Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I hate Pierzynski, but I really haven't heard much about him, could be interesting player (I imagine he gets more than they want to pay him though)
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    From the beginning of this offseason, I'm not that unhappy.

I would have liked very much to have been in on one of the more expensive CFers such as Upton, but for the most part I like what they've done.

I think they should absolutely be in on Grienke. There just isn't going to be much pitching out there for the next several years.

I think Affeldt would have been a very nice addition, but I'm waiting to see if they really do have interest in one more bullpen arm before I get too annoyed.

Most of my favorite mid-tier pitchers are still out there: Marcum, Dempster, Jackson.

Oh, and for the love of all that is holy, please accept that Ian Stewart can't hit or stay healthy and let it go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    From the beginning of this offseason, I'm not that unhappy.

I would have liked very much to have been in on one of the more expensive CFers such as Upton, but for the most part I like what they've done.
    Well we still have Jackson and Almora, and I am not 100% sold on Upton as he seemed to peak a couple years ago and has not matched that since. I would have loved to have him but when you look at the fact that there is the potential to get basically the same production and defense out of Jackson or Almora at some point, I can understand why they didn't do it.

I think they should absolutely be in on Grienke. There just isn't going to be much pitching out there for the next several years.
    Maybe not on the market but in trades there could be, from I've read he's looking for more than Sabathia got and I am not sure it's the wisest of investments. I wouldn't be upset if we got him, but it's stupid to overpay for him.

I think Affeldt would have been a very nice addition, but I'm waiting to see if they really do have interest in one more bullpen arm before I get too annoyed.
    Giving relievers more than two year deals normally comes back to bite you and there are still plenty of quality options available like you said.

Most of my favorite mid-tier pitchers are still out there: Marcum, Dempster, Jackson.
    We'll likely come away with one of them or possibly Liriano.

Oh, and for the love of all that is holy, please accept that Ian Stewart can't hit or stay healthy and let it go.
    I am not a big Stewart supporter, but I can understand why they resigned him when given the options, outside of Chavez whom I thought that a one year deal would have been a perfect buy low sell high guy, but they have their reasons. What didn't you like about last year.

Major props to rdwilliamson

vCash
    They would still have Jackson and Almora had they signed Upton. They will still have them if they sign Hamilton/Bourn.

I too would like Greinke and one of those mid tier arms (throw in Liriano as well for me). I'm liking Jackson again lately.

vCash
    Jackson is a likely bust at this point, and Almora is so far away as to have absolutely nothing to do with the organization's MLB plans.

vCash
    Jackson isn't a bust he fixed his swing like Rizzo. Now .800 OPS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    They would still have Jackson and Almora had they signed Upton. They will still have them if they sign Hamilton/Bourn.

I too would like Greinke and one of those mid tier arms (throw in Liriano as well for me). I'm liking Jackson again lately.
    I know but you'd have to either find other spots for them or trade them all the while still having to pay Upton, again not saying I wouldn't want him, just that contract I am not sure he is worthy of.

vCash
    I'm not making way for Brett Jackson, and Almora is years off. You move Upton to a corner if it ever even becomes an issue. He's got the arm to play right come that time anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Jackson is a likely bust at this point, and Almora is so far away as to have absolutely nothing to do with the organization's MLB plans.
    I am not sure he's a bust, he still plays great defense and gets on base at a great clip, it's just his k's that need to be cut down, i'm actually curious to see how he does with this new swing. I'd actually consider Vitters a bust in all honesty. As far as Almora, we don't know how far away he is, it could be two years or next year if he makes big enough strides, either way he is in the team's long term plans.

vCash
    I'm not making way for Brett Jackson, and Almora is years off. You move Upton to a corner if it ever even becomes an issue. He's got the arm to play right come that time anyway.
    Yeah but then he loses a good portion of his value.

vCash
    Vitters > Jackson

Neither is all that appealing as a long term option.

Yeah but then he loses a good portion of his value.
    Not as much as you imply. Value is just kind of a word people like to say at this point without much context.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-08-2012 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    Vitters > Jackson

Neither is all that appealing.
    To me Jackson is, I just feel that he can turn the corner, I could be wrong but from what I've seen I would rather have him over Vitters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM:24638601
    I think its a little premature to say anything about Jackson's future. We didn't see much of or from him in his call up but I'd still at least allow him the chance to adjust before writing him off. You keep talking about trying to be competitive and letting Jackson figure it out a bit can go a long way with how cheap he'll be if he can become a .250/.350/.450 guy with average defense in center. Probably the most valuable cf in the division.

vCash
    I said "likely" for a reason. That's not writing him off. But we can't make plans around him, either.

vCash
    And the idea that Almora could hit the big club next year is just silly.

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast