Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Noooooooo this is terrible!! lol
    Haha the entire situation is terrible. The team is terrible. Ownership is terrible.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    neither will be a Met next year. The Wilpons are just delaying the inevitable to sell as many tickets as possible before the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Well spent some time thinking of potential suitors for them if they don't resign. Tigers seem like a great option (pending extensions)

Tigers Get:
    Wright, Dickey

Mets Get:
    Castellanos, Dirks, Porcello
    You are overpaying.

I want Jackson and Castellanos for Dickey.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Haha the entire situation is terrible. The team is terrible. Ownership is terrible.
    I agree they are good trading partners, but that was a massive overpay for the Mets. I personally believe that Castellanos is a little overrated.

vCash
    with the emergence of Wilmar Flores, maybe the Mets are better off saving the money they were going to give to wright and just trade him instead. Get a good amount of prospects back and hurry up the rebuilding process, same goes with dickey.

vCash
    Well spent some time thinking of potential suitors for them if they don't resign. Tigers seem like a great option (pending extensions)

Tigers Get:
    Wright, Dickey

Mets Get:
    Castellanos, Dirks, Porcello
    i don't think the tigers are a good fit for wright, they have miggy there, and i think the plan is to let V-Mart walk at the end of 2013 and put Castallanos at 3rd moving either miggy or prince to the dh.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...rable-to-trade
    Despite losing Jose Reyes a year ago with only draft-pick compensation, chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon maintained Tuesday that the Mets' preference would be to have David Wright and R.A. Dickey play their option years with the club rather than trade them this offseason.

Of course, Wilpon noted, the ultimate priority is to sign both to extensions.

"We hope to have a resolution," Wilpon said. "And you know what? Part of that resolution might be that we get deals done with both of them or one of them. Part of that might be that they both come back and play for us next year. They're both under contract. This is not a free-agent situation. This is not an arbitration situation. They're both under contract. We have all the flexibility in the world with that.

"Or Sandy [Alderson] could decide that, gee, we trade one or both of them. That's not where we're at. Right now the process is ongoing. And I think that's the best way to characterize it."

Asked about his level of optimism in reaching extension deals, Wilpon said: "Certainly, it's gotten better, because there's conversations going back and forth. So when you look at it from the end of the season when you didn't really know how they were going to accept or look at how we were positioning things and they were positioning things, there's more optimism."

Wilpon added that the "first preference" is to reach longer-term deals with both players.

"That has been the first preference," Wilpon said. "The second preference is probably to keep them and have them play out the season. The third preference would be to trade them. They're both important to the franchise and fan favorites. So we'd like to keep it that way."

Reminded that the Mets lost Reyes for only draft picks after letting him play out his option season and then failing to re-sign him, Wilpon said: "We're dealing in hypothetical now, so I don't want to go there. In terms of right now, the process is ongoing and we want to get something done."

The Mets already have picked up Wright's $16 million option and Dickey's $5 million option for next season.

"The process is ongoing," Wilpon said. "That's all I can say. I know there's some misconception in the marketplace about what's going on, and that's because we're not talking and the other sides are not talking [to the media]. The ability to do this in a way we want to do it and they want to do it is what we're doing. I don't want to get into where we are, what offers have been there, what haven't. The process is ongoing. It's a good process right now."
    **** you Wilpons. If you don't agree to a deal, trade both of them you useless pieces of ****.

vCash
    chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon maintained Tuesday that the Mets' preference would be to have David Wright and R.A. Dickey play their option years with the club rather than trade them this offseason.

Now the truth begins to emerge. Nothing else matters but next years attendance figures. Let's get real their #1 preference is what Jeffy just stated.

vCash
    That quote means nothing.
    Sorry Charlie.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    That quote means nothing.
    Sorry Charlie.

It's a direct quote from Jeff Wilpon. Who is Charlie?

vCash
    "That has been the first preference," Wilpon said. "The second preference is probably to keep them and have them play out the season. The third preference would be to trade them. They're both important to the franchise and fan favorites. So we'd like to keep it that way."

There goes the rebuild myth...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i don't think the tigers are a good fit for wright, they have miggy there, and i think the plan is to let V-Mart walk at the end of 2013 and put Castallanos at 3rd moving either miggy or prince to the dh.
    yea i totally forgot about v-mart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post

There goes the rebuild myth...
    WoW......There this has so much Fail written all over it. The thought of Wright and Dickey both walking with only comp picks is horrifying. This wouls set us back 5-6 years.

vCash
    And what is JEFF's 1st preference?
    That's right, resign them.

I think Wright will resign, I'm quite sure about it.

vCash
    WoW......There this has so much Fail written all over it. The thought of Wright and Dickey both walking with only comp picks is horrifying. This wouls set us back 5-6 years.
    Only a complete moron would take the second course of action, that's the polar opposite of rebuilding.

Think of it this way, for the Coupons option 2 is the one that makes most financial sense short-term, and everything they do is short-term.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast