Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So just think of how much better they could have been if they'd had our resources?

vCash
    the goal is to get to the place where you can spend and have a strong pipeline.
    i feel like last year was all about getting rid of unwanted contracts, building farm, and evaluating talent.
    this offseason has hardly started, so far ive seen them actively persue, outside of upton, the people i would want them to persue to make 2013 competitive. sure nothing big has happend yet but all indications are that 2013 will not be a 100 loss season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    So just think of how much better they could have been if they'd had our resources?
    Or worse? You can't just make that leap. Look at the mets. Texas didn't get their payroll over 100 million until this year. When they saw they had a great chance at contending. They also had a much better scouting and developing system in place which supplied them with young talent. Which the cubs did not.
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Maybe since we have not had success doing things the way Kyle and 72 are advocating that a new direction was needed.
    This is the argument to me that makes the least sense of all the arguments. "We tried your way."

Did everyone but me just become a Cubs fan in 2005?

"Young, hotshot executive comes to the Cubs to be the team president after GMing his old team to two WS titles. He promises to build from within the organization and makes significant investments early in the farm system and scouting infrastructure."

Yeah, we've seen this show before, folks.

vCash
    Having cheap, talented players allows you to go out and get a Beltre and Darvish when your team is good
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Or worse? You can't just make that leap. Look at the mets. Texas didn't get their payroll over 100 million until this year. When they saw they had a great chance at contending. They also had a much better scouting and developing system in place which supplied them with young talent. Which the cubs did not.
    The Mets are a great cautionary tale the other way. They are on year three of their "unwind and rebuild" plan and don't look any closer.

vCash
    Having cheap, talented players allows you to go out and get a Beltre and Darvish when your team is good
    Trying to put a competitive team on the field now doesn't stop us from developing cheap, talented players.

vCash
    The Mets are a great cautionary tale the other way. They are on year three of their "unwind and rebuild" plan and don't look any closer.
    They are on year three of a rebuild?
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    Trying to put a competitive team on the field now doesn't stop us from developing cheap, talented players.
    paying for a competitive team may stop you from getting darvish and beltre. Despite this idea that rickett's will raise the payroll upwards of 200 million I don't see it.
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    paying for a competitive team may stop you from getting darvish and beltre. Despite this idea that rickett's will raise the payroll upwards of 200 million I don't see it.
    You don't need a $200 million payroll to put a competitive team on the field now and still have room later to add a Beltre or Darvish. There is a middle ground.

vCash
    if the cubs made the WS it would not be the lowest rated WS in history. we have money.

vCash
    They are on year three of a rebuild?
    My knowledge of other teams isn't always perfect, but wasn't in 2010 that they hired a whole new front office that came in and promised to spend on the draft and focus on player development?

vCash
    This is the argument to me that makes the least sense of all the arguments. "We tried your way."

Did everyone but me just become a Cubs fan in 2005?

"Young, hotshot executive comes to the Cubs to be the team president after GMing his old team to two WS titles. He promises to build from within the organization and makes significant investments early in the farm system and scouting infrastructure."

Yeah, we've seen this show before, folks.
    If you quote me at least quote the stuff that falls in line with everything that I mentioned. I give you credit in my rant and you pick out the negative. (Sarcasim Again) However:

I am tired of paying high prices for ****** talent or used to be okay talent. That is the way I take what you are proposing to rebuild this franchise.

We have seen the show before and it gets old. We had a terrific window to have built a powerhouse from 99- 2005 but between the previous owners being cheap and the old GM waisting good talent , giving out ****** contracts and holding on to crap...we are in one sad state as a franchise. You can not fix a sewer line with duct tape. You have to fix it from the top to the bottom.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zambonicub View Post
    if the cubs made the ws it would not be the lowest rated ws in history. We have money.
    it would be the highest rated sports event ever!!!!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    My knowledge of other teams isn't always perfect, but wasn't in 2010 that they hired a whole new front office that came in and promised to spend on the draft and focus on player development?
    They didn't trade reyes, they didn't trade wright, they didn't trade dickey. If they are rebuilding, they are doing a ****** job. I think that new front office came in because Wilpon is poor
    #Turtlepower

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast