Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is there a chance Colby Rasmus gets moved?

I thought he started last year of well but then he faded. This is going to be his 6th season in the majors and he hasn't lived up to his potential except for 2010. This wouldn't be a major issue, if Gose hadn't started a bunch of games last year. I think Gose is ready.

I thought maybe they could move Rasmus to left and put Gose in center but that isn't going to happen with the Cabrera signing. can they get a middle of the rotation starter or a decent dh for rasmus?

vCash
    There's always a chance, but I highly doubt they'd move Rasmus. Who would they put in CF? Gose? Not ready. Melky? Maybe...but I'm not sure you're much further along with Melky in CF and Bonifacio in LF.

Maybe in a year or two if/when Gose shows that he can step in. Until then, I think Rasmus stays.

vCash
    If they need money for pitching or a DH I could see them flipping Rasmus and letting Gose start in CF.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    The way things are going this offseason anything is possible, however I think its more likely that Colby stays.

vCash
    GOSE is starting the year at AAA if rasmus doesn't come around by the trade deadline, he will be moved then, Unless Alex can swing a deal for either brandon phillips or felix

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    meh.. i dont care.. with the lineup we have now hes basically just an 8 or 9 hitter... not bad for that spot...
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    If they need money for pitching or a DH I could see them flipping Rasmus and letting Gose start in CF.
    I think this is the way to go. Ramsus has had his chance. He has some trade value now.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I don't think Gose is ready. I could see Rasmus being dealt but you'd sure as hell be selling low on him and inserting a rookie into the lineup who needs more AB's in the minors.

vCash
    If anything I think Rasmus will be moved next year, AA will want production this year and Rasmus will be the better bet (not a good bet mind you, but better than Gose).

vCash
    Rasmus is going to have a break out season next year. Yes, you heard it hear first (He's the next EE).

vCash
    Rasmus deserves at least one more shake - especially considering the significant upgrades to the lineup AA has made. I think in 2013 Rasmus' RBI, BA w/RISP, and overall game will see improvements. I haven't given up on him yet. While Lind on the other hand should be traded to the Little League for Gatorade.

vCash
    You could trade Rasmus while his value is still pretty high:

For those who think Gose isn't ready for the Majors, let's compare the last 10 games of Gose vs. Rasmus

Gose .276 avg vs. Rasmus .176 avg
    Gose 5 walks vs. Rasmus 3 walks (Gose walked in 9% of PA all season vs. Rasmus' 7.5%)
    Gose 7 k's vs. Rasmus 12 k's (the one thing I really liked was Gose limiting multiple strikeout game to 1 in this last 10 games (or 10% of games), compared to 10 out of his first 39 games with atleast two plate appearances (or 26% of games).
    Gose a double and a triple vs. nada for Rasmus
    This doesnt also take into account the Sacrifice bunts Gose made.

Gose also had 15 stolen bases in 56 games (189 plate appearances) vs. Rasmus 4 stolen bases in 151 games (or 625 PA).

Gose also had a better OBP and played the outfield better than Rasmus I thought. Covers the field well (Rasmus does too) but he has a stronger arm than Rasmus.

So I don't know about you, I think Gose is perfectly ready for CF. Will definitely have some growing pains, but he's got a taste of the bigs and I really liked his plate discipline, I thought it was getting better. The one thing you don't see in the stats was his ability to run up counts. At 22 being able to do that is good, I think he'll get better with experience.

I think you trade Rasmus and get a pitcher (could be young) but a good #5 starter who could blossom to a mid rotation (or better). Rasmus could break out and then sell him or if you can get something decent back now, go for it.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 11-17-2012 at 01:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    You could trade Rasmus while his value is still pretty high:

For those who think Gose isn't ready for the Majors, let's compare the last 10 games of Gose vs. Rasmus

Gose .276 avg vs. Rasmus .176 avg
    Gose 5 walks vs. Rasmus 3 walks (Gose walked in 9% of PA all season vs. Rasmus' 7.5%)
    Gose 7 k's vs. Rasmus 12 k's
    Gose a double and a single vs. nada for Rasmus
    This doesnt also take into account the Sacrifice bunts Gose made.

Gose also had 15 stolen bases in 56 games (189 plate appearances) vs. Rasmus 4 stolen bases in 151 games (or 625 PA).

Gose also had a better OBP and played the outfield better than Rasmus I thought. Covers the field well (Rasmus does too) but he has a stronger arm than Rasmus.

So I don't know about you, I think Gose is perfectly ready for CF. Will definitely have some growing pains, but he's got a taste of the bigs and I really liked his plate discipline, I thought it was getting better. The one thing you don't see in the stats was his ability to run up counts. At 22 being able to do that is good, I think he'll get better with experience.

I think you trade Rasmus and get a pitcher (could be young) but a good #5 starter who could blossom to a mid rotation (or better). Rasmus could break out and then sell him or if you can get something decent back now, go for it.
    The last 10 Games doesn't really mean much, not to mention Gose had an OPS of .622 in 189 PA. Also, you would be selling Rasmus on the low here with a down season. No reason to trade Rasmum unless it is a sure upgrade in CF. Gose will be in AAA.

vCash
    ^Im not denying that Gose could be in AAA, but I don't think Rasmus should automatically win the spot.

And that was the last 10 games -- Im sure if I broke them down evenly the whole season, I still think Gose comes out on top...

One thing you do have to look at is progression. Again you say 10 games means nothing, but that's not entirely true -- stats may mean nothing, but again like I mentioned its the things your not going to see in the stats that made me excited about Gose (his plate discipline, his speed on the bases and throwing off pitchers and his crazy arm -- have we all forgotten that play where he threw that bomb from RF to get (whats his face) out to win the game?)

Stuff like that makes me think Gose deserves a chance with the big league ball club in 2012, especially if Chad Mottola is up here and can really enhance the type of player Gose is. I dont care about OPS as much yet with Gose, I much rather he be a guy who can learn discipline and continue to harness his hitting potential. I'll worry about OPS with due time (and its not like Rasmus had an OPS to boost about, a paltry .689 himself). That's his strength. Besides home runs, I think Gose had Rasmus beat in every other tool...
    Last edited by Sanyo; 11-17-2012 at 02:03 AM.

vCash
    10 games? that's a sample size of a sample size of a sample size.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast