Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Hypothetically, Let's Say Memphis Wins It All This Season...

Does Zach Randolph deserve some Hall of Fame chatter?

He's always been a great scorer and a huge rebounder, but was always overlooked because of the lack of winning and bad attitude. But he's become a force in this league and a leader on Memphis, and I believe with a ring as arguably the best player on his team... He would deserve, at the very least, some talk as a Hall of Fame player.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    No. Winning doesn't just make u a better player than u are.

vCash
    No. Never

vCash
    No. That's such a well-balanced team that I don't think anyone is going to get carried away with him as an individual winning a ring...unless he just goes bananas in the playoffs.

He's a 1 time all star. His most prestigous award is a MIP in his third year in the league. He's never been in the top 10 in any stat besides rebound-related ones, and those aren't too plentiful.

He has the 68th best career PER. He's well outside the active top 50 in WS/48 and plain old win shares (despite being a 15 year vet).

17.3-9.2 is nice...but I think people know how to dig deeper than that.

A Finals MVP might give him a boost, but even with that I doubt it. Just too unremarkable of a career IMO. Solid, but rarely ever elite. How can a guy who was arguably (probably) never a top 10 player wind up in the HOF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    No. Winning doesn't just make u a better player than u are.
    True, but it makes his career resume look a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    IF they somehow magically won it all this year, and he continues to stay healthy over the last few years of his prime and plays well, possibly.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    No. That's such a well-balanced team that I don't think anyone is going to get carried away with him as an individual winning a ring...unless he just goes bananas in the playoffs.

He's a 1 time all star. His most prestigous award is a MIP in his third year in the league. He's never been in the top 10 in any stat besides rebound-related ones, and those aren't too plentiful.

He has the 68th best career PER. He's well outside the active top 50 in WS/48 and plain old win shares (despite being a 15 year vet).

17.3-9.2 is nice...but I think people know how to dig deeper than that.

A Finals MVP might give him a boost, but even with that I doubt it. Just too unremarkable of a career IMO. Solid, but rarely ever elite. How can a guy who was arguably (probably) never a top 10 player wind up in the HOF?
    I think he's had an unremarkable career for the reasons I stated in the original post, though. The guy has always put up really solid numbers throughout his career, but he had a bad attitude and could never lead Portland or New York as "the guy". Now he's become a leader of Memphis and their go-to guy late in game (most of the time), and so now people are finally starting to recognize him.

I'm probably in the very small minority here, but I think he's been a really solid player throughout his career who's only gotten better over the years... I think a few more years of production and a ring would make people give him a much harder second look.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24:24352999
    . How can a guy who was arguably (probably) never a top 10 player wind up in the HOF?
    You mean again?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Eh?

vCash
    no

vCash
    they can definitely win it all if the refs keep giving them games
    [

vCash
    First tell me who is their best player because it isnt clear at all-.