Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    vCash
    meeeeeeeeeee
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I got a headache from the low level conversation I find on this site. I don't think anyone reads the latest news, videos etc. At least not on the Utah Channel. The only times I get reply's is from trollings.

I am use to people who can read past one paragraph, and I am use to reading long articles. I don't believe you can discuss sports unless you have room to explain yourself. But I guess people rather ask questions than debate them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    I got a headache from the low level conversation I find on this site. I don't think anyone reads the latest news, videos etc. At least not on the Utah Channel. The only times I get reply's is from trollings.

I am use to people who can read past one paragraph, and I am use to reading long articles. I don't believe you can discuss sports unless you have room to explain yourself. But I guess people rather ask questions than debate them.
    Gotta have thick skin on PSD.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of us just check the site during work or on our phones. So while a lot of your points are good and your posts are valid, we don't always have time to read them or respond the way we'd like too. Keep posting my friend.

As far as changes, I feel like we're at the point where we need to make moves. The year started with signing players and making a couple of moves to improve (which we did, we wouldn't be .500 right now with Harris), but it feels too much lately like "plan A" isn't working. Time for plan B. Time to ship off the soon-to-be FA's and get some assests back. If we're not going to make the playoffs, we might as well set ourselves up to make them next year, to be followed by a deep run the following. Watching the team without Mo right now feels like it did watching them right after we traded Williams. A team with no identity.

vCash
    I don't think we really need to make any trades unless its for a superstar which is not going to happen yet. What I think needs to happen is Corbin needs to figure out better rotations and matchups. Since Mo went down, we have virtually no scoring from our PG spot and not even a threat of scoring from there. I personally feel like that needs to be addressed by maybe having Hayward or Foye play some point for some stretches and crunch time. That should also get Burks more minutes. When a defense doesn't worry about a guard shooting because they suck, its pretty much playing 4 on 5. Watson and Tinsley are backups at best. They don't even penetrate and find open guys as much as a PG should be doing. Any guard on our team can do what they do which is walk the ball up and pass.

vCash
    Did you see when Hayward ran the ball, and then they had Burks/Al/Favors/Watson, that was awesome, but the fact is, Watson was only the floor to cover the other PG on defensive side. I mean I like the pass first, but I would have loved to see him drive the lane a few more times and be more aggresive to keep guys on him. Cause they know he never shoots so they have easy times to double up on others, which is why the Zone defense is killer.

Positions that need to change rapidly:
    Starters: PF and F

Bench: PG (honestly our bench is soo good, any PG works for them, but imagine a great PG at bench!!!!)

With guys who want to be here, and want to play for this team, if we replaced these three positions(Paul, Marvin, and Watson), and got guys who can play those positions correctly on this team....well thats the only changes we really need. If, and only if, Marvin and Paul continue to play the way they do. And if Watson can't produce more of an offensive presence and more tough defense.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-29-2012 at 11:44 AM.

vCash
    Explain how Marvin, Paul and Watson are playing their positions wrong. I'd love to hear it.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Watson and Tinsley played a combined 48 minutes and combined, put up 3 shots, 5 points, 5 assists, and 6 turnovers. What is right about that? When a defense doesn't need to guard someone because they know Watson/Tinsley don't shoot and can't score, it puts that much more pressure on the rest of the team. They don't even penetrate and put pressure on the defense which forces Foye to be the playmaker which he is not. If Hayward has to guard CP3 because Watson/Tinsley can't guard him, why not go big with something like Hayward, Foye, Millsap, Favors, and Jefferson? That would make us better on defense and offense.

vCash
    we might have the worst pg's in the league right now

vCash
    Trade a big for a PG
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    What would it take to get Al jeff to boston?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Honestly, the only guys I would want on the Celtics are Rondo, Sullinger, and Melo. I doubt that Rondo's on the trading block, and I don't think Sullinger and Melo are enough for Big Al (not to mention the nightmare it would take to get the salaries to work). You'd probably have to get a 3rd team involved or throw in some draft picks.
    Last edited by Rylz; 12-29-2012 at 09:57 PM.

vCash
    Avery Bradley. I would love him. If we could package of like Al for Bradley Melo a pick and cash that would be real nice.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Like he said, we need PG's who can run in for the layup shifting the defenders, and either going for the foul/layup, or make a quick pass out to give guys easy shots, including to Paul who now has room to make a run to the paint.

With zone defense, wouldn't the defending PG, just leave his spot to go in for the steal/double team, if he knows that the PG that he is defending will only pass the ball even if he does get the rock?

Tinsley is good, and he can make the 3pt, he just needs to get aggressive early on, and needs to go run in towards the paint with the ball more often. I mean everyone is relying on themselves to make the plays by themselves when we lose and a bad PG is to blame, he is the one who sets the pace.

When we were winning like against SAS, we had 2-3 guys making plays with each other by passing the ball and making plays/open space for others! Keeping pressure off your shooters is a big deal. Then again we had Mo, who is our closer, leader, shooter, and play maker(no way we can rid of him, not this season, and his injuries are season-threatening).

I personally want hybrid players like Favors and Hayward. Could you imagine having a 2nd Favors and Hayward for our Starters! Al and Paul just don't work well with each other, neither does Marvin. At least not without Mo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylz View Post
    You'd probably have to get a 3rd team involved or throw in some draft picks.
    I see another big trade. I mean I read that everyone in the league is looking at Paul and Al. I mean who can't use them? The difference is, what teams have something that we need?

Lowry would be cool, or any top young PG's in the league, like Lillard. With Al and Paul traded, we could find a young PG to cycle with Mo, and find someone who can be as great as Hayward. I would seriously trade just for draft picks. I mean look at our bench. Price/Performance is unbound. I think we should start trading for a new bench for next year.

Wouldn't a losing team who has a pick, trade the pick for an established player like Paul, Marvin, or Al!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    I think Jazz would love to have Avery Bradley since he's a young, pass first, defensive PG on a rookie contract. I think Utah would also love Fab Melo. And draft picks would be nice too.

A major road block is salary. Al has a contract at $15 million contract. Boston won't want to trade Rondo, Garnett, or Pierce to get Jefferson (not that Utah would want Garnett or Pierce). I doubt Utah wants to pay Jeff Green the ridiculous contract he just signed.

Boston then has players making mid range money and Utah would need to take 2 of them (Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, and Jason Terry). Utah could potentially take 2 of those guys plus Avery Bradley and draft picks, but would Utah want to pay Bass, Terry and Lee what they are owed?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast