Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I don't think Rasmus is ready
    Haha does he need more seasoning in AAA

vCash
    All this talk about Gose and Rasmus, reminds me of the exact debates about Escobar and Hech. Esc. , bad year will bounce back, Hech will start in AAA. as would Gose. Basically what AA said a month ago.

Then he goes and trades both of them for an allstar SS. No more debates. AA has ants in his pants and will still make some moves, maybe at the winter meetings. Who's to say he doesn't do what he did at SS.
    This team is not finished yet, so I will have patience and see what he comes up with next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred91 View Post
    Haha does he need more seasoning in AAA
    Yes
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    You could trade Rasmus while his value is still pretty high:

For those who think Gose isn't ready for the Majors, let's compare the last 10 games of Gose vs. Rasmus

Gose .276 avg vs. Rasmus .176 avg
    Gose 5 walks vs. Rasmus 3 walks (Gose walked in 9% of PA all season vs. Rasmus' 7.5%)
    Gose 7 k's vs. Rasmus 12 k's (the one thing I really liked was Gose limiting multiple strikeout game to 1 in this last 10 games (or 10% of games), compared to 10 out of his first 39 games with atleast two plate appearances (or 26% of games).
    Gose a double and a triple vs. nada for Rasmus
    This doesnt also take into account the Sacrifice bunts Gose made.

Gose also had 15 stolen bases in 56 games (189 plate appearances) vs. Rasmus 4 stolen bases in 151 games (or 625 PA).

Gose also had a better OBP and played the outfield better than Rasmus I thought. Covers the field well (Rasmus does too) but he has a stronger arm than Rasmus.

So I don't know about you, I think Gose is perfectly ready for CF. Will definitely have some growing pains, but he's got a taste of the bigs and I really liked his plate discipline, I thought it was getting better. The one thing you don't see in the stats was his ability to run up counts. At 22 being able to do that is good, I think he'll get better with experience.

I think you trade Rasmus and get a pitcher (could be young) but a good #5 starter who could blossom to a mid rotation (or better). Rasmus could break out and then sell him or if you can get something decent back now, go for it.
    Really a 10 game sample to fit you argument? Gose is not ready and Rasmus has shown he can do it at a MLB level. Gose will get his chance just not now. He could use hitting a better league in AAA next year.

vCash
    The similarities between Rasmus' situation and Travis Snider's are very interesting...big time prospect, came up early, showed some promise, then lost it and got on the bad side of their managers....They're both really one more trade away from getting the "journeyman" label or worse..."underperformer".

Rasmus has a lot of pressure on him right now to show some consistency and I think he could have a great year as a result.

If not, I'd rather wait until the trade deadline to give up on him.

vCash
    I like Rasmus and really want him to succeed. Not too many CF's who play solid d and put up 20 HR power. Sure his average and OBP suck but look at what BJ Upton will sign for and then think is Rasmus really that bad at half the salary?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I don't think Gose is ready. I could see Rasmus being dealt but you'd sure as hell be selling low on him and inserting a rookie into the lineup who needs more AB's in the minors.
    Agreed.
    Yup, why sell so low?
    Agreed, needs more time in the minors, needs to earn his way to the majors unlike last year.

vCash
    Yes there is a good chance Ramsus is traded, but i'd only do it if we found a way to upgrade at CF.

vCash
    Id move Rasmus if it means a starter comming our way. Id be comfortable starting Gose.

Maybe Rasmus + Arencibia for Oganda?

Id even start the season with Rajai/Bonafacio in CF and call up Gose and D'arnaud in May/June so we set his arbitration clock back.

I dont mind going into opening day with:

Reyez
    Lawrie
    Bautista
    Encarnasion
    Cabrera
    Lind
    Buck
    Davis
    Bonfacio/Isturiz

Mid season

Reyez