Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Trade Idea

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    75,354
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It would take something unbelievable to get Stanton.

    You would have to start with Wheeler, Harvey, Flores, then deal Fulmer, Montero, Tapia, Mateo, etc etc.

    Essentially we would have to empty our farm system for a guy like Stanton.

    It would be great to acquire him but it's not happening.
    Imo such a deal would be one of Wheeler or Harvey, Flores, Tapia or Fulmer and an outfielder as well one of Puello or Ceciliani.

    It would be 4-1.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    158
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If you can get Stanton for Wheeler one on one, you say "yes sir" and do it as fast as is humanly possible.

    I love how people fall in love with prospects .Stanton is a bonfide big league slugging outfielder. He plays every day. Yes, you swap him for a starting pitcher every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    Exactly, not a sure thing Wheeler will every be a productive player...some fans just fall in love with their players.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Born in Brooklyn, New Jersey now.
    Posts
    1,439
    vCash
    1500
    Originally Posted by metswon69
    It would take something unbelievable to get Stanton.

    You would have to start with Wheeler, Harvey, Flores, then deal Fulmer, Montero, Tapia, Mateo, etc etc.

    Essentially we would have to empty our farm system for a guy like Stanton.

    It would be great to acquire him but it's not happening..
    Whoa, there Cowboy! Don't get carried away. Stanton is a great young ballplayer, but no one has ever been trraded for a package like yours. It, as you said, unbelievable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Imo such a deal would be one of Wheeler or Harvey, Flores, Tapia or Fulmer and an outfielder as well one of Puello or Ceciliani.

    It would be 4-1.
    That is much more like it. Even there you may be a bit heavy. Wheeler is truly an elite prospect and you shouldn't have to add too much more to get even a player of Stanton's stature. I would think that Wheeler, Nieuwenhuis or Den Dekker, and Tapia might do it. You might have to add another prospect, like Muno or Aderlin.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Sign me up for wheeler, tapia and Murphy, Duda and MDD


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,844
    vCash
    1500
    Stanton has the most power in baseball, he's proven, young, and cheap. He's not getting traded.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Milton Pennsylvania
    Posts
    516
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Stanton has the most power in baseball, he's proven, young, and cheap. He's not getting traded.
    He's unhappy, the Marlins have a history of trading there best players, he might not be traded this year but soon.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,844
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by psurulesyou View Post
    He's unhappy, the Marlins have a history of trading there best players, he might not be traded this year but soon.
    They don't care if he's unhappy. They have a history of trading their best, most expensive players. He's still cheap, so I don't see him getting traded for at least 2 more years if at all.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    20,027
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Imo such a deal would be one of Wheeler or Harvey, Flores, Tapia or Fulmer and an outfielder as well one of Puello or Ceciliani.

    It would be 4-1.
    You have more knowledge of that than myself, i just don't know what would be enough for a 23 year old OF with incredible power who is making 500k next year.

    I know its 2 different sports but i think it would require something of the ilk of a Herschel Walker type trade to acquire Stanton.

    He just would have so many bidders on the trade market (hypothetically) that someone would really have to blow the Marlins away.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    20,027
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Whoa, there Cowboy! Don't get carried away. Stanton is a great young ballplayer, but no one has ever been trraded for a package like yours. It, as you said, unbelievable.
    Someone would overpay for Stanton, he's a game changer and arguably has the most power in the major leagues.

    I say that partially in jest because the Mets would neither give that up for Stanton neither would the Marlins deal him ultimately.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    75,354
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You have more knowledge of that than myself, i just don't know what would be enough for a 23 year old OF with incredible power who is making 500k next year.

    I know its 2 different sports but i think it would require something of the ilk of a Herschel Walker type trade to acquire Stanton.

    He just would have so many bidders on the trade market (hypothetically) that someone would really have to blow the Marlins away.
    The guy is a stud in the making and just 23, so the world is what it would take to get him, which imo is just too much.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1955
    Posts
    26,504
    vCash
    1500

    Trade Idea

    So in other words, move along and find another OFer.

    Here's an idea. Instead of gutting your farm to get one, spend a little money.

    We'll Leave a Light On For You


    Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Born in Brooklyn, New Jersey now.
    Posts
    1,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    So in other words, move along and find another OFer.

    Here's an idea. Instead of gutting your farm to get one, spend a little money.
    Yeah! And if you can't afford college, borrow from your parents. Good advice to a kid from a poor family.

    How about find an outfielder in the trade market whose salary is still reasonable, and who wouldn't require half the farm to obtain . . like Josh Willingham or Shin-Soo Choo?
    Last edited by dunbummin; 11-18-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,349
    vCash
    1500
    Or we can just kidnap Stanton and hold him ransom for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    29,154
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    So in other words, move along and find another OFer.

    Here's an idea. Instead of gutting your farm to get one, spend a little money.
    If the Mets were smart and really wanted to spend their money wisely, they shouldn't use it to buy catchers, pitchers, and outfielders.

    They should use it to contribute to the FoC retirement fund. Now THAT's a great bang for the buck!
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Born in Brooklyn, New Jersey now.
    Posts
    1,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If the Mets were smart and really wanted to spend their money wisely, they shouldn't use it to buy catchers, pitchers, and outfielders.

    They should use it to contribute to the FoC retirement fund. Now THAT's a great bang for the buck!
    If you really want to bang a buck you should head out into the woods with a condom and search for the biggest pair of antlers you can find.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •