Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    I can see the finals now. Raptors-Jazz, triple overtime, game seven.
    It would be one for the ages, thanks for the continued support Metamucil!!!

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Once again Metamucil comes in to enlighten us. I would be trolling every other teams forums as well if I rooted for that shizz hole team they call golden state. Any team that tanks in the manner they did is a disgrace to the entire entity of basketball. But I do congratulate you on continuing to be a fan for the past what 50-60 years. I know you are still living off the high of the 70's where golden state actual was something and not just a whipping boy for teams to get a hard practice against.

Keep bringing your insight and profound information we as jazz fans sure do enjoy it. Oh and don't forget to take a nap around noon I noticed you get a bit crabby when you haven't got your cat nap in before dinner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    name a team that really does run an offense though? I mean I watch the heat alot since they are also one of my favorite teams, and their offense is backscreens and wade/lebron pounding the rock at the top of the circle going off of screens. What we run is not that different from a team like the spurs the difference we just don't have the personnel the spurs do namely parker and ginobili
    San Antone definitely runs set plays with dozens of variations on each play. Their offense is so close to the "machine" that Utah ran under sloan before DWill started to improvise. It is easy to see that this team has very little offensive teamwork. Just take a look at the entry pass. Sloan was so key on spacing and that entry pass had to take place from the elbow extended every single time like clock work. Take a look at the cross screens. Watch how often there is absolutely no contact on the cross screens and think back to Horny or Stock setting hard picks that they refused to release and consider how far out Al has to go these days to get the ball. Take a look at the hard cuts (or lack thereof). Remember how the ball used to go into Karl and then you would see two hard cuts one from each side?

In the next Jazz game watch the ball go into Al, see the entry passer drag his man to the paint and then beyond, and then watch nothing move. Would Poppovich accept that at SA?

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    San Antone definitely runs set plays with dozens of variations on each play. Their offense is so close to the "machine" that Utah ran under sloan before DWill started to improvise. It is easy to see that this team has very little offensive teamwork. Just take a look at the entry pass. Sloan was so key on spacing and that entry pass had to take place from the elbow extended every single time like clock work. Take a look at the cross screens. Watch how often there is absolutely no contact on the cross screens and think back to Horny or Stock setting hard picks that they refused to release and consider how far out Al has to go these days to get the ball. Take a look at the hard cuts (or lack thereof). Remember how the ball used to go into Karl and then you would see two hard cuts one from each side?

In the next Jazz game watch the ball go into Al, see the entry passer drag his man to the paint and then beyond, and then watch nothing move. Would Poppovich accept that at SA?
    I agree here. The offense does not look great. Problem with going to the post with Al is that everyone else just spaces and no one cuts but thats cuz they know al wont find them.

What al can do is kick out to a three point shooter and cause the defensive rotation off the double team to close and if we swing the ball. Then hayward dives from the weak side and we have the whole offense in motion. then you can improvise off that movement.

I personally also want to run the pick and roll with multiple combinations of guys. I would like to see us run the pick and roll with favors but run it closer to the basket so that when favors rolls he is right in the paint where he can score.

We are really in a quandry here with paul and Al. tough choices need to be made
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    Hey guys, it's been a while. I've been totally engrossed in watching my Tide play football, but I've been keeping tabs on my Jazz as well. This opening schedule has been brutal with 9 of 15 on the road so far. 7-7 isn't ideal, but it isn't the end of the road.

What it has shown me is that we're not a great team. We could be good, but we're not going to contend with this roster. There's just too much of a log jam. And the chances of us keeping Al AND Millsap are between slim and none. We're not going to pay both of them what they want.

Changes will come sooner rather than later if we stay on this path of an average team. It makes no sense to lose Al or Millsap for nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    Hey guys, it's been a while. I've been totally engrossed in watching my Tide play football, but I've been keeping tabs on my Jazz as well. This opening schedule has been brutal with 9 of 15 on the road so far. 7-7 isn't ideal, but it isn't the end of the road.

What it has shown me is that we're not a great team. We could be good, but we're not going to contend with this roster. There's just too much of a log jam. And the chances of us keeping Al AND Millsap are between slim and none. We're not going to pay both of them what they want.

Changes will come sooner rather than later if we stay on this path of an average team. It makes no sense to lose Al or Millsap for nothing.
    Lo porto! your back

curious if you see any trades out there that I dont see. biggest problem is finding a trade partner.
    Hi There

vCash
    What do you guys think causes the disparity between home games and road games?

It's our most apparent weakness, and it has been for several years now. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks causes that and how it can be fixed.

vCash
    I think part of it is that we have such a huge advantage being used to the thin air. Also, most teams are just better at home because you are more comfortable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylz View Post
    What do you guys think causes the disparity between home games and road games?

It's our most apparent weakness, and it has been for several years now. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks causes that and how it can be fixed.
    best fans in the world
    Hi There

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by draino View Post
    Lo porto! your back

curious if you see any trades out there that I dont see. biggest problem is finding a trade partner.
    Hey buddy.

I think that Houston is our best trade partner but closer to the deadline. They have the cap space and desire to take on somebody like Jefferson. They have some assets that we'd love to have rather than lose Jefferson possibly for nothing this next offseason.

vCash
    I hadn't thought of Houston as a trade partner - what player(s) are you thinking about for big Al?

I'm in LA and the "Trade Gasol" chants are loud here. I wouldn't like a Milsap for Gasol swap - we have plenty of bigs (as we all know), and trading a big for another big doesn't seem that logical to me - although Gasol would bring a different set of skills. But what about getting a third team involved? Milsap to Lakers (along with fillers), Gasol to third team, and young PG, or SF, or high draft pick to Utah?

vCash
    Houston, LA, Utah 3 team trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bwvr6qo

Houston gets Gasol
    Lakers get Millsap, Cook, Aldrich, and Tinsley
    Jazz get Douglas, White, Jones, Montiejunas and draft considerations from the Rockets and Lakers

vCash
    This couldn't be done until December 15th because of Eric Gordon's extension but...
    Jazz get: Eric Gordon, Jason Smith
    Hornets get: Gasol
    Lakers get: Millsap, Bell, Watson, Xavier Henry

Jazz salaries next year would be:
    Gordon, Smith, Burks, Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Marvin, Evans and Murphy
    $42,900,632
    Pay Carroll $3mil, MoWill $8mil, Tins $1.5mil and Jefferson $14mil
    $69,400,632 + our two first round draft picks

Mo, Tins
    Gordon, Burks, Murphy
    Marvin, Hayward, Carroll
    Favors, Smith, Evans
    Al, Kanter
    13 man roster + 2 first rounders

Actually, after doing the numbers I think this would be way too big a risk. We probably couldn't afford to bring big Al back on a long term deal if we brought in Gordon. We could maybe afford it if we traded Al instead of Paul but is Favors, Kanter and Paul a good enough front court? If Gordon was healthy this could be a good deal but he's only played 9 games in two years.
    Last edited by jazzman86; 12-03-2012 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    10-6

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    ^December 26th can't come soon enough.. Warriors vs Jazz in Utah for our first meeting of the season.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast