Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bucs

2 66.67%
  • Saints

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

10/5 - NFL Week 5 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) @ New Orleans Saints (1-3)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New Orleans Saints

Date: October 5th Time: 1:00 ET

Mike Glennon - Doug Martin - Vincent Jackson - Mike Evans - Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Drew Brees - Khiry Robinson - Marques Colston - Kenny Stills - Jimmy Graham

vCash
    For some reason we usually have success playing in their house kinda like they have success playing in our house. Right now they're struggling in all areas of football so hopefully we can capitalize on that. Let's pull out a win in NO!

vCash
    IDK...our secondary is suspect and im very wary that this is going to be the type of game that the New Orleans offense explodes...we have got to get to brees and be in his face ALL GAME. if we don't get pressure we will get blown out. period.
    Im officially on the the Mike Glennon Bandwagon. This is our guy.

vCash
    Our secondary really needs to step it up big time and hopefully we can contain a TE for once (cough Mark Barron). With Evans out 2-3 weeks I really wanna see us use ASJ a lot more from now on, someone needs to emerge with Evans out and VJAX banged up. But I do think we are catching them as a good time as ever also can we please establish a legit run game, glad Glennon played well but I hope he doesn't have to drop back 40 plus times again.

vCash
    Lovie refused to name Glennon the starter going forward when McCown is healthy. He was asked point blank early in his PC today.

I swear this is the twilight zone.

The only way we're doing anything this year is with Mike Glennon as our starter, anybody who believes differently is a complete moron.

I don't understand why he's backing McCown so damn hard. As someone else said, if McCown truly cares about more than himself he should support, backup Glennon and help Arroyo without being forced and causing all this drama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Lovie refused to name Glennon the starter going forward when McCown is healthy. He was asked point blank early in his PC today.

The only way we're doing anything this year is with Mike Glennon as our starter, anybody who believes differently is a complete moron.

I don't understand why he's backing McCown so damn hard. As someone else said, if McCown truly cares about more than himself he should support, backup Glennon and help Arroyo without being forced and causing all this drama
    At least withhold judgement until Mccown is actually able to come back. If he lets him start again, I will be pissed but he may know he has plenty of time and can say Glennon has won the job Once Mccown can physically come back.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I'm ok with Lovie not answering the media yet. He will most likely talk to the QBs this week, and come up with a game plan. Schiano pulled that crap where he went behind players back. I trust Lovie to talk to the players first then inform us. Just like the OC thing. I don't think that it was messed up. The media should know after the team knows for sure.

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash

Yes BWS, exactly!! We didn't sign McCown because he was an elite QB nor did we sign him as our franchise QB. We signed McCown because Lovie wanted an efficient game manager and he didn't think Glennon was ready. The problem is that we already had a younger and much better version of McCown in Glennon. Glennon gets the ball out of his hands, has good accuracy, makes good decisions, doesn't play with "happy feet", and doesn't throw bad/costly INTs. McCown feels the slightest bit of pressure and he starts running around trying to force something to happen and throws a head-shaker INT. Glennon is poised and will throw a strike while taking a hit. The question is what kind of man is Lovie. I hope he's not one of those guys that despite the overwhelming evidence will stand his ground and try to show everybody he's right. I think he promised McCown the starting job and he just wants to look noncommittal for McCown's sake but there's no way Glennon loses the starting job now unless he gets injured or just stinks up the joint.

vCash
    I think it sends a bad message to current and future players. The right move is to name Glennon the starter and stop being so weak about the whole situation.

Let me add this, if McCown starts again with Glennon being healthy, I will be done ever supporting Lovie Smith. We NEED to see what Glennon can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Our secondary really needs to step it up big time and hopefully we can contain a TE for once (cough Mark Barron). With Evans out 2-3 weeks I really wanna see us use ASJ a lot more from now on, someone needs to emerge with Evans out and VJAX banged up. But I do think we are catching them as a good time as ever also can we please establish a legit run game, glad Glennon played well but I hope he doesn't have to drop back 40 plus times again.
    I don't completely agree with this. I understand that we'll want to have long extended drives to keep Brees off the field, especially considering our horrid pass defense. And yes I'm having visions of reliving the Falcons nightmare thinking about Brees picking us apart. But the Saints defense is not good right now and honestly I'd rather put the game on Glennon's arm than Doug Martin. I loved the way we opened up our offense in the second half (steelers game) and let Glennon throw the ball all over the field. I understand we're not going to have Evans but with Murphy filling in I still like our chances throwing the ball. This is a passing league and we need to get with the program and start developing an identity of a passing team. If we have success in the passing game and we force teams to RESPECT and scheme against our passing game it will open up the running game big time!!!!
    Last edited by tbomlad; 09-29-2014 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    ^^that goes against everything Lovie stands for as a hc, sounds great but will never happen with lovie.

vCash
    ^^that goes against everything Lovie stands for as a hc, sounds great but will never happen with lovie.
    You know I'm not sure. I think if he sees the success of that second half continue and it's obviously what's working I think EVEN Lovie will know what's right. He had a bad Rex Grossman in Chicago who couldn't have success throwing the ball if the defense played on their knees. And if he can't adjust then he's gone because the wins will not be there.

vCash
    I think it sends a bad message to current and future players. The right move is to name Glennon the starter and stop being so weak about the whole situation.

Let me add this, if McCown starts again with Glennon being healthy, I will be done ever supporting Lovie Smith. We NEED to see what Glennon can do.
    I agree. If I see McCown start another game while glennon is performing well, I will be calling for Smith's head. He needs to stop being stubborn. he needs to stick with glennon...if he cares about his job.
    Im officially on the the Mike Glennon Bandwagon. This is our guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbomlad View Post
    You know I'm not sure. I think if he sees the success of that second half continue and it's obviously what's working I think EVEN Lovie will know what's right. He had a bad Rex Grossman in Chicago who couldn't have success throwing the ball if the defense played on their knees. And if he can't adjust then he's gone because the wins will not be there.
    His style is and has always been run the football and play defense. He has said 10+ times, we're not gonna change who we are, when talking about zone/cover 2 defense and general philosophy.

I don't think you will ever see him trying to throw 40+ times. He wants a 60/40 run/pass split.

vCash
    His style is and has always been run the football and play defense. He has said 10+ times, we're not gonna change who we are, when talking about zone/cover 2 defense and general philosophy.

I don't think you will ever see him trying to throw 40+ times. He wants a 60/40 run/pass split.
    I understand what you're saying but I think you're putting a football coach in a corner and even making up an equation of pass to run that Lovie has never said. The bottom line is that it's up to Glennon not to give Lovie a choice. It's like when Dungy was hired in Indianapolis and Manning told Dungy "that he can throw his philosophy out the window. We don't do that here." Lovie is not stupid. I hope that we don't come out and resort back to our conservative play calling against the Saints.
    Last edited by tbomlad; 09-29-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast