Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Actually, we have at least 3 employees of professional baseball that I personally know of on this forum. There could be more certainly, but I know of 3.
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Who?
    That's not my privilege to say (none of them are very active though) and one of them is my brother-in-law. 1 of them works in minor league baseball fwiw, none are in influential positions either. I would gather we actually have more than this, but I just happen to know about these 3 for particular reasons (as in I know them personally).

I'm sure we have additional people who do things like ticket sales for example. The three people I'm referring to work in baseball operations though.

I also have a buddy on here, but I don't think he has ever posted, he plays organ music for the Cardinals, and he has managed to actually tell me about moves a full 24 hours before they actually get reported on mlbtr. Crazy how he always finds out lol, he has literally nothing to do with that side of the team.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Dugmet is a writer.

vCash
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Now if only everyone treated others with the same respect he does his father.

I commend the author on how he handled the immature insults within the article he was quoting. With the amount of insults thrown around, it could easily be applied to both sides of the discussion, especially in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That's not my privilege to say (none of them are very active though) and one of them is my brother-in-law. 1 of them works in minor league baseball fwiw, none are in influential positions either. I would gather we actually have more than this, but I just happen to know about these 3 for particular reasons (as in I know them personally).

I'm sure we have additional people who do things like ticket sales for example. The three people I'm referring to work in baseball operations though.

I also have a buddy on here, but I don't think he has ever posted, he plays organ music for the Cardinals, and he has managed to actually tell me about moves a full 24 hours before they actually get reported on mlbtr. Crazy how he always finds out lol, he has literally nothing to do with that side of the team.
    I'd just like to point out that Gord Ash, one time GM of the Jays, started off as a ticket guy at Skydome and managed to work his way all the way up to the GM position which is pretty impressive. I believe he's now with the Brewers as assistant GM, or at least last I checked he was. It's not impossible to get involved with your team if you're willing to work hard to get it.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324