a long way to go before I stand up and cheer, but I know he's young, and raw, and could come a long way, but he still has to do it! I think REX had TONS to do with the selection of these 1st rounders on defense (K. Wilson, M. Wilkerson, and C. Coples), although like I said earlier, MrT has the final y on acquisition, and disposition.

Stephen Hill is just looking bad bad bad, and I really wanted him, and I know he is rawer than steak tar tar, but that dude can not drop that simple crossing pattern for a 1st down on the 1st drive of the game. He was only targeted 1 other time, and that w that deep throw that he never even saw, it should've been a pretty easy hookup as the defender had no idea where it w either. It w actually a decent throw, and might have even kept him in the game, but he was just horrible. Chaz Shillens was one of our top receivers, and Clyde friggin' Gates. Where is Dustin Keller Mrs. Robinson? He looks like he's trying to play himself OUT of a contract next year. That come back throw to Reuland, when Sanchez was looking all the way to his right, and then came all the way back to the left to Konrad

I think M. Slauson in the 6th round in 2009 was a good pick, although a bad pick, 2010 2nd rounder Ducasse appears to be the guy they're going to put at LG when they cut Slauson loose. Ducasse better become a very good LG. I really hope he does, although I think Slauson is just a serious lunch pale guy that does everyone he's told. He even lets MrT steal about $500,000 from him

GO JETS!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast