Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Dwight Howard had no problem joining Rockets, but glad to be a Laker

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...d-of-a-rocket/

Lakers center Dwight Howard knew of the Rockets’ obsession about acquiring him and said he would not have minded joining the Rockets. They were not, however, his preference and long term he intended to play for one of his preferred teams.

“I didn’t have a problem with it,” Howard said. “At the same time, there were two places that I would have rather (go) to and I’m here at one of them. I’m happy. If I would have gone to Houston then I would have went and played as hard as I could for the Rockets. I’m glad it so happened I came to the best organization in the history of the NBA.”

After facing the Rockets on Sunday, Howard will play the team that was his other preferred destination with the Brooklyn Nets in Los Angeles on Tuesday. Howard said the Nets would have been an intriguing option, saying Brooklyn would have been a place he could “start fresh.”

“I expressed that,” he said. “I made it clear, if they were they were an option. But everything happens for a reason. There is a reason why I didn’t go to Brooklyn. There is a reason why I’m here in LA.

“I always tell people I didn’t want to follow in somebody’s footsteps and try to be like somebody else. Once I got here, I feel there is no need to worry about people saying I’m following somebody else. I can blaze my own trail here and that’s what I plan on doing.”
    Imagine him going to Houston and them still getting Harden? That would have made the West even more interesting.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Who. The. ****. Cares. Anymore?

vCash

Dwight Howard had no problem joining Rockets, but glad to be a Laker

Kinda wish Dwight would refrain from speaking on what he could've done and focus on the here and now.....but he was clearly asked a question so I guess I can't fault him for answering honestly though a no "comment" could suffice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Yup. Pretty much my feelings.

vCash
    Like I said, don't give a **** about what Dwight says anymore. I don't respect him at this point. The man can't help but answer a question directly asked to him, but I still don't give a ****.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    What's Dwight's fascination with the Nets? I've never heard a free agent say that was his top destination before....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    What's Dwight's fascination with the Nets? I've never heard a free agent say that was his top destination before....
    New city of Brooklyn, could have started his own legacy there and be paired with D Will, and have a billionaire Russian owner that could have marketed him worldwide and make him a global icon.

But then he realized that he could be a global icon in LA while winning championships (which is a big plus).

vCash
    O shut up already howard

vCash
    Funny how he says that now that's its all over with but when it was all going down it was all over that Dwight's people were warning rockets constantly to back off cause it would end badly for them cause there was no chance Dwight would have stayed ...

Also if they got Dwight they wouldn't have had the pieces to get harden .... unless thunder took a lesser deal for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    OMFG This!!!

vCash
    Yeah, I was a little surprised when he kept insisting on the Nets over LA. Of course, now he says LA. I would think a free agent would prefer warm weather and the glam life. LA or Miami.

vCash
    JB you "retired" as a mod, I think it's time for you to sail into the sunset as a thread maker too...

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    JB you "retired" as a mod, I think it's time for you to sail into the sunset as a thread maker too...
    He wont stop until he hits 100,000 posts. Which when that happens, JB will make a thread about THAT. Which when that happens, we will all point on our computer screens and laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk View Post
    Funny how he says that now that's its all over with but when it was all going down it was all over that Dwight's people were warning rockets constantly to back off cause it would end badly for them cause there was no chance Dwight would have stayed ...

Also if they got Dwight they wouldn't have had the pieces to get harden .... unless thunder took a lesser deal for him
    Do you really believe what the media news outlet say anymore?

Haven't we learned over the course of this past summer and even now (with D'Antoni hiring over Phil) that 95% of the time what the media says is total utter crap?

vCash
    I actually do believe the media is most every regard to the Dwight Howard debacle last season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast