Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What are we waiting for?

I see names and rumors all over baseball. This guy visiting here, this guy talking to this team, and a few signing contracts. I don't here the Rangers involved in a damn thing? What is going on? Any hot rumors that I havent heard? Am I missing something? Thoughts?

vCash
    Well first, some of the better moves this front office has made have been during the later time in the offseason. Secondly, most BIG name guys and trades don't start signing or going down until the winter meetings and thereafter.

This front office knows what they are doing. Texas has been linked to names like Upton, Greinke, Bourn, etc.

If you want to stay more connected, I suggest subscribing to the newberg report.

www.newbergreport.com

vCash
    LOL his last article is titled... PATIENCE

http://www.newbergreport.com/article.asp?articleid=2822

vCash
    Some of the best trades and signing are the ones that didn't happen at all.

vCash
    Lol. That's my problem I guess, no patience. I just think we should have already thrown an offer at Greinke,Hamilton, and Swisher. I do trust this front office wholeheartedly but with the last three seasons ending badly I want us to be more involved earlier. Thanks for the link.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogeyman View Post
    Lol. That's my problem I guess, no patience. I just think we should have already thrown an offer at Greinke,Hamilton, and Swisher. I do trust this front office wholeheartedly but with the last three seasons ending badly I want us to be more involved earlier. Thanks for the link.
    absolutely no reason for us to make offers yet, we would be setting the market and we dont want to do that....those guys more than likely wont be signed until the winter meetings anyway so what is the rush?.....and for trade talks, the Rangers have been involved a lot. They were pushing for an Olt-Simmons trade to flip Simmons for Upton, so it seems like they have legit interest in Upton and might figure out a way to get him.

vCash
    Id rather other teams rush to ruin their franchise than our team. Jays are screwed for the foreseeable future, JD will make the proper calculated decision/s that will work out for the best

vCash
    I do feel your pain, but agree with most others that patience is usually the best thing when it comes to players and millions of dollars. It is frustrating watching other deals get done, though, and I'm not particularly liking the way the rumors are developing around players we'd want.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Rangers will continue to express interest in Zack Greinke until he signs. Making a move prior to the Greinke decision is not in the cards.

Greinke's Agent Casey Close is using the Rangers & Dodgers to negotiate with the Angels. Artie Moreno and the Angels set up their offseason to retain Greinke (Declining Haren's option & jettisoning Ervin Santana).

Moreno does not want to loose his top target to his aggressive crosstown media market competitor (Dodgers) or his division rival (Rangers). That will force the Angels to pay a Kings Ransom (more Hamels than Cain) to retain the 29 year old right hander. That's what you do to your Division Rivals. You force them to compete on the field and in the offseason to retain top talent.

Almost conceded at this point, most assume Hamilton will depart and I expect that to occur. Filling his void via free agency entails spending on Nick Swisher, B.J. Upton or possibly Adam LaRoche. It will be interesting to see how the Rangers proceed. Do they have enough faith in B.J. Upton?

The other option is dealing one of the SS for a bonafide middle of the order bat. In a league sorely lacking SSs that can hit, Andrus or Profar would return a quality bat- Maybe Jay Bruce? Or more realistically: Justin Upton.

vCash
    I bumped this thread. Now I ask again, what the Hell are we waiting for?

vCash
    Teams and agents not trying to rip us off. KC and the Dodgers got absolutely raped with their acquisitions of Shields and Greinke.

vCash
    At this stage, I imagine we're waiting on a third team for an Upton deal.

If we can't find a Cleveland to include an Asdrubal Cabrera, then they'd be forced to deal an Andrus/Profar to obtain him or (more likely), then they'll get busy trying to sign an FA outfielder.

At this stage, I have no idea what they'll do about pitching. Maybe they're content in going with what we have and hoping for no injuries and that Perez is ready.

I still won't be shocked to see Pierzynski here next year and I imagine they'll need to acquire another veteran bullpen arm.

There's not really a rush for the guys that are left on the market now.
    Last edited by stipe1280; 12-10-2012 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    I think it's time to they get off their *****! Sign Hamilton, trade Elvis for Upton, Olt for Dickey, and throw some cash at Swisher.

Opening day lineup:

1. Kinsler 2nd
    2. Upton CF
    3. Hamilton LF
    4. Beltre 3RD
    5. Cruz DH
    6. Murphy RF
    7. Swisher 1st
    8. Profar SS
    9. ??????? C

Darvish, Dickey, Harrison, Ogundo, Holland

I would be pretty happy with that lineup! Thoughts?

vCash
    Yes, Profar looks like a can't miss prospect and everyone wants 2 trade Elvis for Upton. How do we know that Profar will live up to all the hype? I remember Ruben Mateo being a can't miss prospect and we didn't get Roger Clemens from TOR because we wouldn't include him. I believe all the hype too. I think he's going to be an absolute bad *** but you have to be careful what you wish for too.
    Don't take life too seriously, because you'll never get out alive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ticket P1 View Post
    Yes, Profar looks like a can't miss prospect and everyone wants 2 trade Elvis for Upton. How do we know that Profar will live up to all the hype? I remember Ruben Mateo being a can't miss prospect and we didn't get Roger Clemens from TOR because we wouldn't include him. I believe all the hype too. I think he's going to be an absolute bad *** but you have to be careful what you wish for too.
    Agreed. And if people don't remember Mateo, then all you have to do is look back at "DVD" and even Martin Perez (which might still turn out) as overly hyped prospects.

I'd add also that star middle infielders don't come around as often as star corner outfielders also and because of that Andrus/Profar have more value than an Upton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast