Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2013 FA Signings

I know this may be a bit premature, but looking at the class of FA's out there, who would you like to see targeted? (Assuming there isn't a better option in the draft.)
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    A couple names that pop out at me are Long, Clady & Alberts. IMO they need to kick Herremans back in to guard and get one of these guys, especially with Peters future an uncertainty. Although, I'm sure 2/3 of these guys won't even sniff FA.

Also, I can see a WR coming in depending on who's coaching here next year. If say McDaniels gets the job I can see them going after Amendola to play the Welker type role. Bowe would obviously be the sexy pick, too.
    Last edited by 25YrsNcounting; 11-16-2012 at 03:30 PM.

vCash
    WR - Wouldn't mind seeing us go after Bowe, of course. Josh Cribbs could be an option here too, see return game.

RB - Maybe Danny Woodhead, more so for his return abilities (a definite weakness for this team)

TE - Tony G. Opposite of Celek could lead to great production from both. Jared Cook could be an option too.

OL - Brandon Moore, terrific guard. Andy Levitre, terrific guard as well. Sebastian Vollmer would look really good at RT as well.

DL - Get rid of Babin and bring in a guy like Cliff Avril. Randy Starks would also look good up the middle on the dline. I also love me some Michael Johnson in Cinci, if the money looks good. Glen Dorsey for cheap would look good in the middle too.

LB - None

DB - Love a value with Quinten Jammer here.

S - Goldson or Jarius Byrd please.

Sorry, just bored today.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Let's try building through the draft for the most part. ray:

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    I think too many free agents is what is costing Reid his job. The guys they draft vs bringing in free agents is all about the heart they bring to the team....Listening to fans on the radio who talk about guys who should go....Asomougha, Vick, Jenkins, DRC, Babin...they all have one thing in common....they were free agents signed to this team. Bringing in younger talent allows the coaching staff to mold the players in the system of the team....I think free agents don't adapt to schemes as well...and want the scheme to build around their strengths...which doesn't happen with Reid and his staff...they're stubborn and are reluctant to change gameplans...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    DL - Get rid of Babin and bring in a guy like Cliff Avril.
    why would you get rid of one turd and bring in another. Avril sucks he had one decent year and that was last year and then he tried to cash in on the offseason and was a hold out. Avril is a pass rush person only he can't stop the run and he never commands the double team. Hell he was getting soloed blocked by Davis during the 49ers game. One play was so bad Davis pushed him all the way to the sideline by himself. Yeah this guy you want is so awesome.

vCash
    Anyone that can upgrade the o-line and S positions.

vCash
    Byrd is a FA?? Gtfo if he is then get him asap. Screw Nate Allen

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Lol just goes to show how much u read my thread I posted eagles4lyfe. The thread that u posted in......I mentioned going hard after Byrd in FA

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    If we need help on the line depending on how Kelly finishes the year we need to go out and get a LEGIT LT. *IMO mover Todd H back to guard, he was a beast there and even for the money hes making thats fine. *This all weighs in on how Peters health is of coure but we may need a LT and a RT. *Some big names out there......Jake Long - Duane Brown - Sebastion Vollmer - Ryan Clady - Jermon Bushrod heck even Andre Smith

WR - again we need a Big threat...we really need a BOWE in Philly. *We need to get him.

S - Jarius Byrd is the answer. *Get him!

DB - resign DRC and restructure Asomugha

We might need a center too.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    If we need help on the line depending on how Kelly finishes the year we need to go out and get a LEGIT LT. *IMO mover Todd H back to guard, he was a beast there and even for the money hes making thats fine. *This all weighs in on how Peters health is of coure but we may need a LT and a RT. *Some big names out there......Jake Long - Duane Brown - Sebastion Vollmer - Ryan Clady - Jermon Bushrod heck even Andre Smith

WR - again we need a Big threat...we really need a BOWE in Philly. *We need to get him.

S - Jarius Byrd is the answer. *Get him!

DB - resign DRC and restructure Asomugha

We might need a center too.
    I approve fanofphilly's message!

vCash
    Long and clady are all pro type of young o linemen, they are better and a safer pick then anyone in the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Long and clady are all pro type of young o linemen, they are better and a safer pick then anyone in the draft.
    Except they won't even sniff FA
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Except they won't even sniff FA
    U NEVER know but overall i would rather build the team via draft. i would try to get linemen and safety help via FA and grab some decent vets.

Most likely some decent players will eventually get cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    U NEVER know but overall i would rather build the team via draft. i would try to get linemen and safety help via FA and grab some decent vets.

Most likely some decent players will eventually get cut.
    No I do know that neither Jake Long or Ryan Clady will hit FA this upcoming offseason... Those teams both have franchise QBs and arent going to let a top 5 LT walk into free agency... They are going to give them huge money.

Even if those players for whatever reason dont want to stay with their current teams... Theres a little thing called the Franchise Tag
    PSD's c_reinert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast