Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes_Craven View Post
    Sad.

One of my favorite guys to play for the Purple & Gold, just can never stay right.

Damn you, Memphis...damn you!
    What does Memphis have to do with this?

vCash
    Jordan
    Hakeem
    Bird
    Barkley
    Melo
    Paul
    Duncan
    Durant/Kobe (moreso for their fearlessness)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Now they might lose Bynum so either way it was stupid. You don't take that big of a risk like that. Now they might be force to give a center with glass knees the max
    Who's going to force them to do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    What does Memphis have to do with this?
    As a Lakers fan, you know that Bynum injured both his knees against memphis in 08 and 09, so why are you asking?

vCash
    I'd say the Lakers won the deal.

vCash
    Sad to see one of my favorite Lakers be injured again. He will be another player that had a lot of talent and potential, but was never able to reach his true potential because of injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    Signing him to a long term deal is a risk, trading for him was not even remotely a risk. We lost one year of Iggy and a couple of ok prospects

I'm new here. And as you can tell from my name here, I am NOT a Bynum fan. And dude, you are totally wrong here. The Sixers gave up two extremely promising young stars. Vucivic is a great young Big, and comes from a great family history of Basketball. Bynum has 12 major surgeries on BOTH his knees before the Sixers traded for him. I mean they knew he was nothing more then Damaged goods. Giving Iggy away was no big deal. Bit two young HEALTHY Star potential players and Multiple draft picks ??? Sorry dude but that was a HUGE mistake by my Sixer team. Re-signing Bynum to anything more then a NBA Vet MINIMUM contract is suicide. I say just let the Fat, no kneed Bum walk away and let some other STUPID team sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punk View Post
    Wow. Someone reported that the Lakers traded for Dwight knowing Bynum was damaged goods.

If this is true, my heart goes out to the Sixer fans. After all of the hype and excitement generated, to end up with a Brandon Roy situation is simply awful. They have no backup plan after this.
    This.

The whole time the Sixers were contemplating this move I was thinking they were insane.

It was obvious they were just giving away Iggy. Tragic situation for Philadelphia but completely avoidable.

They just got sucked into the "get Howard" sweepstakes that LA was driving.

Idiots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Cap space and Allowing Jrue the space to develop isnt nothing no matter how much your spin it its not like we would have gotten any really good offers for iggy anyways this trade wasnt so much a risk as it was a release we have been stuck in the middle for years and now we will have at best a 7th seed team at wrost 10th with a good amount of cap space and flexibility so a middling draft pick and a signing is somewhere to start rebuilding its not like we where contenders or anything and now the ball is in Holiday and Turners hands often enough to see what we have in them.

the flip side to this is if Bynum worked out we would instantly become a top 5 team in the east with youth and Upside and would be contending in 3 to 4 years

one way or another this trade puts us in a better spot 5 years from now then we where last year
    Good lord, can you please insert a period or 12? Hard as hell to read!
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    You guys are missing the big picture. Regardless of what happens to Bynum they were ready to literally give Iggy away to clear cap. If there's a remote chance of getting Bynum on the court its still a win. Worse case scenario he's trade bait for a contender, still a win.....

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Exactly its not like even if bynum never plays again or stakes out and beats it somewhere else that we didnt gain anything just having the ball in holidays hands more has proven to be a good thing
    What?? You are reaching at best. That's not a viable byproduct of trading Iggy. They could've simply just PUT the ball in Jrue's hands, they didn't have to trade Iggy to do that. Doug Collins is a player's coach- if he said to do it , they would have all fallen in line.

Bottom line, Sixers lost the trade in egregious fashion. I feel for Sixers fans, really I do, but at this juncture I have no clue how a justification for trading away Iggy, Harkless and Vucevic for essentially nothing can be made.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    I'm new here. And as you can tell from my name here, I am NOT a Bynum fan. And dude, you are totally wrong here. The Sixers gave up two extremely promising young stars. Vucivic is a great young Big, and comes from a great family history of Basketball. Bynum has 12 major surgeries on BOTH his knees before the Sixers traded for him. I mean they knew he was nothing more then Damaged goods. Giving Iggy away was no big deal. Bit two young HEALTHY Star potential players and Multiple draft picks ??? Sorry dude but that was a HUGE mistake by my Sixer team. Re-signing Bynum to anything more then a NBA Vet MINIMUM contract is suicide. I say just let the Fat, no kneed Bum walk away and let some other STUPID team sign him.
    A) We didn't trade any picks B) How in the hell are Nik Vucevic and Moe Harkless future stars?!?!?!

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    A) We didn't trade any picks B) How in the hell are Nik Vucevic and Moe Harkless future stars?!?!?!

cccFirst of all, I said Vucevic & Harkless are POTENTIAL Stars. And they are. And, BOTH are extremely more fundamentally founded in Basketball skills then Bynum is. Also, the Sixers DID trade away draft picks in that deal. I suggest you do a little research son before you try and post with the " BIG BOYS " here.

vCash
    Didn't the Sixers trade away Vucevic too?

This sucks...

15. 11-17-2012, 01:09 PM
    Reason
    unnecessary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    As a Lakers fan, you know that Bynum injured both his knees against memphis in 08 and 09, so why are you asking?
    But really, it was Lamar and Kobe those two times, we just happened to be playing Memphis both times.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast