Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Changes need to be made

Changes need to be made!

1. Get new coach

2. Get a point guard

I know it's early in the season, but I've seen Corbin on the sidelines for far too long at this point - the team os not responding to him. If he doesn't know how to win on the road how can we expect the players to know how to do it? And some of his decision making is pathetic... I just don't think he's got what it takes. Half the time he's out there looking like a deer in headlights. I think it's time to move on.

I understand we have 3 new starters, and a bunch of kids, but that's the point - a young, inexperianced team does not need a young and inexperianced coach -quite the oppositite - we need a serious, veteran coach. But who? I think Jeff Van Gundy would be perfect. A defensive minded, hard-nosed coach - loyal - dedicated - a great basketball mind - the closest thing left to the great coach Sloan. He took those old knicks teams far.

And thinking of those great 90s knicks teams reminded me of Patrick Ewing - and how similar I find Big Al to Ewing. Both good (Ewing probably better), but you just knew Ewing couldn't carry a team on his shoulders. And I have that same exact heeling about Big Al. Because Big Al is a great second option - he should not be the first. He's a Pau Gasol, to Kobe, a Garnett to Pierce, but we don't have a Kobe or Pierce obviously. Which brings me to my second point...

We need to trade for a star point guard! And if we can't get a Rondo or a Paul trade for draft picks where a star point is available.

The only untouchables should be Favors, Kanter, Burks, Evans and Maybe - maybe - Hayward - he's just not showing me enough right now - but everyone else can go. Trade Jefferson AND Milsap if we have to. We need a point guard for the future!

vCash
    nope
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Backup point guard, but other that that...no

vCash
    Agree we need to get a new coach! Jeff is my first option too, I also think Matt Harpring could be a fit for this team although he never coaches before lol.

If we can pull a trade for Lilard and Matthews that would be great, as long as we can keep Favors, Hayward and Kanter, I would love to have Milsap stay though.

As I mentioned in the other thread, we should have signed Danny Green instead of Foye, I don't know why Corbin loves to play Foye so much especially at the end of game, he can't creat his own shot and he can't defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantico View Post
    Changes need to be made!

1. Get new coach

2. Get a point guard

I know it's early in the season, but I've seen Corbin on the sidelines for far too long at this point - the team os not responding to him. If he doesn't know how to win on the road how can we expect the players to know how to do it? And some of his decision making is pathetic... I just don't think he's got what it takes. Half the time he's out there looking like a deer in headlights. I think it's time to move on.

I understand we have 3 new starters, and a bunch of kids, but that's the point - a young, inexperianced team does not need a young and inexperianced coach -quite the oppositite - we need a serious, veteran coach. But who? I think Jeff Van Gundy would be perfect. A defensive minded, hard-nosed coach - loyal - dedicated - a great basketball mind - the closest thing left to the great coach Sloan. He took those old knicks teams far.

And thinking of those great 90s knicks teams reminded me of Patrick Ewing - and how similar I find Big Al to Ewing. Both good (Ewing probably better), but you just knew Ewing couldn't carry a team on his shoulders. And I have that same exact heeling about Big Al. Because Big Al is a great second option - he should not be the first. He's a Pau Gasol, to Kobe, a Garnett to Pierce, but we don't have a Kobe or Pierce obviously. Which brings me to my second point...

We need to trade for a star point guard! And if we can't get a Rondo or a Paul trade for draft picks where a star point is available.

The only untouchables should be Favors, Kanter, Burks, Evans and Maybe - maybe - Hayward - he's just not showing me enough right now - but everyone else can go. Trade Jefferson AND Milsap if we have to. We need a point guard for the future!
    the first isn't even close ewing was way better on the defensive end. and the second bold how do you propose we get this star pg? third why is burks and evans untouchable and hayward isn't? hayward is already better then evans will ever be and more then likely better then burks will ever be

vCash
    Can we say OVER REACTION? New players take time to Gel...... I think Mo is 100 times upgrade over what Harris was last year. Our team is loaded with talent and has the ability to light it up on both ends of the floor.... it just needs to all come together on a consistant basis and that will take time. Here is some of my observations:

Tinsley needs to be benched, great passer but can make a shot to save his life, defense is also suspect, have Burks, Foye or Watson take his spot.

We get too jump shot happy- when we are driving to basket good things happen, it seems like we want to stand outside the paint and shoot contested shots to much

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE... we see it at home, but it disappears on the road. Good defense leads to easy baskets

I see us making a blow out statement against the Wiz tonight, our team really has it all, great length, the ability to dominate in the paint or torch you with 3 point bombs. We have a great bench and can play great defense, I think it has to be a mind set for our players and coaches... give it time, the Jazz will be great this year!!!!!!!

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    ai0104 - you make some great points - Lilard and Matthews would be sick - but that seems like an extremely impossible dream at this point...

I think Hayward could be packaged because in year three I'm not seeing much of an improvement - if he's gonna be our shooting guard he needs to make shots on a regular basis. I think other teams are still high enough on him that they would take him in a package deal.

Ironman - defese, defense, defense? On the road? That's my point, get a defensive minded coach that knows how to win on the road. Corbin is not doing it. How is Favors not a starter?? He IS the defense. I would bet if Van Gundy was coaching he'd be the starter. That is just a no brainer. This Big Al, Milsap situation has gone on long enough. It's not working.

Am I the only one that thinks we're not going anywhere with this bunch? Mo is fine (obviously better than Harris) but Marvin?? Tinsley?? Foye?? Come on... it's just patchwork... what is so frustrating is that we are sooo close... just one or two more pieces and we'd be set for years.... get rid of all these underachiving vets and get a PG for the future... before it's too late.

vCash
    ai0104 - you make some great points - Lilard and Matthews would be sick - but that seems like an extremely impossible dream at this point...

I think Hayward could be packaged because in year three I'm not seeing much of an improvement - if he's gonna be our shooting guard he needs to make shots on a regular basis. I think other teams are still high enough on him that they would take him in a package deal.

Ironman - defese, defense, defense? On the road? That's my point, get a defensive minded coach that knows how to win on the road. Corbin is not doing it. How is Favors not a starter?? He IS the defense. I would bet if Van Gundy was coaching he'd be the starter. That is just a no brainer. This Big Al, Milsap situation has gone on long enough. It's not working.

Am I the only one that thinks we're not going anywhere with this bunch? Mo is fine (obviously better than Harris) but Marvin?? Tinsley?? Foye?? Come on... it's just patchwork... what is so frustrating is that we are sooo close... just one or two more pieces and we'd be set for years.... get rid of all these underachiving vets and get a PG for the future... before it's too late.
    Do you realize that we are ranked #1 in defense when we play at home? Our roster is capable of being a top defensive team, we are seeing flashes of this in road games but just need consistancy ... you want to dump Mo Foye Millsap and Jefferson???? You just got rid of all of our scorers????? who is going to score any of our points? Millsap is money at the end of games, Jefferson is a boarder line all star who is unstoppable in the Post. The Millsap Jefferson Experiment DOES work, we just need more time to come together with the new peaces.... I still think our biggest problem is settling for jump shots. I do agree with you that Marvin is disappointing... Maybe its time to see more of the line up of Millsap Jefferson, and Favors....... tonight's game will tell us a lot of what type of team that we have.... also reality check, no way in hell Portland is going to trade Lillard........

vCash
    Think we're fine right now. No need to panic. All the guys have looked good at times, just need to get some consistency. Ty's got a little more time to prove he can do the job. I think he's improved since the beginning. There are a lot of new faces in important positions so it's gonna take a little time. We ARE better than last year. Whether or not the record at the end of the year shows it is a different story. Last night was a frustrating loss, but nothing to start blowing the team/coaching staff up over.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    Changes need to be made!

1. Get new coach

2. Get a point guard

um, no.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    First off our defense is ranked 13th that's a lot better then last years 27th so please understand basketball before making a bunch of foolish comments. Second Corbin is switching up the lineup with mo foye millsap favors and big al starting tonight. To start all these crazy trade talks and firing is insane less then 1/8th into the season. If you want lame moves this early in the season you might want to jump on the laker bandwagon.

vCash
    it is not panic time in the sense that we are a terrible team. not at all, we are a great home team and will probably go like 31-10 at home this year. Problem is on the road we will go 13-28 and end up scraping for an 8th seed with a quick sweep to follow.

After that millsap and jefferson are free agents we could lose for nothing. Favors is our only REAL concrete asset. Lots of cap space but a lack luster free agent class. Hayward is solid jj redick level player probably never makes an all star team. Burks may never see the light of day and there is probably a reason why. Kanter is up and down (needs more time IMO)

I think we need to be proactive here this season to add real talent to this roster. I like Foye as a bench guy. I like Mo as a scorer/Backup PG. but other than that .... I mean marvin williams is all right ... good defender.

Bottom line is Favors is the Coner Stone, everone else is in play to make a dynamic move happen. hopefully you can make the move and still hold onto either hayward or kanter to build with as well.

As for corbin? the jury is out I blame more of the rotation issues on the front office than corbin at this point. BUT he hasn't proven to me that he is a great coach yet either. My gut tells me he is going to be a good coach in the long run
    Last edited by draino; 11-17-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    I am most impressed by the Jazz ability to play on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    I am most impressed by the Jazz ability to play on the road.
    Looks like even Metamucial saw our win on the road tonight, glad you agree- VICTORY!!!!!!!! ( I always knew deep down that you cheered for the Jazz every night! )
    Last edited by Ironman5219; 11-17-2012 at 09:43 PM.

vCash
    The Jazz are a solid team at best - I think we need to move both Milsap and Jefferson before one of two things happens:

1. They leave as Free Agents.
    2. (even worse) - We sign them to long-term deals. Both will get way too close to the max for us to really be dynamic, neither guy is a true franchise player.

I'd rather "Deron Williams" a couple of teams and make time for Favors and Kantner.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast