vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisB:24359547
    Get a ****ing arbitrator already!
    This

vCash
    This league is a god dam joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    How are the players in any way being ridiculous? Because they refuse to concede a couple of key issues? Whereas the owners refuse to concede anything at all. You people need to realize, the owners are going to win these negotiations no matter what. The players will not win, and they are not trying to win, they are just trying to keep the loss to a bearable level. It's simply a matter of how much the owners want to win by, and by the way negotiations have gone so far, they are looking for a home run. If you think the players are being ridiculous for actually taking a stand and refusing to be bent over, you might need to re-evaluate the way you think.
    Hey buddy, Money talks...******** walks!

Owners got the $$$, take a financial risk with their own money for profit. They pay the players millions of dollars and if the owner ends up losing money.... they still get payed.

If the players are so greedy they can go play in the KHL where they will get payed more...

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
    Hey buddy, Money talks...******** walks!

Owners got the $$$, take a financial risk with their own money for profit. They pay the players millions of dollars and if the owner ends up losing money.... they still get payed.

If the players are so greedy they can go play in the KHL where they will get payed more...
    Both sides are greedy so I don't think that's the issue.

The issue is mismanagement. Everything about the way the NHL has run this lockout (1 of 3 on Bettman's watch) has been botched. It's a PR disaster for the league because what the players are saying is actually plausible: Bettman is a major idiot, a contract IS a contract, and the league mismanaged the cap they won in the last lockout. It's actually unbelievable how many times the owners want to **** up and come back saying, could you please make the CBA more idiot proof for us? Otherwise, we'll lock you out for a few years. None of it makes any sense. I just wish the league would fold and another would start up. This has become a tired joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Both sides are greedy so I don't think that's the issue.

The issue is mismanagement. Everything about the way the NHL has run this lockout (1 of 3 on Bettman's watch) has been botched. It's a PR disaster for the league because what the players are saying is actually plausible: Bettman is a major idiot, a contract IS a contract, and the league mismanaged the cap they won in the last lockout. It's actually unbelievable how many times the owners want to **** up and come back saying, could you please make the CBA more idiot proof for us? Otherwise, we'll lock you out for a few years. None of it makes any sense. I just wish the league would fold and another would start up. This has become a tired joke.
    I do agree, the league needs new management asap. After the first lockout I lost a lot of interest in Hockey, it slowly got built back up but I didn't feel like the NHL cared about its fans.

Now this is a second huge blow to me, I don't know how I'll feel about watching my ****** leafs after a stupid lock out like this.

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    I just don't think the NHL is worth defending. Let it die.

vCash
    If ownership is stupid enough to let Bettman run the league into the ground, let the damn thing die.

Hockey won't die. It'll come back if there's a market. If not, sayonara. An idiot ran it into the ground because he didn't understand it.

It'll still be played in every location that hockey BELONGS in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    If ownership is stupid enough to let Bettman run the league into the ground, let the damn thing die.

Hockey won't die. It'll come back if there's a market. If not, sayonara. An idiot ran it into the ground because he didn't understand it.

It'll still be played in every location that hockey BELONGS in.

Pretty much this.

vCash
    Talks to resume tomorrow. Could it be that the Bettman is a member of PSD and reads our posts?

vCash
    and i suggest bettman and the NHLPA go **** themselves
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Nothing will get done they are locked in this for the long haul

vCash
    its never going to end. this is a ƒ****** joke
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Because neither side is doing anything. Neither side has made a single important concession.

It's both sides. People need to realize that. The players are just as greedy as the owners. They're not the "little guy" in any sense.

The fact that either side thinks a two week "break" of not talking, while they're barely talking as is, is the problem. One side needs to say no to that. In the end, they'll both say it's a good idea.

If this ends in a year being lost, you can bet your *** the players are just to blame as the owners.
    fukken lol what is this relativism-level horseshit argument? The players have gone out of their ****ing way to make concessions but because the owners won't get 100% what they want, they're not agreeing. The owners are acting like petulant 10 year olds that are mad they're getting 80% of what they want.

Bettman saying "let's take a two week break" is literally him saying "let's see how high and mighty y'all are after you miss another paycheck, SUCKERS". The owners are scum and they're getting frantic that the PA finally has a good negotiator that isn't just collapsing like the last time.

How's this for a major concession? The players agreed to go to 50/50 immediately, but the owners still ****ing balked because GOD FORBID THEY HONOR THEY'RE ****ING CONTRACTS.

he important thing to remember though is it's just about 8 owners forcing this ****. MOst of the other owners are really not as involved as the scum driving this whole thing.

vCash
    Three ****ing lockouts under moleman. Three. Seriously the worst commissioner in sports history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast