Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I will say this: I don't like the rebuild, but our FO is doing a really good job of it. If they had sold high on Garza, I'd go as far as to say great.

vCash
    Theo must not have been familiar with the luck that comes with the cubs or he would have moved garza sooner

Theo to himself after garza's injury "maybe this team is cursed..."
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    I will say this: I don't like the rebuild, but our FO is doing a really good job of it. If they had sold high on Garza, I'd go as far as to say great.
    this thread is over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    this thread is over
    Organizational Philosophy, not execution

vCash
    Well, no it's not. Because doing a really good job executing a bad plan is still executing a bad plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    The mets? Perhaps look at what the discussion is about before making a post like that
    Ah, got me. Sorry about that.

vCash
    Texas, in particular, may not have had high draft picks, but continuously spent lots and lots of money thru IFA, which obviously has been curbed bigtime. It was easier to build a nice system before the new CBA, because of the supplemental picks and unlimited spending on IFA. Things have changed in both those regards, whether everyone here is willing to admit it or not.

vCash
    How much is lots and lots in Texas' case?

vCash
    Moving from the 6th to the 2nd pick almost double the budget for this year. (Admittedly I didn't check if estimated slots have also increased this year)

vCash
    I dunno. I just know that Mets fans generally seem to refer themselves as rebuilding with their new front office as the starting point. They just now seem to be realizing that they suck at it.
    Well yeah I agree with you on that one...they took a pretty good team and destroyed it without getting anything of value back and that is the exact opposite of what the Cubs are doing. Although I KNOW you are not a dumb kid but let me say this like I explain SAS logic to my employees.

Theo has to find cheap players to try and flip or keep long term if the right age and talent. The reason is he was left with a franchise full of avg players and no pitching. The Mets had all of the talent in the world and could not get anything for them. FOLLOW me NOW.

Theo has managed to pick up 13 players via trade that 10 of them are in our top 30...theres more we could have drafted some more impact bats BUT we had 19 so called starting pitchers in the minors and only 3 are capable of being starters. So he drafted 13 pitchers and 4 very good ones. Not to mention landing Soler ( on par with killing Bin Laden) in year one Theo has done more for the Cubs Franchise than one could have imagined. Do I think we should start adding impact free agents...HELL YEAH. However they have to do it in a way that is balanced. Stock up the farm so you have endless trade possibilities and continue to do what you do best draft the very best talent you can find.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    Texas, in particular, may not have had high draft picks, but continuously spent lots and lots of money thru IFA, which obviously has been curbed bigtime. It was easier to build a nice system before the new CBA, because of the supplemental picks and unlimited spending on IFA. Things have changed in both those regards, whether everyone here is willing to admit it or not.
    This argument always confuses me.

We can all agree on the following, right:

1) The Cubs have a big financial advantage over their division, which is mostly composed of small-market teams.
    2) The new CBA has made it harder to use that advantage on amateur talent.
    3) The new CBA has left the MLB roster as the only place you can effectively apply a financial advantage.

So why do people look at the new CBA and decide that it encourages the Cubs to abandon the only place they can actually use their financial advantage?

vCash

1) The Cubs have a big financial advantage over their division, which is mostly composed of small-market teams.
    3) The new CBA has left the MLB roster as the only place you can effectively apply a financial advantage.

So why do people look at the new CBA and decide that it encourages the Cubs to abandon the only place they can actually use their financial advantage?
    Can we also agree that: The worse you are, the more amateur money you can spend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Can we also agree that: The worse you are, the more amateur money you can spend?
    Sure. But how is that an advantage to the Cubs when every team can exploit it? The Cubs should be plying the advantages that only they have, especially within their division.

vCash
    Sure. But how is that an advantage to the Cubs when every team can exploit it? The Cubs should be plying the advantages that only they have, especially within their division.
    Every team can exploit it, but the Cubs will be picking second. Why do you only exploit advantages you have? An advantage is an advantage

vCash

It's like selling anything for a profit...you start small (chronic) make a few moves here and there and then you move up the ranks until you are on top of the world like Scarface. If we would have hired Theo in 2004 We would be on Ring number 4 as the grocery shopping was already done all that was left to do was put them away.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast