Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kuroda might prefer LA over NY

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
    Hiroki Kuroda tells friends his preference is to pitch in Southern California
    There might be a reason why the Los Angeles Angels have reportedly gotten involved in trying to sign free agent pitcher Hiroki Kuroda.

Previously, teams have been under the impression that Kuroda would either re-sign with the New York Yankees or return to his native Japan to finish his career. But Kuroda has told friends that his first preference is to pitch in Southern California, where his two daughters are attending elementary school.

That means the Dodgers and Angels could be the frontrunners to acquire the 37-year-old right-hander, who is coming off his finest season in the major leagues. Considering Kuroda spent his first four seasons in the United States with the Dodgers, they would have a presumptive edge.

Largely due to financial constraints while they were in bankruptcy, the Dodgers did not make Kuroda a formal offer when he was a free agent last winter -- though he was coming off a season with a 3.07 ERA and more than 200 innings pitched. He went to New York and went 16-11 with a 3.32 ERA.

A source with knowledge of the Dodgers' plans said Friday that Kuroda “seems to have many options.” Kuroda turned down the Yankees' one-year qualifying offer of $13.3 million, so that salary would seem to be the starting point for negotiations. The Dodgers would forfeit a draft pick to New York in order to sign Kuroda.

The fact he is reportedly seeking only a one-year deal would fit the Dodgers’ needs perfectly since, even if Chad Billingsley undergoes elbow surgery, he should be ready some time in 2014.
    that would suck to see him go back to another MLB team after pitching extremely well here. i'd rather see him go to japan if he's not coming back here.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...-hiroki-kuroda

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    It does make sense. He is closer to home in LA.

I think we're in some trouble if he leaves.

vCash
    Not too surprising. He seemed like he really wanted to stay there the other year. Not sure where the Yankees go if he leaves. Kind of a mess.

That said, if he does leave he may as well go to another MLB team instead of Japan. At least we would get a pick. Obviously the best situation is if he just signed back here though.

vCash
    this season is going to be interesting. i wouldn't be surprised if we were sellers at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It does make sense. He is closer to home in LA.

I think we're in some trouble if he leaves.
    I think we are screwed if he leaves.

If he leaves it either means the team goes with more scrap heap starters or Cashman makes a trade for a starter. Neither really makes me confident. Would it surprise anyone if Matt Garza was here next year and two of Sanchez, Williams, Austin, Heathcott was gone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I think we are screwed if he leaves.

If he leaves it either means the team goes with more scrap heap starters or Cashman makes a trade for a starter. Neither really makes me confident. Would it surprise anyone if Matt Garza was here next year and two of Sanchez, Williams, Austin, Heathcott was gone?
    Well, Greinke, Haren, Marcum, Jackson, and Sanchez will all be out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Well, Greinke, Haren, Marcum, Jackson, and Sanchez will all be out there.
    All decent options but all out of the teams price range. Unless Haren ends up getting a 1 year deal to prove he is healthy.

vCash
    Not too surprising. He seemed like he really wanted to stay there the other year. Not sure where the Yankees go if he leaves. Kind of a mess.

That said, if he does leave he may as well go to another MLB team instead of Japan. At least we would get a pick. Obviously the best situation is if he just signed back here though.
    This.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    That would suck. He would make the rotation that much better if he came back.

vCash
    Wait til feb and go bargain shopping!

F 2013...... We ain't winning anyway!

Or go nuts and sign Josh!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Remember back in the Spring when everyone wanted him gone?

vCash
    All decent options but all out of the teams price range . Unless Haren ends up getting a 1 year deal to prove he is healthy.
    When I pay 30$ to park to go to a game at the stadium, this entire thought process is dispicable
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    I find that attending any sporting event in person nowadays is a complete waste of time and money.

You can buy a new gigantic hi def tv for the same price as tixx and watch it for free.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Kuroda to angels gaining steam...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    hes not leaving, hes just trying to squeeze more money out of the yankees

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast