Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, what davell said. Nobody receives picks from another team anymore, at least not technically. Say we were drafting 23rd this year and signed Bourn. The Braves don't get our 23rd pick. Instead that 23rd pick just goes away and the Braves receive a sandwich pick between the 1st and 2nd round.

Yeah, I essentially just repeated what he said with slightly different wording. Not sure why I did that. Move on.

vCash
    So wouldnt it make some sense to try and acquire Ellsbury now via trade and pass on Bourn, keeping the 2nd round pick and work with Boras to lock him up before the deadline? Just a thought..then make a qualifying offer at the end of the year(if not traded) to get the supplemental?

vCash
    Boras isn't a guy that lets his playets get this close without testing FA. Not sure I understood the rest of your wording though. At any rate, the Red Sox evidently set a pretty high price on him, hence why he wasn't dealt.

vCash
    Huff is singing a song that make my penis hard. Don't care if Ellsbury never puts up a 2011 again, I buy the gains he's made in his game and think he's a star level talent that will remain a star level talent.

I wonder what it would take to get him given his injury history and only one year of control...

vCash
    Boras just wants his guys paid, don't think he cares what avenue it comes from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    Boras isn't a guy that lets his playets get this close without testing FA. Not sure I understood the rest of your wording though. At any rate, the Red Sox evidently set a pretty high price on him, hence why he wasn't dealt.
    I was saying if we acquired him and held onto him through the whole year we could make the qualifying offer to get the supplemental. Barring locking him up,( boras has a great relationship with Theo) or trading him at the deadline due to being out of it. Basically acquiring him short term is a much better deal than bourn( and i like him). Im sure the price for Ells is steep, but if garza is healthy maybe it can happen considering they are both FA after 2013

vCash
    Garza for Ellsbury? It fits us, but personally, I'd rather add the prospects from a Garza trade and sign Bourn, while losing the 2nd rounder this year. It seems his market is rather soft and we may get good value there. Instead of paying more for Ellsbury and likely losing our 1st next year in the process. He's got more upside obviously, but I think Bourn is actually the safer of the two.

vCash
    over/under ells at 5/100 (free agent market not extension)
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Garza for Ellsbury? It fits us, but personally, I'd rather add the prospects from a Garza trade and sign Bourn, while losing the 2nd rounder this year. It seems his market is rather soft and we may get good value there. Instead of paying more for Ellsbury and likely losing our 1st next year in the process. He's got more upside obviously, but I think Bourn is actually the safer of the two.
    I'd def wait on ellsbury until after this season. His injury concerns worry me, so I agree bourn is a safer acquisition. I'd want to make sure he was entirely healthy and produces before expending real resources on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    over/under ells at 5/100 (free agent market not extension)
    Over on both assuming a healthy 2013. I'd guess 6/120 maybe.

Bourn is the safer of the two, agreed there. I like Ellsbury's overall skillset better THO.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-21-2012 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Huff is singing a song that make my penis hard. Don't care if Ellsbury never puts up a 2011 again, I buy the gains he's made in his game and think he's a star level talent that will remain a star level talent.

I wonder what it would take to get him given his injury history and only one year of control...
    I so much rather have Ellsbury than Bourn, he screams right guy, right time.

vCash
    I'm dreaming of a 2014 lineup of Bourn, Castro, Cano, Stanton, Rizzo, Olt, Castillo, and whatever in LF, with a rotation of Price, Shark, E-Jax, Vizcaino, and Villanueva, with Appel hitting town midseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBluejays View Post
    I guess the question is would the return on trading Ells be as good as Garza's at the deadline?..Id rather just get Ells and lock him up...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBluejays View Post
    Same. Right age, broad skillset, high end tools including elite speed and strong defense, playoff and WS experience, individually accomplished...Not quite Carlos Beltran hitting FA at 26, but as close as you might get as far as tools and upside are concerned.

vCash
    I'm dreaming of a 2014 lineup of Bourn, Castro, Cano, Stanton, Rizzo, Olt, Castillo, and whatever in LF, with a rotation of Price, Shark, E-Jax, Vizcaino, and Villanueva, with Appel hitting town midseason.
    how are they getting stanton and price while still keeping someone like Appel?

Page 65 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast