Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dashon Goldson Hires Tackling Coach

From Yahoo:

Goldson plans to work with tackling guru Bobby Hosea, owner of Train 'Em Up Academy, this offseason in hopes of adjusting to the new world of player safety.

"I said this can’t be cool because every time I hit somebody I’m getting a fine," Goldson said. "At that point, I realized I have to figure something out."

Sure, it seems like Goldson is exaggerating when he says “every time.” From his point of view, it must seem that way.

Hosea, who played at UCLA, coached Goldson in Pop Warner football, and developed tackling techniques to prevent injuries to the hitter and recipient. Hosea believes by returning to basics, Goldson can still be a fearsome tackler, but without the numerous fines.

"When we get together, we’re going to break it down," Hosea said. "We’re going to do film study on tackling, and we’re going to look at all these flags, and we’re going to break it down. Dashon was the best tackler you’ve ever seen in high school … something happened in the last couple of years when he started dropping his hat. I haven’t seen all of them [illegal hits]. I saw a couple.

"Guys are going to have to respect me if they come across that middle, regardless," Goldson said. "I will have to deal with the rest of that stuff afterwards. At the same time, you got to be smart about it. I’m going to continue to be a hard hitter. I don’t know if that can ever be taken away from you. They can fine me all they want and put me out there to look bad, but as long as I’m playing football in the NFL, I’m going to give a team what I have, which is trying to win a game every week."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...144550073.html

Thoughts?

vCash
    We all know Dashon got jipped a lot this last season. I'm happy hes trying to become a more accurate hitter, but the NFL rules are super soft now. I still worry he'll be screwed over once again this year. The refs have a target on Dashon's back to throw their flags at.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Looks like he's getting a head start before Lovie's tackling drills in camp

Like G said, it's a soft *** league now. I believe Goldson can/will adapt and overcome these flag football rules that are in place.

What's crazy about today's NFL is that they essentially replaced concussion hits with cheap shots (legs) that end careers or seasons.

Soon the pussification will be complete when they outlaw hard tackling period

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucc4life View Post

Like G said, it's a soft *** league now. I believe Goldson can/will adapt and overcome these flag football rules that are in place.

What's crazy about today's NFL is that they essentially replaced concussion hits with cheap shots (legs) that end careers or seasons.

Yep and soon it will be the NFFL - National Flag Football League...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucc4life View Post

lol this made me laugh buc4life. I was having a bad day then i read this and it made me cheer up a little. Thank you buc4life.

yea, im happy that hes doing this. However i really dont get it.

Your an NFL player, how do you not know how to tackle? this has always baffled me. you keep your head up, stay behind your pads, bring your arms and hips with you and accelerate your feet on contact. all these guys that wanna launch themselves to tackle are not only losing momentum, but are risking serious injury.

all these hits that have made the nfl so great can still be done. you know, the ones that we can hear through the stadium, they can still happen, you just have to use the proper technique. idk, i just feel like all these rule changes are dumb and they need to just enforce the technique of tackling.
    The Big Bucs

vCash
    It can't hurt. Some of the penalties/fines he got last year were a damn joke though.

vCash

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith