Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    10 games? that's a sample size of a sample size of a sample size.
    Look at his progression...LOOK...Rasmus didnt improve...Gose did...his SO's went down. His hits went up. His walks went up.

It all MEANS SOMETHING! He's a stud, i dont see him in the minors for two more years. So you have to make a decision....trade Rasmus now and get something valuable for sure or wait till 2013 and risk him having a down year again where he has no value? If he breaks out, then great we have a good problem...but I think Gose is someone you can take a chance with in CF and work with some vets. He's going to be a 9 hitter anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Rasmus may also get better, but personally long-term I like Gose' tools a whole lot better, I think he eventually wins out -- whether this off-season or end of 2013, I think its Gose who'll stay.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 11-17-2012 at 02:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Look at his progression...LOOK...Rasmus didnt improve...Gose did...his SO's went down. His hits went up. His walks went up.

It all MEANS SOMETHING! He's a stud, i dont see him in the minors for two more years. So you have to make a decision....trade Rasmus now and get something valuable for sure or wait till 2013 and risk him having a down year again where he has no value? If he breaks out, then great we have a good problem...but I think Gose is someone you can take a chance with in CF and work with some vets. He's going to be a 9 hitter anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Rasmus may also get better, but personally long-term I like Gose' tools a whole lot better, I think he eventually wins out -- whether this off-season or end of 2013, I think its Gose who'll stay.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that all rookies/youngsters do well at the end of the season?

vCash
    We are not done with moves yet, but I don't expect Rasmus to be moved. Gose on the move seems possible, but Rasmus is here at least another year or more.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I can't really legitimize a scenario where Colby Rasmus isn't gonna be our CF this year. IMO Gose should be in the minors, so trading Rasmus would downgrade performance @ CF for no purpose at all. Rasmus plays solid D, and has offensive upside that we shouldn't ignore in a 26 year old. I don't see how AA would sell someone he's coveted so long at his current lukewarm value, unless they were to find a way to upgrade CF via a Justin Upton caliber player. And that's a long shot.

...but crazier things have happened.

Jays '13

vCash
    Yes there is absolutely no doubt he will get traded. It is guaranteed.

No he will not be traded, there is no way.

How can you say either way.

**** anyone can be traded.

vCash
    rasmus' potential still justifies his salary for one more year. After that, open game
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I thought he started last year of well but then he faded. This is going to be his 6th season in the majors and he hasn't lived up to his potential except for 2010. This wouldn't be a major issue, if Gose hadn't started a bunch of games last year. I think Gose is ready.

I thought maybe they could move Rasmus to left and put Gose in center but that isn't going to happen with the Cabrera signing. can they get a middle of the rotation starter or a decent dh for rasmus?
    To be honest with you... rasmus's number aside from average were similar or better then his 2010 season.. I think his biggest issue is strikeouts... if he can relax and build on his discipline at the plate the dude will be a stud

vCash
    Gose could start in CF and hit 9th, i would love that, anything he could bring would be a bonus but we would have another speedy guy in the lineup who could make things happen that way.

I don't like Rasmus game, no consistence and i don't like that

vCash
    I would be reluctant to move any hitter at this point. Who next year's hitting coach is IMO is a big consideration.

vCash
    Gose batting 9th wouldn't kill us, but he could use a year in AAA that isn't in Vegas. I'm not against dealing Rasmus, but it's got to be a deal you can't refuse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that all rookies/youngsters do well at the end of the season?
    Not all. Look at Trout last year, he was shat at the end of the year, went back to the minors for a month in April AND BOOM! Came out of the gun this year and was runner up in MVP voting.

And there's a difference between putting up numbers and showing the tangibles that your improving. No not by increasing your hr or rbi count or things that really don't matter for a brand new rookie. But things like working the count, being solid on the bases, knowing how to cover the field well, putting down a bunt in the right situations, etc. Things he was showing as the weeks were going on.

Its not to say Gose is going to come out and explode and be an MVP candidate, but he was using his tools effectively and he's going to be a really good ball player. Has a great attitude! Its the small thing you gotta watch for Halladay when you watching baseball, especially in prospects. Most people get caught up in the big picture, but don't look at what the player is doing that is getting other very high on their abilities.

vCash
    You find yourself asking the same questions with players like JPA and Drabek. I see AA pulling off another blockbuster involving Rasmus with one of those two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    There's always a chance, but I highly doubt they'd move Rasmus. Who would they put in CF? Gose? Not ready. Melky? Maybe...but I'm not sure you're much further along with Melky in CF and Bonifacio in LF.

Maybe in a year or two if/when Gose shows that he can step in. Until then, I think Rasmus stays.
    agreed, plus its not like Rasmus's value is sky high right now. Theres still plenty of upside in Rasmus, I'm expecting more from him this year than last year, which wasn't that bad of a year. I'd definitely start the season with Colby in CF and let his performance and Gose's performance in AAA dictate the next move, if any

vCash
    I think that right now our best trade chip is still JPA and not Rasmus or Gose. In an ideal scenario, I'd like to see Rasmus as the starting CF and Gose in AAA. Then let Gose force your hand. If he's tearing it up a few months in, you trade Rasmus and call him up. If he's not, you give him the year to develop. The worst thing to happen would be to trade Rasmus away and then realize that Gose isn't ready to handle an everyday spot in the lineup.

vCash
    I don't think Rasmus is ready
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast