Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is kind of off-topic but I do like this level of hypocrisy that is all over the criticisms that I hear:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...41903553_n.jpg

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You vote to cut funding and then have a hissy fit when there is less funding for security or really anything that you voted to defund. But apparently Romney isn't the only person to have an "etch-a-sketch" moment.
    That guy's a douche.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    That guy's a douche.
    Now I won't pretend like its just Republicans (because it isn't). The most notable is the Iraq war. If you go back and look at that vote, it wasn't a party line vote. But something needs to be done about this. I won't say that someone doesn't have the right to change their mind but to investigate someone because they weren't able to provide the funds that you cut off is asinine to the highest order.

Paul Ryan's hypocrisy in this area stunned me quite a bit as well. He voted for the budget deal that included sequestration and then had the balls to attack the Obama administration for supporting it. It is the political equivalent of breaking your mom's dishes and then blaming your brother for it.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Now I won't pretend like its just Republicans (because it isn't). The most notable is the Iraq war. If you go back and look at that vote, it wasn't a party line vote. But something needs to be done about this. I won't say that someone doesn't have the right to change their mind but to investigate someone because they weren't able to provide the funds that you cut off is asinine to the highest order.

Paul Ryan's hypocrisy in this area stunned me quite a bit as well. He voted for the budget deal that included sequestration and then had the balls to attack the Obama administration for supporting it. It is the political equivalent of breaking your mom's dishes and then blaming your brother for it.
    Two things

1. Pats is right, Issa is a douche.

2. Blame it on the dog not the brother, the brother might be in class.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Two things

1. Pats is right, Issa is a douche.

2. Blame it on the dog not the brother, the brother might be in class.
    Kind of off topic a little here, but I thought the GOP has done a pretty good job of keeping Issa on his leash during the first Obama term. I expected him to be one of those 'investigate everyone for everything' guys. Between Peter King and him, they've never miss a chance to to stand in front of a camera and accuse the Democrats of the evil badness de jour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Kind of off topic a little here, but I thought the GOP has done a pretty good job of keeping Issa on his leash during the first Obama term. I expected him to be one of those 'investigate everyone for everything' guys. Between Peter King and him, they've never miss a chance to to stand in front of a camera and accuse the Democrats of the evil badness de jour.
    He was one of those "investigate everything" kind of guys. He just hasn't found anything, which may be why the huge freak out over Benghazi. This guy certainly thinks so:

What Benghazi Is about: Scandal Envy

Paul Waldman

November 15, 2012

Republicans are livid that Obama hasn't had his major scandal yet.

If you're looking at the Republican harumphing over Benghazi and asking yourself, "Why are we supposed to be so mad about this again?" you're not alone. Let's review: There was an attack on our consulate that killed four Americans, including our ambassador. Amid confusing and contradictory reports from the ground, President Obama waited too long to utter the magic incantation, "Terrorism, terrorists, terror!" that would have ... well, it would have done something, but it turns out that he did say "terror," so never mind that. But that's not the real scandal! The real scandal is that Susan Rice went on television soon after and amid all kinds of "based on the best information we have"s and "we'll have to see"s, said one thing that turned out not to be the case: that after the protests in Cairo, there was some kind of copycat protest in Benghazi, which was then "hijacked" by extremist elements using heavy weapons to stage an attack.

A sane person might say, OK, she was obviously given some incorrect information at that time, but it's not a particularly meaningful deception. As people have been pointing out for weeks now, it's not as though not using the word "terror" or saying there was a protest before the attack gave the White House some enormous political advantage. If you're going to have a cover-up, there has to be something you're covering up.

But now, some Republicans, particularly John McCain and Lindsay Graham, are essentially saying that this horrifying cover-up was quite possibly the greatest crime in the history of the United States government, and if we're going to get to the bottom of it nothing short of a select committee—a "Watergate-style committee," as it is being referred to by reporters—will do. Who knows what it might uncover? Were there CIA whistleblowers whose bodies are now lying at the bottom of the Potomac? Was David Petraeus being blackmailed? Are William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright involved? Did Susan Rice fly to Tripoli, have a steamy liaison with a clone of Ayman al-Zawahiri created in a secret underground laboratory, then go to Benghazi where she personally killed Ambassador Chris Stevens with a hat pin? We won't know unless we spin this out into a multi-week story!

So what's going on here? I can sum it up in two words: scandal envy. Republicans are indescribably frustrated by the fact that Barack Obama, whom they regard as both illegitimate and corrupt, went through an entire term without a major scandal. They tried with "Fast and Furious," but that turned out to be small potatoes. They tried with Solyndra, but that didn't produce the criminality they hoped for either. Obama even managed to dole out three-quarters of a trillion dollars in stimulus money without any graft or double-dealing to be found. Nixon had Watergate, Reagan had Iran-Contra, Clinton had Lewinsky, and Barack Obama has gotten off scott-free. This is making them absolutely livid, and they're going to keep trying to gin up a scandal, even if there's no there there. Benghazi may not be an actual scandal, but it's all they have handy.
    …authoritarian followers drive through life under the influence of impaired thinking a lot more than most people do, exhibiting sloppy reasoning, highly compartmentalized beliefs, double standards, hypocrisy, self-blindness, a profound ethnocentrism, and—to top it all off—a ferocious dogmatism that makes it unlikely anyone could ever change their minds with evidence or logic. These seven deadly shortfalls of authoritarian thinking eminently qualify them to follow a would-be dictator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    He was one of those "investigate everything" kind of guys. He just hasn't found anything, which may be why the huge freak out over Benghazi. This guy certainly thinks so:
    you're preaching to the choir here.

my only question is why so many normally rational conservatives suddenly believe in this fairy tale. I get the wing nuts, but we have a lot of posters here that seem to be good guys that are full tilt on this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    you're preaching to the choir here.

my only question is why so many normally rational conservatives suddenly believe in this fairy tale. I get the wing nuts, but we have a lot of posters here that seem to be good guys that are full tilt on this.
    Could you be more clear on what you are meaning as the fairly tale? I mean absolutely nothing smart *** by this. I think my opionion on the issue, while very strong, doesn't inlcude a whole storyline. I have no idea what happened inside the administration. All I can see is a disparity between what they knew to be true, and what they said. That is, in essence, what I am upset about. I also think the investigation should continue relating to the lead up to this event, the event istelf, and follow up afterward, including the relief of those two flag officers.

vCash
    Could you be more clear on what you are meaning as the fairly tale? I mean absolutely nothing smart *** by this. I think my opionion on the issue, while very strong, doesn't inlcude a whole storyline. I have no idea what happened inside the administration. All I can see is a disparity between what they knew to be true, and what they said. That is, in essence, what I am upset about. I also think the investigation should continue relating to the lead up to this event, the event istelf, and follow up afterward, including the relief of those two flag officers.
    pats, sorry for not making myself clear. The event, the attack and the decisions leading up to it needs to be investigated. No disagreement there.

The fairy tale is the political sideshow that is being created by the GOP about the Obama's reaction to the attack. The spinning of the demonstration comments into some Watergate coverup. The attacks on Susan Rice as a coverup. The whole Petraus [sp?] resignation as anything other than a guy that can't keep it in his pants. It seems clear the US knew right away the demonstration was a cover story. They say to was an attempt to mislead the terrorists. Personally I thought a CIA analyst messed up. But the GOP is taking that effort to mislead the terrorists and making up [this is the fairy tale] a story of government misdeeds. This is political theater. Shamefully using the deaths of 4 guys to smear the Obama administration and 'get' Susan Rice. It should be clear to all that she was only reading the notes she was given. What McCain and Issa et al are doing is the lowest kind of politics.

I expect it from guys like Issa. That's who he is. But guys like McCain are good guys that are engaging in petty politics because he's still butt hurt about his election loss.

vCash
    Have you seen Argo? I remember when that happened, we, the American public thought it was Canadians that got our people out of Iran. That was the official story.

I think no one is minimizing the loss of life when they minimize the "scandal" because the thrust of what is being discussed (on the Sunday shows) has been not about the deaths, but about what was said to the public. What has become apparent to me is the Dr Rice said the official non classified talking points, and to have said the classified facts would have been the real wrong thing to do.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234