Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It would take something unbelievable to get Stanton.

You would have to start with Wheeler, Harvey, Flores, then deal Fulmer, Montero, Tapia, Mateo, etc etc.

Essentially we would have to empty our farm system for a guy like Stanton.

It would be great to acquire him but it's not happening.
    Imo such a deal would be one of Wheeler or Harvey, Flores, Tapia or Fulmer and an outfielder as well one of Puello or Ceciliani.

It would be 4-1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If you can get Stanton for Wheeler one on one, you say "yes sir" and do it as fast as is humanly possible.

I love how people fall in love with prospects .Stanton is a bonfide big league slugging outfielder. He plays every day. Yes, you swap him for a starting pitcher every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    Exactly, not a sure thing Wheeler will every be a productive player...some fans just fall in love with their players.

vCash
    Originally Posted by metswon69
    It would take something unbelievable to get Stanton.

You would have to start with Wheeler, Harvey, Flores, then deal Fulmer, Montero, Tapia, Mateo, etc etc.

Essentially we would have to empty our farm system for a guy like Stanton.

It would be great to acquire him but it's not happening..
    Whoa, there Cowboy! Don't get carried away. Stanton is a great young ballplayer, but no one has ever been trraded for a package like yours. It, as you said, unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Imo such a deal would be one of Wheeler or Harvey, Flores, Tapia or Fulmer and an outfielder as well one of Puello or Ceciliani.

It would be 4-1.
    That is much more like it. Even there you may be a bit heavy. Wheeler is truly an elite prospect and you shouldn't have to add too much more to get even a player of Stanton's stature. I would think that Wheeler, Nieuwenhuis or Den Dekker, and Tapia might do it. You might have to add another prospect, like Muno or Aderlin.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Sign me up for wheeler, tapia and Murphy, Duda and MDD

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Stanton has the most power in baseball, he's proven, young, and cheap. He's not getting traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Stanton has the most power in baseball, he's proven, young, and cheap. He's not getting traded.
    He's unhappy, the Marlins have a history of trading there best players, he might not be traded this year but soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psurulesyou View Post
    He's unhappy, the Marlins have a history of trading there best players, he might not be traded this year but soon.
    They don't care if he's unhappy. They have a history of trading their best, most expensive players. He's still cheap, so I don't see him getting traded for at least 2 more years if at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

It would be 4-1.
    You have more knowledge of that than myself, i just don't know what would be enough for a 23 year old OF with incredible power who is making 500k next year.

I know its 2 different sports but i think it would require something of the ilk of a Herschel Walker type trade to acquire Stanton.

He just would have so many bidders on the trade market (hypothetically) that someone would really have to blow the Marlins away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Whoa, there Cowboy! Don't get carried away. Stanton is a great young ballplayer, but no one has ever been trraded for a package like yours. It, as you said, unbelievable.
    Someone would overpay for Stanton, he's a game changer and arguably has the most power in the major leagues.

I say that partially in jest because the Mets would neither give that up for Stanton neither would the Marlins deal him ultimately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You have more knowledge of that than myself, i just don't know what would be enough for a 23 year old OF with incredible power who is making 500k next year.

I know its 2 different sports but i think it would require something of the ilk of a Herschel Walker type trade to acquire Stanton.

He just would have so many bidders on the trade market (hypothetically) that someone would really have to blow the Marlins away.
    The guy is a stud in the making and just 23, so the world is what it would take to get him, which imo is just too much.

vCash

Trade Idea

So in other words, move along and find another OFer.

Here's an idea. Instead of gutting your farm to get one, spend a little money.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

Yeah! And if you can't afford college, borrow from your parents. Good advice to a kid from a poor family.

How about find an outfielder in the trade market whose salary is still reasonable, and who wouldn't require half the farm to obtain . . like Josh Willingham or Shin-Soo Choo?
    Last edited by dunbummin; 11-18-2012 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    Or we can just kidnap Stanton and hold him ransom for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

If the Mets were smart and really wanted to spend their money wisely, they shouldn't use it to buy catchers, pitchers, and outfielders.

They should use it to contribute to the FoC retirement fund. Now THAT's a great bang for the buck!
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If the Mets were smart and really wanted to spend their money wisely, they shouldn't use it to buy catchers, pitchers, and outfielders.

They should use it to contribute to the FoC retirement fund. Now THAT's a great bang for the buck!
    If you really want to bang a buck you should head out into the woods with a condom and search for the biggest pair of antlers you can find.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast