Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    no, they've been a cancer in here for a while. it started when they came in boasting about keeping their pick and they've never shut the hell up since. as if we're butthurt about it. i'm sick and tired of them posting **** in here, then saying 'i'm not trolling, i'm responding' when every convo they're involved with is started by a blatant trolling comment. it's disgusting. ignoring them hasn't helped one bit. i think if everyone reported every post that might get something done.

i'm sure they're quoting me, even though i ignored them weeks ago.
    nlm mln
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 12-22-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    warriors are killing it so far they look good, so does minnesota, Memphis,

honestly after this road trip i see a nose dive for our team. and there are alot of good teams in the west.

anyone watch the timberwolves vs. okc? Love is ridiculous, they are fun to watch
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    ^ I agree - Spurs, OKC, Clippers, Memphis - are all very strong. And how can you not like the Wolves? they are a fun team. You know the Lakers are going to get better at some point. Then we got GS, Denver, Dallas, Portland - it's kind of insane. We might end up 8th - maybe 7th? Either way... it's depressing. I guess what frustrating me the most is that we have SO many chips to play - we are seriously deep - but there just doesn't seem to be a good trade out there for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantico View Post
    ^ I agree - Spurs, OKC, Clippers, Memphis - are all very strong. And how can you not like the Wolves? they are a fun team. You know the Lakers are going to get better at some point. Then we got GS, Denver, Dallas, Portland - it's kind of insane. We might end up 8th - maybe 7th? Either way... it's depressing. I guess what frustrating me the most is that we have SO many chips to play - we are seriously deep - but there just doesn't seem to be a good trade out there for us.
    addition by subtraction my man.

if you want to make a trade involving Al or Paul its got to be to a playoff team because they are both expiring.

OR take a risk and put all assets in play and we can make a dynamic move
    Hi There

vCash
    I see from the remaining list, that Portland is going to fall off. They had a better than expected start, but they're still portland, and I still hate them.

Denver I feel is in a same position as us. They just need to make the right trade. I just dont like the idea of trading within the division, and to a bitter foe like the Thuggets.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Portland will fall off, thats for sure.

Lakers will figure it out and at least make the playoffs.

Denver is just like us, on the bubble all season long.

I don't see Dallas making the playoffs, even with Dirk back.

And the Wolves and Rockets are still unpredictable.

So basically we might make it. Lot of help I am lol. But the only drastic change I would make is trading Big Al for some future pieces.

vCash
    I have been asking this question since the season started.

I have checked and all the guys we brought in are only slightly under what they did last year. As for our Paul and Al, they are also down compared to last year, and Al is the only one who is far behind, which is down 3pts per game.

I kept thinking Marvin and Foye are disappointing, but they are doing pretty much what they did last year give or take 1pt per game.

I think Utah's biggest problem is the fact that to many players are having bad droughts. I mean Tinsley and Paul were dry for awhile, then they got back on a usual grind. Now Foye and Al are dry as hell, and these are all guys we depend on to have at minimum 10 each to win.

We have 7 guys making 10+ a game. When we win, we have two guys with 15+, and the other 5 have a good 10+.
    The problem like I said is, that random guys are getting the 15+. From Burks to Hayward, we have been blindly relying on guys who you wouldn't expect to turn the tide. If these guys didn't step up, like when Hayward got 23, then we would have lost those games!

Where is Paul and Al, every night when we need them.

The only guys who I think we can rely on to get their usual points EVERY game, is Favors, Kanter and Mo.(however kanter has a great game if he is near 10, and is only expected to 5-7pts).

I believe that if Al and Paul could consistently hit 15 every night, we would win more games. Because if they are making their points, then anything extra from the others allows us to move ahead. Like the nights when Burks gets 12, and hayward gets 23, or Favors and his 19 against Denver(hell even a night where kanter gets 10 can be the deal maker)

The problem is obvious, Al gets 28 points at home against the Nuggets, but 4 against the Pacers. This Jekyll and Hyde with Home and Road is really killing us, and I blame Paul and Al who need to be more consistent.

Favors, Hayward and Kanter are at a point where they continually make their expected points and can score higher on games that need it, even on the road(this includes burks). Mo seems to be a consistent player and a great closer.

I also want to finger out Foye and Marvin who should be making 10 pts a night. They are suppose to be our big perimeter shooters. Oh they can do it, its just that they should be shutting these games out. I mean SG's should be your high scorers. I think if they really tried and got good looks they could be hitting 3-6 3pt's a night each with maybe 1-2 2pt's.

I just think Paul, Al, Foye, and Marv need to work out some system that allows them to pass the ball to 2+ hands each time. We need more cutters and more guys opening plays(or just guys making plays for themselves and not settling for the outside shot, and if so, then do this work to clear them to get the good look at the 3pt).

The problem with this is, Foye and Marv need to be hot at 3pt, and they must start out hot to keep guys on them on the outer ring. This way it clears up space in the paint for Al or Paul, because you can't leave 2 guys out on the 3pt open(make that 3 guys with Mo/Tinsley).

Pretty much you need one thing to get another, Jazz need their cake, and to make sure no one eats it. Just like how we get a lot of fast break points, it starts on the defense. Our problem is, we can't seem to be that energetic fast action points unless we get a stop...why can't they hustle that hard even if the other team made a point?!

Our bench has defined us(in terms of what is getting us wins). Our starters need to get out this funk and work it out. Even with tinsley, marv, foye, paul and al should be able to put up big numbers to keep up with any teams starters, so that our bench can come in and slaughter the bench of the other teams. This works cause the starters play longer, making them weaker against our starters.

I wish we had someone who could coach our starters in the right direction. Where is Sloan when you really need him(this team is 2nd quality if all gears are working, and if on fire we could be a western conference contender for best in the west).

vCash
    7 guys making 10 points minimum every night is 70 points, then about 15 points from another 4 is what we need every night minimally. These numbers should be put up every night to make an average of 85 points.

If Al, Paul, Mo, Marv, Foye, Favors, and Hayward each make 10 points every night, then we would have Kanter, Carroll, Burks and Tinsley making at least 15-20 combined.

This would give us 80-90 points a night as a foundation. This way with two guys getting at least 15+, that puts it in the 100pts a night and giving us more wins.

Pretty much if everyone just makes this minimum, then we can have any of the 7-11 guys making those extra points to get us the win. I just think Al, Paul, Marv, Foye and even Mo, should all be 15 points a night as starters, especially if there all getting 30+ minutes each. Hell Hayward is out shooting both marv and foye on average(these two are suppose to be our big shooters(and Hayward is close to out doing Paul and even Al on yearly average.)

How are we ever going to beat a team like OKC, who has 2 guys with about 20+ a night(and durant is damn there 30 a night). With two other getting 15 a night, with the rest of the team making about 30 a night. As of right now, Durants point is enough to fill both Paul and Al's daily(assuming they can even hit their average).
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-25-2012 at 02:44 AM.

vCash
    Merry Christmas Jazz Fans!!!!

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    indeed... merry christmas everyone

(except, of course, those lame troll whores. they can suck on coal for all i care...)
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    With Mo out for 8 weeks, were looking at him returning probably right about when the trade deadline comes.

These next two months will define what the Jazz do next. Can Tinsly become the leader on the floor and feed the ball to 4 highly capable shooters in Paul, Al, Marvin and Randy?

I think he can, but now his usual work with our future squad, is now ran by Watson. He isn't exactly the best choice, but I think this is the biggest problem. Our bench has been our biggest source of winning.

Our PG position is the most complicated, and the obvious position that needs fixing. We have amazing talent in all the other positions, we literally have 2 solid players for each spot. Point Guard was fine with Mo, but his continual injuries are putting him out so much, leaving the team in Tinsly's hands often. Now were looking at a full blown hand over. Mo's injuries is a big dissappointment, to bad were stunting Burks growth cuz we traded Harris for Marvin. We could use Harris way more than Marvin.

I think the Jazz need to trade the guys who plan to go FA for a "temporary" point guard like Mo, and get a younger talent who can grow with our future squad on the PG bench. Even if we find a new starter at PG, Mo will easily adjust to being our starter SG. Paul is the obvious trade. He will not extend contract, and we would be stupid to allow him to go FA without trading him for someone awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    no, they've been a cancer in here for a while. it started when they came in boasting about keeping their pick and they've never shut the hell up since. as if we're butthurt about it. i'm sick and tired of them posting **** in here, then saying 'i'm not trolling, i'm responding' when every convo they're involved with is started by a blatant trolling comment. it's disgusting. ignoring them hasn't helped one bit. i think if everyone reported every post that might get something done.

i'm sure they're quoting me, even though i ignored them weeks ago.
    nlm mln
    When you respond like this they get what they want. Let them enjoy some well needed improvement. They deserve a little slack, they don't know how to respond to winning because they have been bad for decades. In the past 35 years they have made the playoffs 6 times. They won only 4 playoff series in 35 years. Not to mention all the high draft picks they have had over the years. In the past 18 seasons they made the playoffs once as a 8th seed, and lost to Utah in the second round. We don't need to argue if they tanked, it is a fact. They went 3 & 17 to finish the year. TIME TO MOVE ON. Congratulations to the Warriors for playing well for the first 28 games of a season!
    Last edited by Magic11; 12-26-2012 at 12:35 PM.

vCash
    FYI - since moving to Utah the Jazz have made the playoffs 25 of 33 years. The years we didn't make it: the first 4 years after moving from New Orleans, the 3 years after Stockton and Malone moved on, and the year d-will and Coach Sloan were gone. We have won 22 playoff series in Utah.

vCash
    Nice stats Magic! Its a nice refresher...cause things could be worst. We could be a team who never made it to the finals, or a team who never makes it to the playoffs. Two western conference champions is better than nothing, although having two NBA Titles would have been life changing, and city changing!

I think the Jazz are good, they are doing good enough to stay above .500. I only think we need changes because situations demand it. Like Millsap not signing the contract, are list of FA's this year, and Mo's Injuries.

To be great the Jazz need something else that is not working now. If everyone on Utah's starter and bench, if they could all hit their averages every night, Utah would win.
    We are not gonna win, when our two PG's score 0 points and combine for less than 10 assits. Are two shooters at guard and forward, need to keep the perimeter hot to keep the paint open(shooting below 50% is bad). So that our two Big guys can get easier shots in the paint. Our big guys need more stops with blocks and rebounds, to keep the ball moving at our pace, to make easier on the shooters and pg.

Its a circle, and when it rolls, we win as one. When only one tries to roll the circle they face extreme hardship with too much weight to carry alone. We have a good enough team to make the playoffs, we just need to stay more consistent and all work at the same time.

vCash
    ^ does anyone else have a headache ?
    Hi There

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast