Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Smart will change the starting 5

Smart was clear that line-up changes were coming next game.
    https://twitter.com/James_Ham/status/269674883607306240

I think all he'll do is start Salmons at the 3 over James Johnson.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    more:

According to head coach Keith Smart, changes are coming and soon. Starting Sunday, a new lineup will begin the game, but in classic Smart fashion, he wasn’t willing to hand his plan over just yet.

On the top of the list has to be small forward James Johnson who once again struggled to find his shooting touch. Johnson finished the game 1-for-7 from the field, which dropped his shooting percentage this season below 32 percent.

The Hawks outscored the Kings by 14 points in each of the first and third quarters. For Johnson, his major moment of weakness came during an eight-minute stretch in the third quarter where he went 0-for-5 on mostly wide-open jumpers from the baseline.

Of course Johnson is only one piece to a much bigger puzzle. Poor shooting is leading to easy buckets on the other end and there are plenty of Kings to blame for their shooting woes.
    http://www.cowbellkingdom.com/
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Something needs to happen! Trade 1 of our 3 PG's along with 1 of our 5 billon SF's!

The following needs to happen: Someone needs to be FIRED, Players need to be TRADED, and the players need to be PROFESSIONALS!

vCash
    PG - Brooks -------------- Then give Jimmer some damn minutes!
    SG - Evans
    SF - Salmons
    PF - Thompson
    C - Cousins

I would take Thomas out of the starting lineup due to the fact that he's not running the show. As a PG, your job is to promote ball movement by running the offense. Too many isolation plays being ran, not enough pick and rolls, etc.

vCash
    I would go Jimmer, Thornton, Evans, Thompson, Cousins.

Evans as the primary ball handler. Let Jimmer and Thornton float on the perimeter.

<3

vCash
    Brooks
    Thornton
    Salmons
    JT
    Boogie

We're looking good with Brooks running the show.

vCash
    After watching Keith Smarts post game he said we have players who think they are 1 on 1 players and they are not. I think he is talking Evans.

I kept thinking Evans should be the primary ball handler, but after watching him tonight when he played PG all he did was penetrate shoot. If he wants to play PG he has to realize he is not the only player on offense.

I would start

Brooks
    Thorton
    Salmons
    Thompson
    Cousins

I would reduce Evans minutes and greatly reduce Johnsons minutes.

In my opinion Johnson sucks, I saw twice in the first four minutes of the game Thomas penetrate and then kick it out too a wide open James Johnson and he would not even take the shot. How is Thomas going to get assists playing alongside Evans and Johnson?

vCash
    I've been reluctant to say this in the past...but I think it's Jimmer time. Give him some serious minutes and see what he can do. There needs to be some efficient ball distribution, and we're not getting it from any other guard. The fact that Boogie is averaging as many assists per game as Thomas and Brooks, but has a better assist-to-turnover ratio is a pretty telling statement. Maybe Jimmer will pleasantly surprise us, maybe not. All I know is we gotta try something different because this team is becoming more painful to watch than ever.
    You can never give up because quitting is not an option. No matter how dark it is or how weak you get, until you take that last breath, you must fight.”
    -Wayman Tisdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I would go Jimmer, Thornton, Evans, Thompson, Cousins.

Evans as the primary ball handler. Let Jimmer and Thornton float on the perimeter.
    I've been screaming for this lineup for days haha, let Jimmer and Tyreke share ball handling responsibilities since Jimmer is actually a pretty good passer, and he seems to call the most plays. But this lineup is the best way to get better passing lanes and open shots, I'd think about starting Hayes tho as well, to help the 2nd unit with rebounding. Not saying his minutes would be drastically changed

vCash
    Better late than never, Smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    I just need to see a change.
    Last edited by sneak; 11-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    PG - Brooks sub- Jimmer
    SG - Evans sub- Thorton
    SF - Salmons sub-Johnson
    PF - Thompson sub- Robinson
    C - Cousins Sub- Hayes

Even with this roster they are going no where, Trade Reke for Luol Deng and try to swing a third team for Salmons nasty contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers23 View Post
    PG - Brooks sub- Jimmer
    SG - Evans sub- Thorton
    SF - Salmons sub-Johnson
    PF - Thompson sub- Robinson
    C - Cousins Sub- Hayes

Even with this roster they are going no where, Trade Reke for Luol Deng and try to swing a third team for Salmons nasty contract.
    x2

vCash

Smart will change the starting 5

My starting five:
    Jimmer
    Thornton
    Salmons
    Hayes
    Cousins

Why?:
    Tyreke has been ineffective playing against the best defender of the other team. He isn't good enough to put up points against a good defender without a jumper. Last year, we won a couple games in a row when tyreke wasn't playing, then he played off the bench and played very well, and we won again. We did that again the next game, but we lost.. We still played decently.. Tyreke should be the second unit go to guy because he would excel with brooks and Cisco and t rob and JT.
    I like Thornton starting because he is scrappy and he is a slow starter sometimes (gets rust off sooner) and I think he's deserved to start over reke by his production the last year and a half in sacramento.
    Salmons is back. He is shooting well, playing great d, and passing well. He deserves to be a starter again.
    Jimmer deserves a chance. Start him. At least try it. One game won't ruin this years chances at playoffs haha. He needs more minutes. He's playing defense, making the right pass, shooting with confidence, and spreading the floor. Everything they told him to improve on, he did! So try him out.
    Hayes orchestrates the offense from the high post so well it's amazing. He would also help boogie out at the defensive end because cousin won't have to guard the Dwight's, Gasol's, and the Bynums of the league which would keep boogie outta foul trouble.
    Demarcus will be fine once he plays with some space and no James Johnson haha