Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rumor mill: manager and burehle

So I seen this morning on the jays app for Android that the manager search is down too the final two and it seems to be Jim Tracy (Rockies) and riggleman (nationals 2010 and 2011) who do you like better???

They also touched on the pitbull issue for burehle and Ontario county saying that if they won't grant him permission to keep the dog in his new place then it may very well force.the jays to trade him elsewhere because he said that is do g will be coming with him...Minnesota needs a pitcher and a trade for fellow Canadian morneau would not be out of order

vCash
    Neither two were any of my personal top choices but I think of the two mentioned I'd rather Jim Tracy.
    As for Buerhle , hopefully they can find away to allow him to keep the dog in Ontario but if not I think I'd rather trade him along with some other trade chips for another big pitcher rather than a bat.

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    ESPN

For those looking for a source:

The Toronto Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position as part of a trade with the Boston Red Sox, sources have told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

Two of the final names being discussed were Jim Tracy and Jim Riggleman, the sources said.

Tracy resigned from the Colorado Rockies last month after the team set a franchise record for losses with a 64-98 record.

Riggleman last managed in the big leagues for the Washington Nationals in June 2011, when he abruptly quit after general manager Mike Rizzo declined to discuss a contract extension. He has since been managing for a Cincinnati Reds Double-A club in Pensacola, Fla.
    Not too familiar with Riggleman and not a fan of Tracy. It says that those are two OF the final names, not THE two final names.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Neither two were any of my personal top choices but I think of the two mentioned I'd rather Jim Tracy.
    As for Buerhle , hopefully they can find away to allow him to keep the dog in Ontario but if not I think I'd rather trade him along with some other trade chips for another big pitcher rather than a bat.
    Morrow and Romero seem really excited to have Buehrle around. Hope we can make it happen.

vCash
    I don't mind trading Buerhle off again if only we get a solid pitcher who can log innings for the Jays. Buerhle's big sell is his ability to eat 200 innings year in and year out and the Jays need that type of stability in the rotation in case a) injury happens to a pitcher b) any pitcher regresses, hence the need for another pitcher to eat innings.

Buerhle has pitched over 200 innings and given 30 starts or more in 12 straight years!!!!

vCash
    Good notice Dol-Fan....I didnt pick u on the " two OF " ..

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Trade him back to the White Sox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Good notice Dol-Fan....I didnt pick u on the " two OF " ..
    Here's hoping there's a big ticket candidate being kept quiet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Here's hoping there's a big ticket candidate being kept quiet.
    But it isn't like AA to keep anything quiet and surprise us.

vCash
    I really want to keep Buehrle, we haven't had a workhorse like him since Doc left.

vCash
    I'm wondering if this is overblown a little with Buerhle. He has a contract he has to offer...it sucks for him that he got traded, but those were the conditions of his contract. Unless he sits out and doesn't get paid, it's not as if he has much choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Converged View Post
    I'm wondering if this is overblown a little with Buerhle. He has a contract he has to offer...it sucks for him that he got traded, but those were the conditions of his contract. Unless he sits out and doesn't get paid, it's not as if he has much choice.
    He can demand a trade at the end of the season. So could Reyes.

vCash
    That said, it's not as if you wanna force the guy to play for you. If he would be unhappy in Toronto (which I'm sensing may be the case) then he's not exactly gonna be a guy you want in your clubhouse.

vCash
    I'm not sure how serious he is about his dogs and whether he is unhappy about coming here from a place he wanted to stay and live, but I wouldn't want someone who costs alot , pitching because he has no choice.
    Unless he really wants to be here, then you move him, go after Neise another LH who costs a 1/3 what Buerlhe costs, much younger and is locked in for 6 years 4 + 2 CO's. AA is still going to sign another pitcher. Keep Happ as the #6 guy and use him for long relief replacing Vill.

Buerhle knows he will retire a wealthy man in 3 yrears , regardless which team he is on.
    Last edited by wagnall; 11-17-2012 at 01:23 PM.

vCash
    I support flipping Buehrle to save me from reading all the mis-spellings of his name.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast