Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Favorite Non-Bucs?

Figured we could use some topics to just talk about and BS.

3 players, all Non-Bucs, Historic, Current, Rookie. List those guys as well as an explanation of why, discuss other peoples favorites, etc.

I will start

Historic: Randy Moss - His rookie season was the first or second year I paid attention to football. I remember seeing him put the hand up on people, and it was over, nothing they could do. It was just so ****ing impressive to me as a young kid, his size, speed, hands. I wasn't really aware of his "character issues" at the time and just loved the way he played the game. I tried not to follow him in Oakland, he made it easy for me lol. Ive never really felt much about NEP but when he joined I couldn't help but root for him. I wanted to see him get his ring. He didn't but he put up the best season and WR has ever had in the history of the game. That year for me cemented why he is my pick here.

Current: Sammy Watkins - Must be something about WRs lmao but the first time I saw Sammy play in college I knew he was going to be one of the best WRs in the NFL. He had the "it" factor. For a kid that young, in that program, he wasn't bothered one bit. He's also a very nice person with his helmet off, always smiling, happy guy, friends with everybody. I wanted him to be a Buc in the worst way but Mike is a hell of a WR himself and isn't far behind Sammy in talent.

Rookie: Yall know where Im going with this one. TODD MOTHER****ING GURLEY. This dude ran like Jim Brown at Georgia. Legitimately saw him open more holes than his entire offensive line. I remember the first time seeing him take a kick return for a TD, reminded me of Dez Bryant returning punts, almost unfair to the opponent.

My All-Time fav. Bucs are defensive players for those that think I'm all about offense FYI.

vCash
    Historic: Barry Sanders
    Best player on a crap team for a lot of years. He was able to make guys miss with the littlest moves and make it look easy. He had no offensive line, no QB, and no ProBowl FB but is #2 on the rushing list. He should be #1 but his HC screwed him over.

Current: Andrew Luck
    The guy stepped into a big shadow known as Manning and has made a name for himself. Even though he looks like the worlds biggest Hobbit with that neck beard he's still good lol.

Rookie: Todd Gurly
    As a Gators fan I saw him rip our defense to shreds and break our hearts for years. I respect the he11 out of him. I believe he's gonna have a great career in this league.

vCash
    @5 nice list...Barry Sanders is a great one. He's one of the very few that is an All-Time great NFL and college player.

Luck is definitely super impressive. The highest expectations ever and he not only met them but surpassed them. He will win Super Bowls and be in Canton. Definition of All-American.

vCash
    Historic: Jerry Rice/Joe Montana
    I know having two people is kinda cheating but in all fairness its hard to talk about one without the other, I was a big 49ers fan when i was a kid mainly because of Montana to Rice, I was so heartbroken when Montana was traded to the Chiefs. I cant tell you how much time i put into playing the niners on techmo on the nes it was Montana to Rice all day! lol

Current: Phillip Rivers
    Love his swagger and his game he kinda throws wonky and screams and yells but i love it, I think hes been very underrated for his career some of his accomplishments really go unnoticed such as playing in the afc championship game with a torn acl thats gutsy as hell. Did you know hes got 7 freaking kids thats craziness. Fun fact I have drafted Rivers in my fantasy draft every year since he took over for Drew Brees.

Rookie: Ameer Abdullah
    I watch allot of Nebraska games (Thus my love of our Kenny Bell pick) This guy was a absolute beast and i think he could be a perfect fit for the Lions as there new Reggie Bush kinda player, he can be explosive as hell and could be super fun to watch in that offense. I dont know if he will ever be a 3 down back back but i think he has the chops for it just needs the team to give him the shot.

fyi if your wondering i became a bucs fan the first time i saw Mike Alstott bulldoze a guy, hes my fav player all time so happy hes going into the ring this season i wish i could go to that game and rock out my Alstott jersey.

vCash
    Historic: Shaun Alexander don't know if he really counts as "historic" but I was always a huge fan of his, fantasy monster, good guy, looks like he could be a Barber brother, and won me my first fantasy championship. Also was almost a Seahawks fan cause of him.

Current: GRONK just love the dude wish he was on the Bucs so freaking bad. Tough dude not afraid to go over the middle, hands down the best TE in the league, have won many fantasy games cause of the Gronk.

Rookie: Amari Cooper watched a fair amount of Bama games and the dude is a beast, wish him luck in Oakland hope him and Carr have a great relationship for years to come.

vCash
    I became a Bucs fan because when I was little and saw our helmet and just had to root for that team haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    Historic: Barry Sanders
    Best player on a crap team for a lot of years. He was able to make guys miss with the littlest moves and make it look easy. He had no offensive line, no QB, and no ProBowl FB but is #2 on the rushing list. He should be #1 but his HC screwed him over.

Current: Andrew Luck
    The guy stepped into a big shadow known as Manning and has made a name for himself. Even though he looks like the worlds biggest Hobbit with that neck beard he's still good lol.

Rookie: Todd Gurly
    As a Gators fan I saw him rip our defense to shreds and break our hearts for years. I respect the he11 out of him. I believe he's gonna have a great career in this league.

I am right with you on this dude. Barry is my all time fav and was just a whole different breed of RB who didnt get forced out of the NFL, so much respect for that.

Andrew Luck is just one of the best players and he’s only 25, Colts are probably my AFC team just because of him, he really elevated them after losing Manning which says a lot (hope we can get a portion of that from JW). Another player I love right now is mf’n Odell Beckham Junior....I am a big soccer guy and he could have played for the USA if he stuck with it, there is nothing he cant do and is one of the best athletes on the planet.

I am right with you with Gurley too but I am going to branch out and say Dorial Green Beckham. He has never really been let loose yet and I think he is going to be a nightmare if he can keep himself out of trouble. Really excited to see what he can do with Mariota.

vCash
    Historic: Walter Payton. Do I really need to say more than that? I've been in the Chicago area all my life, so I got to see a good amount of Bears games back in the day. Sweetness was the perfect back in my opinion. He was fast, elusive, powerful. He could run around you, run passed you, or run over you. He was also a very good receiver (though they didn't throw to backs much then) and an amazing blocker. He did it all and he was fun as hell to watch. Plus he was a good human...

Current: JJ Watt. I'm also a Badgers fan, so this was kind of easy for me. Strength, speed, and toughness. The guy gets after it with his high motor too. Just an absolute beast and fun to watch. 20 sacks twice in 4 pro seasons is just insane.

Rookie: Melvin Gordon. Shocking based on the above, right? Everyone knows that Gurley is the best back of this class, but from watching Gordon, I think he can be a perfect fit next to Rivers in SD. He is very fluid and makes pretty good decisions, though he may bounce it outside a bit too much. But he has the strength, speed, and agility needed. Obviously my opinion is biased, but I think Gordon can be solid, if not an outstanding back in this league.

vCash
    Historic- Larry Allen, one of the strongest men to play in the NFL he was a monster all the way till he retired. At 6'3 he was low to the ground that guys couldn't get under him and at 325lns he was so big and strong that he would wear defenders out. The best interior offensive lineman to play the game.

Current- Joe Thomas, plays with great technique and has an attitude when he plays. Thomas wants to be the best and you can see that when he plays. It's just to bad he is being wasted With the browns.

Rookie- Vic Beasley, he was a dominate pass rusher in college and showed everyone wrong at the combine. I believe he will be something special.

vCash
    Historic: Sean Taylor
    I watched most of his career. He struck fear into his opponent. That intimidation mixed with shear power was something I enjoyed watching every week.

Current: Emmanuel Sanders
    Sanders is one of my fav players in the league. Unbelievable hands, and great rout runner. Always fun to watch.

Rookie: Duke Johnson
    Why did he have to go to Cleveland!!??? Now he'll probably fade into obscurity lol... No, but I'm a huge fan of the kid. Watched him all through college and there is nothing bad I can say about the guy. He was the single handed reason Miami won a lot of games last year.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    For historic I'd probably add (if we can lol) Steven Atwater S Denver Broncos. He was a hard hitter that would lay the wood down on anyone and everyone. His hit on Christian Akoiya was the best hit I'd ever seen. Plus with Atwater being mic'd up it added to it. Knocked Christian out and out of football lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    For historic I'd probably add (if we can lol) Steven Atwater S Denver Broncos. He was a hard hitter that would lay the wood down on anyone and everyone. His hit on Christian Akoiya was the best hit I'd ever seen. Plus with Atwater being mic'd up it added to it. Knocked Christian out and out of football lol.
    Until you saw that Clowney hit vs Michigan. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Until you saw that Clowney hit vs Michigan. Lol
    That was a great hit! But Akoiyay was a bruiser who bowled over everyone. That hit knocked Christian out of the NFL. He wasn't the Nigerian nightmare anymore lol.

vCash
    Historic: Deion Sanders - One of the best shutdown corners of all time, not to mention an electric return man that was a threat to score every single time. He was the reason why I started watching football in the late 90's.

Current: Odell Beckham Jr.
    This stud helped me reclaim the PSD fantasy championship. It's going to be so fun watching OBJ dominate for the next decade.

Here is a sweet clip of him embarrassing Mark Barron: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/...for-80-yard-td

Rookie: Danny Shelton
    This 340 lb monster was so fun to watch for Washington. He dominated last year, finishing with over 90 tackles, 6.5 TFL, and 9 sacks. I don't see any reason why he can't be the next Haloti Ngata for the Browns. His former teammate Marcus Peters will be a good one, too.
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 05-21-2015 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    Let's keep this going. To make things interesting, who is your:

Least favorite Buc of all time?
    Least favorite current Buc?
    Least favorite current NFL player?
    Least favorite NFL player of all time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast