Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

A decision about Wright and Dickey Thanksgiving and the winter meetings

DPLennon RT @MarcCarig: Sounds like window between Thanksgiving and the winter meetings are going to be important in Mets' talks with Dickey/Wright.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said that they need to have more clarity on talks with free agents David Wright and R.A. Dickey between Thanksgiving and the winter meetings.
    The Mets have already made a formal extension offer to Wright and are awaiting a counter proposal, but aren't as far along in talks with Dickey. They'll seek resolutions to both situations before the winter meetings, in order to determine the team's direction for the remainder of the offseason. Nov 16 - 7:32 PM
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3920/david-wright
    Last edited by Claymation; 11-17-2012 at 08:43 AM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Originally they wanted to wrap them up by the end of the world series. Whats next, the All-Star break?
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Originally they wanted to wrap them up by the end of the world series. Whats next, the All-Star break?

The Mets never get anything wrapped up quickly.

vCash

A decision about Wright and Dickey Thanksgiving and the winter meetings

I do not mind waiting, but if they don't sign then, them ****ing trade them. None if this lets keep em and try to have a miraculous season with them.

vCash
    It's a little hard to get contract details hammered out promptly when the units of currency the Wilpons prefer to use are half-full bags of jelly beans...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I do not mind waiting, but if they don't sign then, them ****ing trade them. None if this lets keep em and try to have a miraculous season with them.

Don't be surprised to see the Mets totally **** this up.

vCash
    That seems old. Earlier reports had said the Mets and Wright already exchanged offer-counteroffers. And the NYDN had said the Mets send an offer out to Dickey a couple weeks ago.

Ahh..so many different rumors its hard to know which is right.

Just get them signed already!

vCash
    No excuses Mets.

vCash
    I would like to be a temporary citizen of Missouri. So "Show Me" something Mets anything that would get the old blodd going for the next eason. If I see another .167 batting average minor leaguer signed I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown. Same goes with another rag armed pitcher signed.

vCash
    I'll call the hospital...

vCash
    I see where Jeff is very much involved in negoitatons for Wright. What was said in an article I read was that Jeff sticks to the low end of a proposal as opposed to seeking middle ground from Wrights agents offer. With this kind of mindset, it might be ST before a deal is ironed out if any. Example would be Jeff says 6 years and Wright's people say 8 years and Jeff counters with 6 again. Most people would say OK lets meet in the middle 7 years. But since its Wilpons money, well I can see his point. It might be a long winter before a deal is struck!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Only another 40 or so years of Jeff Wilpon running (ruining?) the Mets to look forward to.

vCash
    Well spent some time thinking of potential suitors for them if they don't resign. Tigers seem like a great option (pending extensions)

Tigers Get:
    Wright, Dickey

Mets Get:
    Castellanos, Dirks, Porcello

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Well spent some time thinking of potential suitors for them if they don't resign. Tigers seem like a great option (pending extensions)

Tigers Get:
    Wright, Dickey

Mets Get:
    Castellanos, Dirks, Porcello
    Noooooooo this is terrible!! lol

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast