Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Buccaneers Claim TE Tim Wright (off waivers)

Tim Wright is a Buccaneer again.

Wright, the tight end sent to New England in last year’s trade that brought Logan Mankins to Tampa Bay, is now back with the Buccaneers. The Patriots waived Wright yesterday, and the Bucs claimed Wright off waivers today.

The Bucs shipped Wright and a fourth-round draft pick to New England in August to acquire Mankins, who started all 16 games last year and is expected to start in Tampa again this year. Now he’ll share a huddle with Wright, who caught 26 passes for 259 yards and six touchdowns last season.

As a rookie in 2013, Wright was second on the Buccaneers with 54 catches for 571 yards and five touchdowns. Tampa would love to see that kind of production from him again this year.
    PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...from-patriots/
    Last edited by Gdubbz; 06-12-2015 at 04:32 PM.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I'm happy hes back. He provides a great weapon that can line up pretty much anywhere on the field. We basically won that trade with New England. That doesn't happen all that often lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    I'm happy hes back. He provides a great weapon that can line up pretty much anywhere on the field. We basically won that trade with New England. That doesn't happen all that often lol.
    We won a trade with NE? Holy crap miracles do happen. Don't tell Schiano lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    Great weapon? LMAO

He was average. Defenses did not focus on him at all, and actually focused elsewhere leaving him with soft coverage.

vCash
    You guys do know we were the worst team in the league and they won the Super Bowl.

Not to mention they got a stud DE Trey Flowers with that 4th round pick of ours, who will play more for them than Mankins or Wright will for us.

vCash
    You never win a trade with NE...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Great weapon? LMAO

He was average. Defenses did not focus on him at all, and actually focused elsewhere leaving him with soft coverage.
    So between Evans and VJ he wouldnt see soft coverage? Who cares how he gets the ball the guy averages 10 ypc and 5.5 TDs a year. Not to mention he played 32/32 games. Why cant him and ASJ coexist in this offense dude? youre butt hurt we got a little bit better...

vCash
    I'm happy we got him back. Was pretty mad when we traded him.

vCash
    I'm excited to see what he can do with a Jameis throwing him the rock here. Adding yet another tool to the pot that Jameis can make plays with.

Plus if ASJ goes down again I feel better with him stepping up than Brandon "Slow Mo" Myers.

vCash
    I'm not sold that he makes the roster week 1. Carrying 4 TEs seems unlikely IMO, he would have to beat out Myers or Stocker, who the staff like and can do the run blocking and pass protection.

He doesn't play a lot of special teams. Only 13% of Special Teams plays for NE last year and he can't block. He's a one trick pony and we already have a better one ASJ.

We will see.

vCash
    Agree, G!

Happy he's back. Timmy always had my support, he'll be a weapon in this offense and be a security blanket for us.

All of our TE's were dropping like flies last season in which he had to sign guys right off the streets.. You know we can't count on Luke Stocker to have a heathy season and ASJ looked soft last year. Hopefully #87 has a bounce back year and stays healthy. Brandon Myers will play his role for us (Lovie seems to have a lot of confidence in him)

This waiver pick up made to much sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet:30045625
    I'm not sold that he makes the roster week 1. Carrying 4 TEs seems unlikely IMO, he would have to beat out Myers or Stocker, who the staff like and can do the run blocking and pass protection.

He doesn't play a lot of special teams. Only 13% of Special Teams plays for NE last year and he can't block. He's a one trick pony and we already have a better one ASJ.

We will see.
    And the alternative is? 3 guys who have done squat in the NFL? And that includes the beloved ASJ. There is nothing wrong with a pure pass catching tight end especially when that trait is scarce at best among the current group. Agree or disagree, I would be willing to bet he makes roster. Do I smell a sig bet?
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Runs good routes. Has solid hands. Is reliable.. koetter likes his tight ends, thats very obvious. This pick up made too much sense for us.

We benefitted greatly from the deal for mankins. Look at him this yr. Yea hes 32-33, but hes in the best shape of his life and is running gassers with all the lineman after practice. I feel a pro bowl return for him.

Anyway, tim wright will make the team. I believe he will end up playing a lot actually, simply because of what koetter wants to to. I gave up on stocker 2 seasons ago and myer still has yet to show me anything.

I cant believe some of you arnt excited about wright. Jameis winston will make every pass catcher we have, better.
    Last edited by TRUETAMPAFAN; 06-16-2015 at 12:38 AM.

vCash
    Bwall, i do agree that for the most part, wright is a one trick pony...however, blocking isnt what the bucs terribly need. Outside of asj, we have no real receiving threat at tight end.

Koetter loves utilizing te's, you know this. Your right, wright isnt great at blocking but he can be a weapon as our number 2 te and i wonder, with more reps with winston, if wright could maybe flirt with 10 tds. IMO, he has enogh blocking ability to do a crack block and chop block.

Hes not gronkowski, jimmy graham, or vernon davis, but he can be an effective receiving threat out of our #2 te. That has value, especially with a rookie qb.
    Last edited by TRUETAMPAFAN; 06-16-2015 at 01:32 AM.

vCash
    @Andrews Nah, I'm not sure he wont, I'm def. not sure he will either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast