Gdubbz, Bwall, bucsfan25:

Check this out from CNN today:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/05/showbi...html?hpt=hp_c1

I AM the Old School

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFcpo_WXjsA

^^^^LOL
    Are yo co-signing that 81?
    He's barely even top 3 from NY? I put him at 5 only out of respect.
    The fact is he's got 2 great albums 1-3 good ones and the rest are wack. Nastradamus(the album, not the single which was aight) is horrible. Don't know how up on his alter-egos you are but Nasty Nas is the only one that was great, Nastradamus, God's Son, Street's Disciple, Escobar are all average or sub-par.

He just can't compete with Jay and no-one can compete with BIG and PAC.

Don't know how familiar you are with this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPIli-RcPsI
    He's lucky he had a career after that. Truth is he's the fakest great rapper of all-time, he ain't bout that life.

p.s. GOAT is my favorite debate ever it's all me n the homies do

We Want Winston

vCash
    Pac
    " Lord listen to me, God don't like ugly it was written/
    Ayo Nas, your whole damn style is bitten/
    You heard my melodies, read about my life in the papers/
    All the run-ins with authorites, felonious capers/
    Now you wanna live my life, so what's the answer Nas?/
    ****** that don't rhyme right, you've seen to many movies/"

We Want Winston

vCash
    My top 5 personally.

1. Game
    2. Eminem
    3. Pac
    4. Jay
    5. Wakka flakka

Jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk lmao

5. Nas
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    ^^^^you must be too young

if you were to actually go back and listen to their work in its entirety you would know.

jay and nas can never be ahead of b.i.g.

Notorious will forever be the King of NY. Jay and Nas will both say it til the day they die that B.I.G. is the best.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Nah, i give b.i.g. all the credit in the world, but personally not my top. Dont get me wrong he may be one of the best of all time, but personally not for me
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    Nah, I'm not co-signing that. I just saw it and knew that you guys were in an emcee debate. Thought I'd share it. I guess the writer had his opinion and the access to CNN to get it published. I tried to find out who he was and what his background is, but I couldn't come up with anything.

Do I like hip hop and have a list? Yes and kind of.

I'm 43. I was breakdancing to the Sugar Hill Gang on a cardboard box while your parents looked on in awe! But, life goes on. We can't stop time. We age. We are exposed to new things.

In high school, it was all about Rakim & the Beastie Boys. In my first 2 years of college (again, life takes you in strange directions--I'm actually set to graduate in 3 months)Public Enemy, Cypress Hill and A Tribe Called Quest were the shizz-night.

After that, it was hip-hop prime time--the mid 90's. I was a HUGE Redman fan. I was living in Philly and would go to house parties in West Philly where the Roots were playing in the basement (I bet you didn't know that they used to be called the Square Roots!) I started listening to a lot of other kinds of music at that time, too. I worked in a record store, interned at recording studios, and did sound and bartended at a rock club. My musical tastes started to broaden at that time. Hell, I was even a lead vocalist for a heavy metal band. We tried to do the metal/rap thing, but it sounded too much like Limp Biskit so we immediately stopped before we lost all respect for ourselves. We ended up sounding like Pantera. Our drummer was a huge Biggie fan. One of my Homies from West Phillie was crazy into Pac. I respected them lyrically, but never loved either one of them. It wasn't an indictment on them as artists, I was just into a bunch of other stuff. Gun to my head, Biggie over Pac. He entertains me more. I have all the respect in the world for lyrical skills. Emcees are poets. But, we all have different tastes as to what entertains us.

With that, here is a list, I guess.

1. Rakim. (It is against the law to have any other emcee on top of the list. It's just the eff-ing law.)
    2. KRS-ONE
    3. Black Thought (Roots)
    4. MCA (Beastie Boys) While the rest of the band was goofy and nonsensical, MCA was always focused on improving mankind.
    5. Chuck D. He hasn't done a damn thing since "Fight the Power", but I am politically aware and active today because of him. My eyes are open to the real world becase of Public Enemy's work form 88-92. That influence is still strong 20 years late.

So, you see, my list is not just about true lyrical superiority. Eminem, Pac, Biggie, HOVA, and NAS they all have respect from me. No one can do what they do. But, my list of 5 does for me what those 5 can't.

Just one old head's individual opinion.
    Last edited by 3tothe4th; 01-06-2013 at 12:50 PM.

I AM the Old School

vCash

We Want Winston

vCash
    Arrelious daughter was born today, not sure if anyone cares or not.

We Want Winston

vCash
    I came across this the other day.

You heard of Wax?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVIIUaWxvb8

I AM the Old School

vCash
    I feel like an ***hole. I was just bored on twitter earlier today and I think I pissed off Jason La Canfora.

His original tweet:

I still excpect the Jags to end up hiring SF OC Greg Roman, but will have to wait for him. In meatime they talk to Tucker, Jay Gruden
    My response:

@JasonLaCanfora Just like you expected the Bucs to hire Mike Sherman?
    His response:

@QuiKdRaH you mean the Mike Sherman who was interviewed twice for the job, nearly got it, and entered into contract talks w/Bucs? Yeah him

vCash
    Ha nice quick^

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Today is Josh and Doug's birthday...thats funny

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tothe4th View Post
    Nah, I'm not co-signing that. I just saw it and knew that you guys were in an emcee debate. Thought I'd share it. I guess the writer had his opinion and the access to CNN to get it published. I tried to find out who he was and what his background is, but I couldn't come up with anything.

Do I like hip hop and have a list? Yes and kind of.

I'm 43. I was breakdancing to the Sugar Hill Gang on a cardboard box while your parents looked on in awe! But, life goes on. We can't stop time. We age. We are exposed to new things.

In high school, it was all about Rakim & the Beastie Boys. In my first 2 years of college (again, life takes you in strange directions--I'm actually set to graduate in 3 months)Public Enemy, Cypress Hill and A Tribe Called Quest were the shizz-night.

After that, it was hip-hop prime time--the mid 90's. I was a HUGE Redman fan. I was living in Philly and would go to house parties in West Philly where the Roots were playing in the basement (I bet you didn't know that they used to be called the Square Roots!) I started listening to a lot of other kinds of music at that time, too. I worked in a record store, interned at recording studios, and did sound and bartended at a rock club. My musical tastes started to broaden at that time. Hell, I was even a lead vocalist for a heavy metal band. We tried to do the metal/rap thing, but it sounded too much like Limp Biskit so we immediately stopped before we lost all respect for ourselves. We ended up sounding like Pantera. Our drummer was a huge Biggie fan. One of my Homies from West Phillie was crazy into Pac. I respected them lyrically, but never loved either one of them. It wasn't an indictment on them as artists, I was just into a bunch of other stuff. Gun to my head, Biggie over Pac. He entertains me more. I have all the respect in the world for lyrical skills. Emcees are poets. But, we all have different tastes as to what entertains us.

With that, here is a list, I guess.

1. Rakim. (It is against the law to have any other emcee on top of the list. It's just the eff-ing law.)
    2. KRS-ONE
    3. Black Thought (Roots)
    4. MCA (Beastie Boys) While the rest of the band was goofy and nonsensical, MCA was always focused on improving mankind.
    5. Chuck D. He hasn't done a damn thing since "Fight the Power", but I am politically aware and active today because of him. My eyes are open to the real world becase of Public Enemy's work form 88-92. That influence is still strong 20 years late.

So, you see, my list is not just about true lyrical superiority. Eminem, Pac, Biggie, HOVA, and NAS they all have respect from me. No one can do what they do. But, my list of 5 does for me what those 5 can't.

Just one old head's individual opinion.
    Omg you better be 40 with that inept list
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucsfan25 View Post
    My top 5 personally.

1. Game
    2. Eminem
    3. Pac
    4. Jay
    5. Wakka flakka

Jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk lmao

5. Nas
    Lmao Game hahahahahahahahahahaha
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast