Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    I'm not even sure I understand this response. I'll say this: I think its assinine to whine about a plan thats a year into being currently, that pretty much every analyst out there thinks was the right way to take this organization. You're smarter than everyone else?
    You haven't realized that yet? He's so smart and good at arguing that we all cower to his intellect around here.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    "pretty much every analyst" is just confirmation bias. How many serious analysis attempts have there even been on the subject?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    You haven't realized that yet? He's so smart and good at arguing that we all cower to his intellect around here.
    Nah, in all honesty, I'm trolling him back for trolling me. I DO respect Kyle's opinion. Don't agree with it, but its easy to go back and forth with someone you know you're not changing their opinion, under any circumstance. I just wanted a real response, not what I got. It's within anyone's right to question what we're doing obviously. Kyle does it better than anyone. I'm shocked though, impressed even, he's carried it out this long on two sites.

vCash
    What sort of response do you want?

If you don't like the MacPhail comparisons, and there are always enough distinctions to not like if you choose not to, then what you said is factually accurate: This is the first time in your lifetime the Cubs have had a front office with a specific plan beyond just "be good at baseball" and the discipline to carry it out.

vCash
    I'm shocked though, impressed even, he's carried it out this long on two sites.
    Three, borderline four right now. And always looking for more. And toying with the idea of starting my own blog.

vCash
    Yeah I see you in the bleachernation comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Three, borderline four right now. And always looking for more. And toying with the idea of starting my own blog.
    The blog's a good idea. Obviously we know one is there and two is here, BN is three, where else have you invaded?

vCash
    I popped up on BleedCubbieBlue. I had one discussion at CubsDen's comments sections but Arguello asked me to leave before it even got going.

Wherever there is people talking about the Cubs, I'm there. I cut my teeth waaaay back in the day on the ESPNSportsZone, alt.sport.rec.baseball.chicago-cubs and the Prospero boards.

vCash
    Nah, in all honesty, I'm trolling him back for trolling me. I DO respect Kyle's opinion. Don't agree with it, but its easy to go back and forth with someone you know you're not changing their opinion, under any circumstance. I just wanted a real response, not what I got. It's within anyone's right to question what we're doing obviously. Kyle does it better than anyone. I'm shocked though, impressed even, he's carried it out this long on two sites.
    He actually said that he thinks he's just smarter and better at arguing, and that is why people have stopped arguing with him.

vCash
    If these arguments are going to lead to the unnecessary, antagonistic "What, do you think you're smarter than everyone?" then of course I'm going to respond with an antagonistic "yes."

vCash
    If these arguments are going to lead to the unnecessary, antagonistic "What, do you think you're smarter than everyone?" then of course I'm going to respond with an antagonistic "yes."
    I was pushing buttons. The debate is fun. Surprised Arguello stopped you.

vCash
    I was too! I was playing nice. I hadn't even done anything yet.

vCash
    If you need a writer I would learn to write. I've toyed with the idea for general baseball, Cubs, and NFL draft but nothing so far.

If the Cubs can add a pitcher and(/or?) a 3B for the long term then I might be able to tolerate this nonsense. Maybe.

He actually said that he thinks he's just smarter and better at arguing, and that is why people have stopped arguing with him.
    Oscar. The. Muhfckin. Grouch.

vCash
    These type of conversations always remind me of Mitch's rant at Monty.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF7ouCjSPB4

vCash
    Well it might still be early, but I am ready to throw in the towel and admit those who feel Theo and Jed plan on being bad again this year to get more high picks again next year, are right. I do not have much hope for this team in 2013. About the best thing I can see from this team this year is they find a few more core pieces. Maybe Jackson comes up and sticks. Visciano proves to be a solid arm, whether it is bullpen or the rotation. Maybe Castillo proves to be a solid everyday catcher and Feldman ends up being solid. IMO this is the best thing that can happen in 2013. I do not necessarily agree with the plan, but I do believe that is what the Cubs FO thinks is the best way to go. If, however, they do add to the core and count on Jackson, Visciano, Castillo and Feldman, I do see 2014 as the year they get serious about fielding a solid team. Youth will be one year closer to the majors, they will have added a lot more quality to the minor league system and they will at least 8 core players to build with (Castro, Visciano, Jackson, Shark, Feldman, Rizzo, Barney, Castillo). Maybe even more if Wood and/or the Cubs add a guy like Marcum/E. Jackson or McCarthy this year and one or both pitchers prove to be a solid middle of the rotation guy. Next off season they would be looking at 2 outfield spots and third base. Maybe another pitcher. But they would definitely have money and they would have a stocked farm team to deal if someone like Stanton became available next year.

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast