Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    And what is JEFF's 1st preference?
    That's right, resign them.

I think Wright will resign, I'm quite sure about it.

Has he resigned him yet? has he resigned RA yet?

Why is his 2nd preference letting them play out this year, when in your opinion, they're rebuilding?

vCash
    Has let them walk yet.

We all get it, you don't like the Wilpons or this FO.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Has let them walk yet.

We all get it, you don't like the Wilpons or this FO.
    I know that, but why is trading them the 3rd best option? the option that makes no sense whatsoever, especially when you consider that the team is rebuilding?

vCash
    Wright, Duda, and Niese to the Royals for Moustakas, Myers, and Gordon

Dickey to the Tigers for Jackson and Porcello

CF- Jackson
    LF- Gordon
    3B- Moustakas
    1B- Ike
    RF- Myers
    2B- Murphy
    SS- Tejada
    C- Thole

SP- Santana
    SP- Harvey
    SP- Porcello
    SP- Wheeler
    SP- Gee

Talk about a rebuild on the fly
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Has he resigned him yet? has he resigned RA yet?

Why is his 2nd preference letting them play out this year, when in your opinion, they're rebuilding?
    The Wilpons are dumb. And they probably are actually dumb enough to let both guys walk for nothing.

But as far as what is said in the public, he *should* be saying the Mets would be happy to keep them even if they aren't signed. Not that teams take what other teams say to the media as the gospel truth...but it would seem the Mets being open to keeping both guys even if they aren't signed helps their trade leverage a bit more than if teams knew the Mets would be desperate to move them ASAP if they couldn't be signed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspy44 View Post
    The Wilpons are broke. And they probably are actually broke enough to let both guys walk for nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post

CF- Jackson
    LF- Gordon
    3B- Moustakas
    1B- Ike
    RF- Myers
    2B- Murphy
    SS- Tejada
    C- Thole

SP- Santana
    SP- Harvey
    SP- Porcello
    SP- Wheeler
    SP- Gee

'
    The second trade would never happen, however I'd move Dickey and Wright for Moustakas; Myers, and Gordon. If they're not biting on that, I'd throw in Hefner, maybe Mejeia as well. Very fair trade for both sides. We get two highly touted prospects and one fairly young(turning 29) above average outfielder who is locked up for the next 4 years, while they get a star 3B; a durable 200+ innings eater #2/3 who will provide leadership to the rotation and one or two decent options for insurance(Hefner and/or Mejeia)
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    And what is JEFF's 1st preference?
    That's right, resign them.

I think Wright will resign, I'm quite sure about it.
    That was their same preference with Reyes. Then look what happened. That was a very troubling comment from Wilpon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    That was their same preference with Reyes. Then look what happened. That was a very troubling comment from Wilpon.
    These are two totally different scenarios.
    Reyes was coming off a down year and Wright & Dickey aren't. That's why they are negotiating a year before they become free agents.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post

CF- Jackson
    LF- Gordon
    3B- Moustakas
    1B- Ike
    RF- Myers
    2B- Murphy
    SS- Tejada
    C- Thole

SP- Santana
    SP- Harvey
    SP- Porcello
    SP- Wheeler
    SP- Gee

i actually like both of those deals, but the Royals would have to sign Wright to an extension for them to even consider that trade, and i'm not sure Wright will be too interested in playing long term in KC.

vCash
    I know that, but why is trading them the 3rd best option? the option that makes no sense whatsoever, especially when you consider that the team is rebuilding?
    Not that I advocate dealing either Wright or Dickey but wouldn't trading them both be their best option if they are rebuilding?

Especially if they have little inclination on adding impact FA after this year (hypothetically)

In obvious hindsight Reyes should have been dealt but I think Sandy realizes compensation picks are not adequate return for either Wright or Dickey. (Knowing how sentimental they are to the fan base and both coming off exceptional seasons)

Either way if the Mets are looking for a "monster" package for Wright and/or Dickey I would expect if they dont get it they will re-sign both (or at the very least Wright)

Its all negotiating ploys to this point.

And until it isn't, that's all it is.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-21-2012 at 02:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Not that I advocate dealing either Wright or Dickey but wouldn't trading them both be their best option if they are rebuilding?

Especially if they have little inclination on adding impact FA after this year (hypothetically)

In obvious hindsight Reyes should have been dealt but I think Sandy realizes compensation picks are not adequate return for either Wright or Dickey. (Knowing how sentimental they are to the fan base and both coming off exceptional seasons)

Either way if the Mets are looking for a "monster" package for Wright and/or Dickey I would expect if they dont get it they will re-sign both (or at the very least Wright)

Its all negotiating ploys to this point.

And until it isn't, that's all it is.

Well of course Jeffy has his priorities screwed up, but that's Jeffy an arrogant little turd who achieved nothing off his own back.

However, are these Jeffy's priorities or Fredo's?

There's no need to reiterate what options are acceptable in Jeffy's list 1 and 3.

Buy as I keep saying their priorities and ours are very different, we know what makes baseball sense they care about what makes sense financially in the very short term.

We don't know whether it's neg. ploys or not

Would any Mets fan who is being honest with himself deny that it's possible that the Mets totally screw this up?

Jeffy's comments at face value, point directly to a massive ****-up.

vCash
    Well of course Jeffy has his priorities screwed up, but that's Jeffy an arrogant little turd who achieved nothing off his own back.

However, are these Jeffy's priorities or Fredo's?

There's no need to reiterate what options are acceptable in Jeffy's list 1 and 3.

Buy as I keep saying their priorities and ours are very different, we know what makes baseball sense they care about what makes sense financially in the very short term.

We don't know whether it's neg. ploys or not

Would any Mets fan who is being honest with himself deny that it's possible that the Mets totally screw this up?

Jeffy's comments at face value, point directly to a massive ****-up.
    Of course they could screw this up but you would think they would learn from prior example in Reyes.

Wright and Dickey will leave in FA if they have similarly great seasons next year.

This is their opportunity to make sure that doesn't happen.

I don't care about Jeff's opinions on what his priorities are. The FO's view is here is most important. The only thing of real importance in regards to Jeff Wilpon is the allocution of money to pay Wright and Dickey.

Wright and Dickey are certainly worth more than compensation picks and if they get them both re-signed I am sure they deal both.

Remember the Mets will probably be out of the race quickly next year which will surely open up a market of suitors for Wright and Dickey. We have a long way to go in this process.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they are both dealt during the season either if they cant them both re-sigend this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Of course they could screw this up but you would think they would learn from prior example in Reyes.

Wright and Dickey will leave in FA if they have similarly great seasons next year.

This is their opportunity to make sure that doesn't happen.

I don't care about Jeff's opinions on what his priorities are. The FO's view is here is most important. The only thing of real importance in regards to Jeff Wilpon is the allocution of money to pay Wright and Dickey.

Wright and Dickey are certainly worth more than compensation picks and if they get them both re-signed I am sure they deal both.

Remember the Mets will probably be out of the race quickly next year which will surely open up a market of suitors for Wright and Dickey. We have a long way to go in this process.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they are both dealt during the season either if they cant them both re-sigend this offseason.
    And I would not be surprised to see them take the selfish route with one or both, either.

The FO is a puppet show. Its' all about $$$$. So I have no faith in Spindy having any power when push comes to shove on very expensive players. It'll be about money first and foremost.

vCash
    The Mets never get anything wrapped up quickly.
    That's what she said...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast