Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The jazz were not ranked 13th on offense and defense last year. They were ranked 6th on offense last year and 19th on defense.

This year they are ranked 13th on defense and 13th on offense up to this point. Our offense hasn't looked as good, but is off since we score more at home then on the road. But to prevent 3 less points per 100 possession on defense is a huge improvement in such a small amount of time.

vCash
    The I only way we trade anything to the kings is for cousins and he would have to be a complete different person personality wise. So on around a bout way I'm saying I wouldn't want one player from the kings.

Also I don't think the jazz would trade favors for anyone less than a top 5 talent in the entire NBA. Kanter probably could be had but at a steep price. Burks would be the only one I see them move if anyone and it too would have to be something too good to pass up.

Basically I don't see the jazz trading squat. I think they will wait and see what the NBA is doing around trade deadline time. Also we have gs pick and even though they will be tanking I don't see them tanking enough to get their pick back. I foresee us having a pick in the 7-10 range in next years draft

vCash
    most of that defense is cuz of our beastly blocking.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Hell no to Ellis- He's a loser that just jacks up so many shots that his team...loses all them. Warrior style mentality.... We play team ball, that last thing we need is some ball hog who shoots with 3 defenders around him.... no way on Ellis.
    Resign Al and Millsap, are their really any better players that would play in utah?

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Ellis is the last player I want. If we wanted a player jacking up 20+ shots and game and only shooting 40% we would be playing Burks more. I'd like to see what Millsap or Hayward could do with as many shots as Ellis takes.

vCash
    o please, burks gets to the line, that's where he makes his money. slashing and drawing fouls. of all the players to accuse of being a ball-hog...

shameful.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxcn5rv as a stipulation we would also get there pick ( from Toronto ) projected at 6th Kevin Martin on a one year rental. A darn good prospect in Lamb and a proven commodity in Maynor. OKC get a perfect compliment in the low post to what they have already. and they get Burks and murphy as potential.

Bigger than this we finally establish a clear path to the future of this franchise going forward starting Derrick Favors, with another early lottery pick as an asset to build with.

Favors/Kanter
    Millsap/Evans
    Hayward/Williams/Carrol
    Martin/Lamb
    Mo/Maynor

(Projected) #6 Pick, #12 pick, #17pick Package together to move up and Draft Shabaz maybe? or land James McAdoo and let Millsap walk in free agency.
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    I couldn't disagree more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    o please, burks gets to the line, that's where he makes his money. slashing and drawing fouls. of all the players to accuse of being a ball-hog...

shameful.
    Chip,

What is your problem? You have attacked my last 4 posts in a row! Every time you have misunderstood my post and blown it out of proportion. Try slowing down when you read. Show a little class. It's fine if you disagree with me, just don't be a dick about it.

I never said Burks was a ball hog. I think if he took as many shots as Ellis he could average the same amount of points. Ellis is the most overhyped player in the league. There are many players in the league that can score 20 points a night if they shoot as much as Ellis. He shoots a bad percentage and takes ill advised shots. He is not a team player and I wouldn't trade Tinsley for him. I don't think he is a team player or the type of player the Jazz are looking for. If Millsap started shooting 20 shots a game I'm sure he would average at least 20 PPG. Our team shouldn't be looked down upon for having 5 guys that look for the best shot. We don't want a chucker on the team.
    Last edited by Magic11; 11-21-2012 at 11:20 AM.

vCash
    I understand this forum is full of "Know-it-alls" (I am one of them), but the level of bitterness and unpleasantness seems to have reached an all time high here. It's the reason I left in the first place.

We are all hard core Jazz fans (to a fault even), we all want our team to do well - I just don't get the reasoning behind mean spirited and pointless replies. I realize someone's ideas might seem ridiculous and laughable to someone else, but I find replies like, "Um, no", or "Nope", without any further explanation, to not only be pointless (and lazy), but downright insulting. It feels like there's some frustrated individuals here taking out their aggressions on their keyboards.

My points were simple...

1. Get a new coach. Now I realize that's not going to happen anytime soon. And I do believe Corbin will one day have the experience and the knowledge to be a good one. He's just not one right now. And more than anything, these kids need veteran leadership from a coach - not someone who's learning with them. Yes, I think Corbin could one day bring the Jazz to the promised land - I just think the process could be sped up with a better coach now rather than later.

2. Start Favors. The Jefferson/Milsap combo is not working. This, thankfully has happened! But it's not enough. We can argue all we want about what we're ranked defensively/offensively, on the road, at home, trade Big Al, trade Milsap, have Milsap be a sixth man off the bench, etc... the fact still remains...

We are not winning a championship this year, or any other year, with this bunch! I think we all know that. All of these veterans are just a band aid to have a decent product on the floor for the fans this year - but what's the point? There's a reason we got Marv Williams for Harris - it's because he sucks just as bad. So why not try to do whatever it takes to build a team for the future? Big Al and Milsap are either going to walk, or re-sign (for a lot) at the end of the year - either option is bad. One of them (if not both!) has to go. Favors and Kanter are the future, and we need to set them up with a PG and a SF for the future - before they walk... we should be doing everything we can to find a "star" instead of treading water... if not now, when? We have sooo many assets, it's ridiculous.

Now, if someone disagrees with me, that's fine, and I'd love to hear your argument... just don't give me "Um, no's" please...

Btw, what happened to Lo porto? Lo Porto where are you??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantico View Post
    I understand this forum is full of "Know-it-alls" (I am one of them), but the level of bitterness and unpleasantness seems to have reached an all time high here. It's the reason I left in the first place.

We are all hard core Jazz fans (to a fault even), we all want our team to do well - I just don't get the reasoning behind mean spirited and pointless replies. I realize someone's ideas might seem ridiculous and laughable to someone else, but I find replies like, "Um, no", or "Nope", without any further explanation, to not only be pointless (and lazy), but downright insulting. It feels like there's some frustrated individuals here taking out their aggressions on their keyboards.

My points were simple...

1. Get a new coach. Now I realize that's not going to happen anytime soon. And I do believe Corbin will one day have the experience and the knowledge to be a good one. He's just not one right now. And more than anything, these kids need veteran leadership from a coach - not someone who's learning with them. Yes, I think Corbin could one day bring the Jazz to the promised land - I just think the process could be sped up with a better coach now rather than later.

2. Start Favors. The Jefferson/Milsap combo is not working. This, thankfully has happened! But it's not enough. We can argue all we want about what we're ranked defensively/offensively, on the road, at home, trade Big Al, trade Milsap, have Milsap be a sixth man off the bench, etc... the fact still remains...

We are not winning a championship this year, or any other year, with this bunch! I think we all know that. All of these veterans are just a band aid to have a decent product on the floor for the fans this year - but what's the point? There's a reason we got Marv Williams for Harris - it's because he sucks just as bad. So why not try to do whatever it takes to build a team for the future? Big Al and Milsap are either going to walk, or re-sign (for a lot) at the end of the year - either option is bad. One of them (if not both!) has to go. Favors and Kanter are the future, and we need to set them up with a PG and a SF for the future - before they walk... we should be doing everything we can to find a "star" instead of treading water... if not now, when? We have sooo many assets, it's ridiculous.

Now, if someone disagrees with me, that's fine, and I'd love to hear your argument... just don't give me "Um, no's" please...

Btw, what happened to Lo porto? Lo Porto where are you??
    Frantico- every year about this time you seem to post something like this; "the Jazz have lost a few game, quick sell the farmer, TRADE EVERYONE!"
    Here's a thought: WE CAN WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH THIS ROSTER!!!!!!!!
    I do agree with some of your thoughts: 1) Favors should start, we are a better team when he is on the floor, the problem is he is no where near the Offensive level of a Millsap or Jefferson.
    2) If you have watched us play at home you seen how awesome our defense can be, defense = easy points
    3) I say we can win with this roster because we are capable of being a top tier defensive team, we love to talk about how many blocks Favors gets, but Jefferson, Millsap and Hayward also contribute to the block party. We also for the first in forever and shoot the 3 ball which opens up the paint for our bigs in Jefferson and Millsap to dominate.
    4) Trading Millsap or Jefferson for hope that Kanter and Favors will pick up their production is a pip dream, Millsap and Jefferson have worked their butts off, have great attitudes, and are our best scorers on the team. ( ie: Millsap at the end of the Games, Jefferson is a go to guy that can score at will ) Top Free agents aren't coming to Utah ( sorry the Jefferson and Millsap for Durrant just isn't going to happen) If we let them go you are not going to replace their production in any trade..... We are better off to keep them on the roster.
    5) PG: Have you seen Mo play? He's no D-Will but he can hit the big 3 and and can make the pass, he doesn't back down and is a leader on this team. I would keep in around for the long haul.

I still believe that we have the peaces to contend for a titile they just need to come together, my solution:
    Starting Line Up
    Mo
    Burks
    Marvin
    Jefferon
    Favors

2nd unit
    Foye
    Hayward
    Carol
    Millsap
    Kanter

The bulk of the minutes go the Mo Hayward, Millsap Jefferson and Favors, this gives us a starting unit with a good balance of speed, 3 point shooters, slasher, dominate the paint and defensive shot blocking

the second unit would flat out destroy any other team 2nd unit with energy, shooter and defense. This would give us a boast and I believe get us to a championship.

Above all let not freak out, let our team come together, when our schedule comes back to normal and we have more home games I think you will be singing a different tune....... just my 2 cents

vCash
    bitterness isn't at an all-time high... i mean, where is dj? lolz. chill. we're all fine. our bitterness is reserved for stupid hacks of the g.s. tankers.

why would we trade with okc? makes no sense. AND i do not want evans as back-up 'pf.' until he plays like a pf, he's an sf. i don't care how tall he is, but malone weighed 3 of him and was 1 inch shorter!!!

he.
    is.
    not.
    a.
    damn.
    pf.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman5219 View Post
    Frantico- every year about this time you seem to post something like this; "the Jazz have lost a few game, quick sell the farmer, TRADE EVERYONE!"
    Here's a thought: WE CAN WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH THIS ROSTER!!!!!!!!
    I do agree with some of your thoughts: 1) Favors should start, we are a better team when he is on the floor, the problem is he is no where near the Offensive level of a Millsap or Jefferson.
    2) If you have watched us play at home you seen how awesome our defense can be, defense = easy points
    3) I say we can win with this roster because we are capable of being a top tier defensive team, we love to talk about how many blocks Favors gets, but Jefferson, Millsap and Hayward also contribute to the block party. We also for the first in forever and shoot the 3 ball which opens up the paint for our bigs in Jefferson and Millsap to dominate.
    4) Trading Millsap or Jefferson for hope that Kanter and Favors will pick up their production is a pip dream, Millsap and Jefferson have worked their butts off, have great attitudes, and are our best scorers on the team. ( ie: Millsap at the end of the Games, Jefferson is a go to guy that can score at will ) Top Free agents aren't coming to Utah ( sorry the Jefferson and Millsap for Durrant just isn't going to happen) If we let them go you are not going to replace their production in any trade..... We are better off to keep them on the roster.
    5) PG: Have you seen Mo play? He's no D-Will but he can hit the big 3 and and can make the pass, he doesn't back down and is a leader on this team. I would keep in around for the long haul.

I still believe that we have the peaces to contend for a titile they just need to come together, my solution:
    Starting Line Up
    Mo
    Burks
    Marvin
    Jefferon
    Favors

2nd unit
    Foye
    Hayward
    Carol
    Millsap
    Kanter

The bulk of the minutes go the Mo Hayward, Millsap Jefferson and Favors, this gives us a starting unit with a good balance of speed, 3 point shooters, slasher, dominate the paint and defensive shot blocking

the second unit would flat out destroy any other team 2nd unit with energy, shooter and defense. This would give us a boast and I believe get us to a championship.

Above all let not freak out, let our team come together, when our schedule comes back to normal and we have more home games I think you will be singing a different tune....... just my 2 cents

I can see the finals now. Raptors-Jazz, triple overtime, game seven.

vCash
    also the free burks needs to stop. he needs to get better before he can be "freed". demarre carrol who is minimum level player is really outplaying him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    also the free burks needs to stop. he needs to get better before he can be "freed". demarre carrol who is minimum level player is really outplaying him
    I agree with you 100% on Carrol, my starting line up point was to get Tinsley off the court. I would take Burks over Tinsley at this point, and I think Foye can take over the role of back up PG. I guess another thing to think about is that Watson is returning. Maybe keep Foye as the starting SG and have Watson be the back up PG.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast