Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Buccaneers Sign WR Louis Murphy

a former prep star in Clearwater who most recently suited up for the New York Giants, has signed a one-year deal with the Buccaneers as an unrestricted free agent
    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/artic...7-a1d75d1a55be

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Nice depth signing in a position that we desperately need more depth, Interesting to see if playing at home again might light a fire under him. But even still hes a 3rd or 4th WR at best like the signing though wanted him a few years ago. So if we get Watkins/Evans and keep MW to go along with Jackson and Murphy with Demps hopefully maybe becoming a Percy Harvin clone. I am extremely happy with our WR's. Now shore up that OLine

vCash
    I like the signing, Murphy is easily our 3rd best wr now. Not to mention the fact that he's like 6'2 and runs a 4.3

vCash
    I would put a 90% chance on our first 3 rounds ending of with picking 3 of the following 4 players/positions.... QB, WR, Pass rusher, and OT. Also don't be surprised to see us grab a F'S if there is a draft steal available. If Goldston does not have a monster season, I see them moving towards a cheaper option

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I would put a 90% chance on our first 3 rounds ending of with picking 3 of the following 4 players/positions.... QB, WR, Pass rusher, and OT. Also don't be surprised to see us grab a F'S if there is a draft steal available. If Goldston does not have a monster season, I see them moving towards a cheaper option
    I would disagree and say that

WR - Most likely Evans.
    DE/DL - Pass rusher
    OL - Interior

I think with our new Defense and offense styles. These are the three positions of concern.

vCash
    Nothing special, he's a solid #4 receiver. He pretty much replaces T.Underwood as a deep threat, but he's a way better blocker in open space.. Good depth all in all.

vCash
    Dude has 9 career TDs, Mikes done that or better in 2 of his 4 seasons.

37 yards receiving last year with NYG (who were WR needy and looking for someone to step up)

and I saw him with Carolina he was not impressive there, I saw less of him in Oakland.

Im worried it could be Kevin Ogletree all over again....if you expect production out of this guy at the 3 spot(or god forbid #2) youre going to be disappointed...especially with an old Josh McCown at QB, McCown isn't capable enough to make Louis Murphy any better than he is, and Murphy surely wont make McCowns life much easier.
    If its just a bottom of the roster WR that's fine

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Dude has 9 career TDs, Mikes done that or better in 2 of his 4 seasons.

37 yards receiving last year with NYG (who were WR needy and looking for someone to step up)

and I saw him with Carolina he was not impressive there, I saw less of him in Oakland.

Im worried it could be Kevin Ogletree all over again....if you expect production out of this guy at the 3 spot(or god forbid #2) youre going to be disappointed...especially with an old Josh McCown at QB, McCown isn't capable enough to make Louis Murphy any better than he is, and Murphy surely wont make McCowns life much easier.
    If its just a bottom of the roster WR that's fine
    I think its all depth, I dont think this staff will try and make him a starter like our old staff did with Underwood. He's been around and can be a flyer if we need a deep threat. He was fast at one point. I would really liek to see what we do with Demps too. Tedford really likes to get the RBs involved in anyway possible. He also made Jahvid Best look like an All Star at Cal too. He knows how to get the playmakers the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I-4_Fan View Post
    I would disagree and say that

WR - Most likely Evans.
    DE/DL - Pass rusher
    OL - Interior

I think with our new Defense and offense styles. These are the three positions of concern.
    You repeated me exactly and just left out QB.