Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Thanx for your prompt reply. This is a reason that makes some sense. I need to check out the time line, because the when in a campaign season makes a big difference.

I do have a couple of reservations about your theory, mainly because foreign policy was strong for Obama pretty much the whole campaign. Because of that, it seems logical he could take a hit there. Plus a terror attack would seems to mainly favor the president. The whole wrap yourself in the flag thing. But let me check the dates and how the campaign was going.
    Feel free to double check me but my recollection is that this is post VP debate. Paul Ryan had gone on the attack saying how our foreign policy was focused on the "Apology" tour and promoted an air of weakness in the world. If you remember during the 2nd debate, Romney tried to get on Obama for calling the attack a response to the YouTube video and he said how the day after in the Rose Garden he had called it an "act of terror." Then the moderator even backed him up and made Romney look bad.

If he had proof that Al Qaeda was still attacking our country with reckless abandon that would have really painted Obama in a bad light. Especially in what was becoming a more and more toss-up election after Romney's momentum from Debate #1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    it's a worse situation sure... but a bigger scandal or more evidence of coruption... no way. If anything this is evidence that they poorly assessed the situation not they they are corrupt.

For a politician to steal an election is the worst you can do from the standpoint of political ethics.
    It all goes back to what was known, by whom, and when.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Feel free to double check me but my recollection is that this is post VP debate. Paul Ryan had gone on the attack saying how our foreign policy was focused on the "Apology" tour and promoted an air of weakness in the world. If you remember during the 2nd debate, Romney tried to get on Obama for calling the attack a response to the YouTube video and he said how the day after in the Rose Garden he had called it an "act of terror." Then the moderator even backed him up and made Romney look bad.

If he had proof that Al Qaeda was still attacking our country with reckless abandon that would have really painted Obama in a bad light. Especially in what was becoming a more and more toss-up election after Romney's momentum from Debate #1.
    The Presidential Debates were in October. This took place on Sept 11th. I checked and at that time, Obama was way ahead. Or at least in the polls. I'm not saying you are wrong, but when this happened, Obama had a very strong foreign policy standing in the polls. And Romney was looking like he was in worse trouble than he ended up. I just don't think the 'pre-election cover up' theory holds water, at least to me.

Dates: attack Sept 11, 1st debate Oct 3, VP debate Oct 11, 2nd debate Oct 16 and 3rd debate Oct 22.

FWIW, this timeline seems, to me, to strengthen the argument that the GOP is driving the narrative for political purposes. At the time of the attack, Romney was looking like had no chance. The polls were going in the wrong direction and he was looking particularly inept. It seems more likely the GOP needed an event to slow things down. Not saying your analysis is wrong, but it seems more likely it was the reverse of what you thought.

BTW, congrats to your guys on the game Sunday. Really nice job of defense. I really didn't think the Knicks could defend at that level.
    Last edited by IndyFan; 11-19-2012 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    First, it is worse than Watergate- people died. That automatically makes it worse.
    Is every instance where Americans have died also worse than Watergate? Were all the other embassy attacks worse? Every casualty of Iraq, Afghanistan, and every other action since then? We went through this once before.

I categorically reject this intense effort to catagorically label Benghazi as "much ado about nothing". Thats a load of ****. Funny how no one's talking about the relief of an aircraft carrier group commander, and four star general as part of this either.
    It is much ado over the deaths of Americans, and nobody is saying that's nothing. As Reid said in his letter, it should be investigated. That should be done calmly and carefully, not as part of a partisan witch hunt. That process is underway. I am not exactly sure what you want beyond that. Heads on a plate before the investigation is ended, or even begun for that matter?

A whole lot of people really cannot grasp the sudden and inexplicable fury from those going after this issue so hard. What exactly are you alleging happened that has you and Lindsay Graham and John McCain so worked up?

As for your comments about GW, many of the attacks I listed above did take place on his watch. I paid as much attention to them as anyone else did -- virtually none. I certainly didn't freak out and accuse him of creating the biggest scandal in the history of the nation.
    Think of the wildest, most irresponsible adult you know. Now think of them hammered in a bar. Now picture them hammered in a bar openly carrying a loaded gun among a bunch of other drunk people with loaded guns. If this sounds like a good idea to you, you could be governor of Georgia or South Carolina.

vCash
    Given that you've already drawn your conclusions about this "scandal", what was known by whom and when?
    Think of the wildest, most irresponsible adult you know. Now think of them hammered in a bar. Now picture them hammered in a bar openly carrying a loaded gun among a bunch of other drunk people with loaded guns. If this sounds like a good idea to you, you could be governor of Georgia or South Carolina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Given that you've already drawn your conclusions about this "scandal", what was known by whom and when?
    Asked and answered repeatedly in at least three threads now.

I know the President knew the attack was a result of a deliberate complex attack no later than 9/12/12, as he stated as much that day. I know he, the VP, SECSTATE, UN Ambassador, and WH spokesman also gave multiple press releases and statemetns affimatively stating otherwise for weeks after the fact. Again, I knew his story was bunk the moment I heard it, nad I knew there were mortars and RPGs used. impromptu mobs don't carry that **** around.

I don't know about anyone else in this forum, but if I say something I know to be false, that's a lie. It pretty much defines the term in the simplest sense. The fact that this is up for debate lies squarely in the president's political orientation in relation to those who participate in this forum.

As for how this came down, and exactly why assets that had mobilized were not given the green light still remains to be explained. Funny that, and how we knew all about the details UBL killing so quickly. The WH was stumbling all over itself to exploit that for all it was worth. Funny now how they can't account for the same level of information over two months level for this. Funny also how two flag officers were so quickly relieved of command, out of schedule, who were in the region, so soon after this incident.

Folks can excuse, deflect, ar respond by pointing at W all they want. Lying is not relative- it is, or it isn't. Either you do it or you don't. If W also lied about stuff, so be it. But that has no bearing on this issue here and now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Is every instance where Americans have died also worse than Watergate? Were all the other embassy attacks worse? Every casualty of Iraq, Afghanistan, and every other action since then? We went through this once before.
    Any instance resulting in the loss of life is worse than an instance not involvinf the loss of life. Yes. In terms of one deadly event being worse than another, I'm not really into comparing carnage.

It is much ado over the deaths of Americans, and nobody is saying that's nothing. As Reid said in his letter, it should be investigated. That should be done calmly and carefully, not as part of a partisan witch hunt. That process is underway. I am not exactly sure what you want beyond that. Heads on a plate before the investigation is ended, or even begun for that matter?
    Much ado about nothing has ben a term used in this forum, and on major news networks. Politicians also used the term, but I can't reference who off the top of my head.

I want the investigation- I've never called for more than that. Others may have, but I am not accountable for them.

A whole lot of people really cannot grasp the sudden and inexplicable fury from those going after this issue so hard. What exactly are you alleging happened that has you and Lindsay Graham and John McCain so worked up?
    What seems so inixplicable (an makes no sense) is why the false explanation? Why was the FBI forensics team delayed in its invesitgation untl weeks later?

As for your comments about GW, many of the attacks I listed above did take place on his watch. I paid as much attention to them as anyone else did -- virtually none. I certainly didn't freak out and accuse him of creating the biggest scandal in the history of the nation.
    I have been on record with regard to my hatred for Rummy and his handling of my brothers in Iraq and Afghanistan. I drove during the invasion from Kuwait to Blad in a HMWWV with no windshield, doors, sides, or a radio. All our **** was still on the ship. I didn't even have all of my personal equipment. In my second tour, less than a week in, in 2005, one of my soldiers, an E-5 was killed because a sniper shot him through the chest becasue we were issued desert uniforms and woodland pattern flak vests. Dark green on light tan?? Not too heard for a decent sniper to figure out. And all we got in return is "You go to war with the Army you have". That son of a ***** couldn't even be bpthered to actually sign the condolence letters his office sent out- they were printed.

My record on W's administration and my feelings on it in this forum is clear. I'm not giving him any passes. You may not understand my thoughts on W's administration- hell, its taken me time to come around since I volunteered to rejoin the military to deplopy the first time in the first place. If you put W in front of me right now, I'd piss on his loafers. That's al i can really say about that.

vCash
    Impeach Obama!!!!

LOL
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    You're starting to sound like Michelle Bachmann.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    You're starting to sound like Michelle Bachmann.
    care to clarify or does that inhibit your feeble attempt at beeing witty?

vCash
    care to clarify or does that inhibit your feeble attempt at beeing witty?
    She literally said something like that a few days ago.

...it is incomprehensible that we have yet to hear what the President knew, when he knew it, and the specific orders he gave his team...
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 11-19-2012 at 03:19 PM.

vCash
    So Michele asks the standard question for any investigation, anywhere, ever and all of a sudden we're wonder twins?

Fail.

vCash
    To be fair to Michelle, there are a lot of things she can't comprehend.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    To be fair to Michelle, there are a lot of things she can't comprehend.
    Especially when, in this specific case, she is correct. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

vCash
    This is kind of off-topic but I do like this level of hypocrisy that is all over the criticisms that I hear:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...41903553_n.jpg

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You vote to cut funding and then have a hissy fit when there is less funding for security or really anything that you voted to defund. But apparently Romney isn't the only person to have an "etch-a-sketch" moment.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast