Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    vCash
    Al is our biggest scorer and is a leader who is teaching our bench, mainly Kanter.

I haven't ready any information that the organization actually wants to get rid of him, just some stuff about Al mentioning that he rather be in Boston, his original home.

I think everyone just assumed Paul is going to be traded because Jazz have invested in him for so long and now its to a point where they either trade him off to make something off his investment in a trade, or we let him walk and take his salary space to bring in a FA.

I ask myself, why ask Paul so early compared to the others? Did they really want him that bad and thought he would say yes, or did they expect him to say no, so that they could look into someone long before the trade deadline? Either way, Jazz have the options to do anything.

vCash
    How much can Kanter learn from Al when Al stunts his growth along with Corbin's lovely rotations?
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    ^Speaking of rotations, I'm worried about Burk's growth behind Foye. Foye is not a starter by any means. His defense is so half- assed it's just demoralizing to watch. I know he can hit the three, but unless its consistent it doesn't matter. Burks at least has a killer mentality and his time on the bench could serve as motivation to take advantage of any minutes he might get now. I say it's now or never. FREE BURKS!! he has that spark millsap used to have, it's beautiful.

We need to bench Marv and foye. At least then they might actually DO SOMETHING. They clearly can't compete with starters. Hayward and burks ARE the future, they need to play against starters. or how will they ever play right?

Also, does it ever look like our team has a gameplan? i dont see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    How much can Kanter learn from Al when Al stunts his growth along with Corbin's lovely rotations?
    Really? Kanter has only been playing organized basketball for something like 5 or 6 years. You can see the footwork improving and there is little doubt that Al is having an impact on him. Who else is teaching Kanter those moves? Is there a legacy big on the coaching staff?

How is Al stunting Kanter's growth? If Kanter started he would probably be the focus of opposing offenses most nights because he is a defensive liability and he is not yet ready to be the primary interior post presence that the Jazz inside-out offense relies on.

If Kanter started how many minutes would he get a night before he fouled out?

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzanity420 View Post
    ^Speaking of rotations, I'm worried about Burk's growth behind Foye. Foye is not a starter by any means. His defense is so half- assed it's just demoralizing to watch. I know he can hit the three, but unless its consistent it doesn't matter. Burks at least has a killer mentality and his time on the bench could serve as motivation to take advantage of any minutes he might get now. I say it's now or never. FREE BURKS!! he has that spark millsap used to have, it's beautiful.

We need to bench Marv and foye. At least then they might actually DO SOMETHING. They clearly can't compete with starters. Hayward and burks ARE the future, they need to play against starters. or how will they ever play right?

Also, does it ever look like our team has a gameplan? i dont see it.

I do like the idea of having Burks and Carroll start, only because of the fact they are tougher, hungrier and lean mean ball handling machines. We need way more energy in the 1st quarter, more defense, not big shooting. Like people have told me, Foye is a streak shooter, and should be called upon in the 2nd, same with Marvin, because we need more defense in the 1st, and more points in the 2nd. Maybe being on the bench they might become more hungry. I mean Corbin hasn't even tried this setup. I am talking from the gegko, not when things get tough.

Kanter and Burks growth is so bad...I mean look at what Hayward and Favors have done by giving committed time to them and letting them develop. Burks and Kanter should get as much time and set time. Look at Carroll, he never knows when he is giving time or starter, but he is hungry as hell and wants to play good for 29 teams cause he will go FA, and Jazz would be stupid to get rid of him for his price. Point is, Carroll isn't getting the time he needs and doesn't know when he plays, so his growth is so out of whack, even though he is obviously a great starter(as defender).

I only say Al because he is a leader, but I am just mixed on whether he is the problem(for the starters) or the solution(for the starters). I mean 20-30 a night can't be beat.

I just think our starters need harder defense to stop these big shooting teams, so that our bench can come in and shoot the **** out of that ball. I mean it sounds like the best idea.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-31-2012 at 12:05 PM.

vCash
    Burks is a one-on-one player. He is not a guy who can easily be plugged into the offense. During the next game watch him closely and see how many strong picks he sets. Check to see if he knows how to rub hard off screens or if he's capable of catching and shooting immediately after coming off a screen as the two in this offense is required to do. Watch to see if he is capable of penetrating the paint and keeping his dribble alive when the path to the bucket is blocked, or has the vision and technique required to hit timely passes on back cuts or when the D has overcommitted.

When you see some of those things, Burks will be a more reasonable suggestion for the starting unit.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    Burks is a one-on-one player. He is not a guy who can easily be plugged into the offense. During the next game watch him closely and see how many strong picks he sets. Check to see if he knows how to rub hard off screens or if he's capable of catching and shooting immediately after coming off a screen as the two in this offense is required to do. Watch to see if he is capable of penetrating the paint and keeping his dribble alive when the path to the bucket is blocked, or has the vision and technique required to hit timely passes on back cuts or when the D has overcommitted.

When you see some of those things, Burks will be a more reasonable suggestion for the starting unit.
    I like the idea. I mean put your best defense against the them's best shooting. Put your best shooters against their bench. Trying to put all your numbers in the first is not the answer. Putting up the strongest defense in the 1st is what we should try.

Its just tough because our starters just can't play together and can't compete against the other starters. Our bench has lifted this team the whole season. We wouldn't win without them, and when we face the best, our starters really need to step up and shut them down.

vCash
    I think it is time to make some changes to the lineup. Our starters are getting killed on most nights and our bench is winning most nights.
    Mo, Burks, Marvin, Favors and Al as the starters.
    Tins, Foye, Hayward, Millsap and Kanter as the bench.

Mo, Burks and Al can provide plenty of scoring and they are all capable of breaking down a defense. Marvin and Favors can focus solely on defense and rebounding.
    Off the bench, Tins, Hayward and Milly can run the offense and make things easy on Foye and Kanter offensively. Milly will be better suited to go against 2nd team big guys and I think the same about Foye against bench SGs.
    I don't know where Carroll will fit in but this lineup is something that I'd like to try.

vCash
    Is it to hard to ask that our starters to keep a 19 point lead, or to stay with in 5-10 points?

The problem is, our bench works great, you take a piece out, like Hayward, and now the bench isn't as amazing. The only thing to do is bring in the 3rd stringers(Carroll and Burks). I guess the reason the bench is so great is Hayward and Favors, and add anyone you want.

I think every Jazz fan knows what to do, but nothing happens, so were all just frustrated cause we can't do anything. I wish Dennis would read forums, and that Corbin would also. I mean I am not the smartest, but the combined ideas from everyone has a lot of truth.

vCash
    hotrod are you ty Corbin? Happy Birthday hotrod!
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Weak effort Jumba. Weak.

I suggest you say hi to Chip before he bolts and get a pic of the RB trophy before they return it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    Weak effort Jumba. Weak.

I suggest you say hi to Chip before he bolts and get a pic of the RB trophy before they return it.
    haha good one.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    haha good one.
    Sorry Jumba. That was the disgruntled Husky fan breaking free for a moment.

vCash
    If we don't make the playoffs and we don't get Marcus Smart in the draft, I'm going to be disappointed.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/marcus-smart

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    doesn't GS just have to stay out of the bottom 7??

I mean last year they did extremely terrible, but this year that is not the same team and they already have as much wins as last year(lol).

I have been trying to figure out how many picks we get, and which ones we get. I thought we got 2 in the 1st round and a 3rd pick in the 2nd round.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast