Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Trade Idea

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    1500

    Trade Idea

    My brother and I were discussing a trade idea I'd be in favor for but he was not so interested in seeing what other Met fans think. With the fire sale in Miami would you trade Zach Wheeler and Parnell for Giancarlo Stanton? Dickey Santana Harvey Niese is a solid 4 pending on Santana so feel comfortable trading wheeler for the right handed power bat in the outfield we desperately need. Thoughts???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    370
    vCash
    1500
    No...But I would send a package of Niese and Murphy for Stanton, however I doubt the Marlins would be interested in trading Stanton as he's on the cheap and under team control for another 4 years(I think?)

    Wheeler is Untouchable, Parnell...has potential now that he is learning to pitch and not just throw.

    Plus I still think that if the Mutts err I mean Mets are going to pursue anyone it should be De Aza

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    No...But I would send a package of Niese and Murphy for Stanton, however I doubt the Marlins would be interested in trading Stanton as he's on the cheap and under team control for another 4 years(I think?)

    Wheeler is Untouchable, Parnell...has potential now that he is learning to pitch and not just throw.

    Plus I still think that if the Mutts err I mean Mets are going to pursue anyone it should be De Aza
    Lol the fact that u would even mention a Murphy and Niese for Stanton trade is embarrassing. Stanton is an elite outfielder. That deals a joke and we'd be laughed at

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    370
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Lol the fact that u would even mention a Murphy and Niese for Stanton trade is embarrassing. Stanton is an elite outfielder. That deals a joke and we'd be laughed at

    Maybe...maybe not...you have to look at it from Loria's point of view...Stanton is furious with the organization, he seems to feel betrayed, therefore I doubt he'll want to produce for them(Remember the Delgado/Randolph standoff?) with that in mind perhaps they would be open to it...you start with Niese and Murphy and see what the counter offer is...maybe they would want a prospect thrown in...

    Now also you have to remember it's what I said I would offer for Stanton if I were in the position to do so...What Sandy will offer is...NOTHING. In fact I'd be very surprised to learn that Sandy even picked up the phone to make an call to the Marlins.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Marlins would ask for Harvey + Wheeler + more for Stanton. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    514
    vCash
    1500
    No

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    1500
    Niese makes more than Stanton wouldn't see that happening even if they had interest in him, but why wouldn't you trade wheeler for a 30+ home run 23 year old all star?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    370
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayMusic View Post
    Niese makes more than Stanton wouldn't see that happening even if they had interest in him, but why wouldn't you trade wheeler for a 30+ home run 23 year old all star?

    Have you not been watching the past few seasons? We lose pitchers to injury faster than a naive Kansas girl loses her virginity on a Hollywood casting couch....Wheeler is insurance for the 2013 mid season and beyond.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,954
    vCash
    1500
    If you can get Stanton for Wheeler one on one, you say "yes sir" and do it as fast as is humanly possible.

    I love how people fall in love with prospects .Stanton is a bonfide big league slugging outfielder. He plays every day. Yes, you swap him for a starting pitcher every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If you can get Stanton for Wheeler one on one, you say "yes sir" and do it as fast as is humanly possible.

    I love how people fall in love with prospects .Stanton is a bonfide big league slugging outfielder. He plays every day. Yes, you swap him for a starting pitcher every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    It would take a lot more than just Wheeler. Like I said, we would need to give up him and Harvey and most likely someone else. If Loria is stupid enough to just ask for Wheeler, then you call him up and tell him you have a deal as fast as possible.

    Stanton is already a superstar, is making 480K, isn't a free agent for 5 more years, and is only 23. It's going to take a huge package to get him off the Marlin's hands.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Have you not been watching the past few seasons? We lose pitchers to injury faster than a naive Kansas girl loses her virginity on a Hollywood casting couch....Wheeler is insurance for the 2013 mid season and beyond.
    Dickey
    Santana
    Niese
    Harvey
    Gee
    Mejia
    Familia
    Hefner
    Can bring Chris Young back even pelf how much insurance do you need when you can bring in an all star power bat??

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,158
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayMusic View Post
    Dickey
    Santana
    Niese
    Harvey
    Gee
    Mejia
    Familia
    Hefner
    Can bring Chris Young back even pelf how much insurance do you need when you can bring in an all star power bat??
    It would take something unbelievable to get Stanton.

    You would have to start with Wheeler, Harvey, Flores, then deal Fulmer, Montero, Tapia, Mateo, etc etc.

    Essentially we would have to empty our farm system for a guy like Stanton.

    It would be great to acquire him but it's not happening.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-17-2012 at 03:39 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,403
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayMusic View Post
    Dickey
    Santana
    Niese
    Harvey
    Gee
    Mejia
    Familia
    Hefner
    Can bring Chris Young back even pelf how much insurance do you need when you can bring in an all star power bat??
    Hefner you must be joking, you forgot pelfrey also, santana is always hurt so we have
    Dickey
    Niese
    Harvey
    Gee
    Pelfrey

    let wheeler and co develop in AAA

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    54,753
    vCash
    1500
    Hefner isn't that bad. There is reason to believe Wheeler will be ready.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Hefner isn't that bad. There is reason to believe Wheeler will be ready.
    I see him most valuable as the "6th man." He can pitch out of the bullpen anytime and can spot start.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •