Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaffy View Post
    1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    2. Wilt Chamberlain
    3. Magic Johnson
    4. Michael Jordan
    5. Kobe Bryant
    I hope this list isn't in order because if it is it is a terrible list. You got two of the top players on the list at 1 and 2 who lost 5 series with HCA with good teams. If they were the best go to guys they wouldn't had lost series where they were the favorite.
    Last edited by JordansBulls; 11-19-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    lol, im in a waiting room guy, I edited my post because it wasnt fair and fixed auto corrects mistake. Ill get back to you means I WILL GET BACK 2 U
    Ah ok! Predictive text on phones should be banned! lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Maybe because he is by far the most unstoppable, efficient and consistent scorer ever from the field?
    I guess only FT's matter though...

Shaq was always double/triple teamed in his Young/Prime years regardless of who you put around him and he routinely scored over double or triple teams.
    He had amazing handles for a C and amazing ball control he was not easy to strip or keep from powering to the basket.
    You speak of him like he is Bynum or something, haha.

The three best scorers / offensive anchors ever are Jordan, Shaq and Kareem.
    dude? seriously, who said ONLY ft's matter???
    shaq dominance is not in question,
    but you have a shot to make, and everyone knows the balls is coming to you, then at that point being shaq is not a great thing
    do you even know why a defensive play called "hack-a-shaq" exists??
    I know you know, that's the most annoying part of your case. you just want to make an argument out of thin air. annoying mofo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Maybe because he is by far the most unstoppable, efficient and consistent scorer ever from the field?
    I guess only FT's matter though...
    they matter if all you get to shoot are freethrows in the final 3 minutes. Shaq is not a go to guy in crunch time when the scores are really close. Hack a Shaq says hi.

vCash
    I wonder what a team constructed purely with go to guys Avengers style would look like?

Jordan/Bird/Miller/Horry....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    they matter if all you get to shoot are freethrows in the final 3 minutes. Shaq is not a go to guy in crunch time when the scores are really close. Hack a Shaq says hi.
    Shaq used to knock down a good percentage of his free throws in crunch time. He'd start the first 3 qtrs like a putrid 30% from the line, and then make up by making close to three-fourths of his free throws in the 4th, and get his average for the game to around 50-55%.

vCash
    Why no Ray Allen??
    New York Knicks Pride #2014 IM BACK. LETS GO

vCash
    Shaq was pretty dominant, even in 4th quarters. I never liked the hack a shaq. Did that ever work? I hope they change the rules to get rid of that.... makes the game look so ugly.

vCash
    Speaking of go to centers, which of the greats would be the most dominant 1 on 1... Can Kareem stop Shaq? Can Shaq stop Kareem? How does Hakeem fare against either of them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    No it doesn't mean that and isn't incorrect. I don't know if i'm not explaining it clearly enough or you just don't get it. If Shaq got fouled for a final shot, clock basically expired and he needed to make 1 of them to win, there are no guarantees he makes 1 of them.

In this situation, there are 4 possibilities. He makes both OR misses both OR Makes 1st/misses 2nd OR Misses 1st/Makes 2nd. 25% chance he nails both, 50% he makes 1 or the other and 25% he bricks both.

Just because he's 50% for the course of a season/career, doesn't mean 1 of those 2 is a guarantee, just the statistical likeliness. The same risk is there for Shaq missing both FT's than it is MJ/Kobe/Bird to miss their shot. Therefore, the argument for a dominant big who can't make FT's is floored.

It could actually be argued that the 25% likelihood of not getting a single point is less of a risk than a 50% FG chance as it's twice as likely the player attempting the FG doesn't get a single point. This would be weighted slightly however due to possibility of player being fouled on FG attempt.
    I assumed the OP was talking about clutch shots in general. The variables within that span depend on the time and score, which we dont have. So I just looked at it as a blanket statement. Shaq is a great clutch player but he isnt a good option in certain clutch situations, like 1 on 1 final second shots down by 2-3PTS because he lacks the range to hit 3's and is a 50/50 gamble at the line. Though they are moments he claims to step up his ft shooting.

Your complaint of guarantees is nonsensical because there is never a guarantee of success in anything. Consider Kobe Bryants fg% in final FG/A situations, Im sure you've seen it, its not pretty. The fact that Kobe can get shots off against quality defenses keyed on stopping him can be both an advantage and detriment to the teams offense.

And take note that the OP only asks us who we would have take the shot if we needed a shot made against stifling defense. I took that to mean during any crucial/critical moment in the game, not just the moments you describe. That said, I generally agree with your decision but if my team was only down 1, tied, up 1 or more in a final shot situation. I would have no problem going to Shaq and enjoying a rate of efficiency well above league average for those situations. Particularly if Shaq is right about his FT shooting in the clutch.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456