Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pitching Options if Kuroda Leaves

Just curious to see what you guys think are feasible pitching targets (Trade or FA) if Kuroda leaves for another team or Japan. The Dodgers seem like they'll pay whatever for whoever so this scenario is becoming more realistic. Doesn't look like Pineda could take his spot until July and even then Cashman won't know what he has in Pineda until May/June when he can see him pitch.

vCash
    Brandon McCarthy is definitely an undervalued starting pitcher on this year's free agent market. I would definitely look into what it takes to bring him in. He took a line drive to the face, but was so consistent in Oakland.

Edwin Jackson seemingly goes to the playoffs with every team he plays for and he pitches to the tune of 200 Innings almost every year. Yankees almost acquired him with Granderson, and I've always seen him as a potential Yankee.

Shaun Marcum has pitched in the AL East before and when healthy has posted very good numbers with a very solid WHIP a 3.50 ERA and double digit wins. He seems like the most likely guy to replace Kuroda. Just needs to stay healthy.

I would look at these three free agents. We would do well inserting either one into the rotation behind CC. Marcum is 31 while Jackson and McCarthy are both 29, so we get younger in the process. Wouldn't mind any of em.

Let Swisher, Kuroda, and Soriano leave now that they declined QO's. We would be loaded with draft picks.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 11-10-2012 at 09:58 AM.

vCash
    If Kuroda leaves, and its apparent he will because the Yanks aren't offering ANYONE a multi year deal until 2015, we would have:

CC
    Andy
    Hughes
    Nova
    Phelps

In 2013. Plus some scrap heap vets on one year deals that cash will scoop up late. Just like colon, Fred, Lowe, etc.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    ^you forgot about pineada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    If Kuroda leaves, and its apparent he will because the Yanks aren't offering ANYONE a multi year deal until 2015, we would have:

CC
    Andy
    Hughes
    Nova
    Phelps

In 2013. Plus some scrap heap vets on one year deals that cash will scoop up late. Just like colon, Fred, Lowe, etc.
    And that basically gives us a repeat of 2008. But cutting payroll will eff them shortterm.

vCash

CC
    Andy
    Hughes
    Nova
    Phelps

Blatant hyperbole.

1. Has Kuroda actually said he wants more than a 1 year deal? Source?

2. So we're not going to resign Swisher, or Cano, or Granderson, or Hughes?

vCash
    guys i think the Yankees will look at if Kuroda is not resigned due to past interest

Fransico Lirano- free agent 1yr deal

John Danks- trade candidate

Tommy Hanson- trade candidate

Yankees Offseason Wishlist

1. Explore trades to unload big contracts ( )
    2. Resign Robertson ( )
    3. Acquire a 2nd or 3rd basemen( )
    4. Explore deals/free agency to get a young SS ( )
    5. Take a page out of the Royals book and make a deep bullpen ( )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by netsgiantsyanks View Post
    ^you forgot about pineada.
    Hahaha. That's funny. Won't see him no more.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Blatant hyperbole.

1. Has Kuroda actually said he wants more than a 1 year deal? Source?

2. So we're not going to resign Swisher, or Cano, or Granderson, or Hughes?
    1- If he only wanted one year, he would have accepted a 33% raise.
    2- correct.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    2- correct.
    Unless he wanted more time to think about his options. We always play this game where we assume the only thing that motivates a player is money. We know that's not correct. We've seen examples of guys who take less to play where they want to play. Maybe he's not sure about where he wants to play, whether it be NY, Japan, LA, etc.

And you're insane if you don't think one of Hughes, Cano, Granderson, or Swisher gets signed to a multi year deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Unless he wanted more time to think about his options. We always play this game where we assume the only thing that motivates a player is money. We know that's not correct. We've seen examples of guys who take less to play where they want to play. Maybe he's not sure about where he wants to play, whether it be NY, Japan, LA, etc.

And you're insane if you don't think one of Hughes, Cano, Granderson, or Swisher gets signed to a multi year deal.
    Cano only. Nobody else has a chance.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    But, as we have written previously, younger free agents will be offered multiyear deals that the Yankees are hesitant to hand out this offseason because of Hal Steinbrenner's $189 million mandate for 2014. So the Yankees may still blow a team out of the water on a one-year deal, but, unless they deduct payroll from another area, they are unlikely to up it to two.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I dont think Kuroda is still out of the picture. 1 yr, 15 mil. I think he is worth it at that price.

I think the Yankees missed out when they didnt go after Darvish (but I understand) and Gio (if you going to trade Montero, why Pineda and not Gio?).

vCash
    2- correct.
    i calmost promise you that offer will be waiting for kuroda if he decides to come back., so i think you are reading to much into that
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    anyone counting on pineda is making a mistake. im not saying he wont be back, but cashman has to operate as if he wont be coming back at this point and deal with the problem of too many pitchers when he comes back.

that being said, i think they stand pat if kuroda leave. cc, hughs, andy, nova and phelps
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast