Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The biggest reason for the Eagles decline. . . .

2010 draft class:

• Brandon Graham DE Michigan
    • Nate Allen S USF
    • Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DE Washington
    • Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky
    • Keenan Clayton LB Oklahoma
    • Mike Kafka QB Northwestern
    • Clay Harbor TE Missouri State
    • Ricky Sapp DE Clemson
    • Riley Cooper WR Florida
    • Charles Scott RB LSU
    • Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi State
    • Jeff Owens DT Georgia
    • Kurt Coleman S Ohio State
    2011 draft class:

• Danny Watkins - OL - Baylor
    • Jaiquawn Jarrett - S - Temple
    • Curtis Marsh - CB - Utah St
    • Casey Matthews - LB - Oregon
    • Alex Henery - K - Nebraska
    • Dion Lewis - RB - Pitt
    • Julian Vandervelde - OL
    • Jason Kelce - OL
    • Brian Rolle - LB
    • Greg Lloyd - LB
    • Stanley Havili - FB

The 2011 and 2010 draft classes totally bombed. When you don't draft well, your team is assured to go down the tubes. I was looking through the our recent drafts and I honestly forgot we drafted some of these guys. Graham, Henry, Allen, and Kelce are looking like the only guys worth anything from those drafts.

The 2012 class is still under review since its so early, but Cox is looking like our best draft pick in the last 3 years by far.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 11-22-2012 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Brandon graham, Henry, havili, Kelce

4 players Worth keeping in those drafts. That plays a role, but it's not the main issue. We signed players to make up for those deficiencies and they didn't work out. That's as big a part of the issue as any

vCash
    True, but the draft is and should be where you get your core players/leaders on both sides of the ball. If you look at the most successful teams in the league, very few, if any, are built through FA like us.

Obviously, we have had a number of disappointments with our FA signings, but I think there is something to be said about having a team full of homegrown players that are united.
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

The biggest reason for the Eagles decline. . . .

I thought it was mike vick?

vCash
    Our problem has definitely been college talent evaluations....The amount of free agents that the Eagles have brough in over the past 2-3 years is way more then a successful team should...When the Eagles were successful they were making 2-3 free agent moves a year (not including depth signings - just starters). In order for this team to grow into a successful team they have to draft well and groom these players to take over for the veterans in 2-3 years...

The Eagles should avoid free agency this year....concentrate fully on the draft and righting the ship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    2010 draft class:

• Brandon Graham DE Michigan
    • Nate Allen S USF
    • Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DE Washington
    • Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky
    • Keenan Clayton LB Oklahoma
    • Mike Kafka QB Northwestern
    • Clay Harbor TE Missouri State
    • Ricky Sapp DE Clemson
    • Riley Cooper WR Florida
    • Charles Scott RB LSU
    • Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi State
    • Jeff Owens DT Georgia
    • Kurt Coleman S Ohio State
    2011 draft class:

• Danny Watkins - OL - Baylor
    • Jaiquawn Jarrett - S - Temple
    • Curtis Marsh - CB - Utah St
    • Casey Matthews - LB - Oregon
    • Alex Henery - K - Nebraska
    • Dion Lewis - RB - Pitt
    • Julian Vandervelde - OL
    • Jason Kelce - OL
    • Brian Rolle - LB
    • Greg Lloyd - LB
    • Stanley Havili - FB

The 2011 and 2010 draft classes totally bombed. When you don't draft well, your team is assured to go down the tubes. I was looking through the our recent drafts and I honestly forgot we drafted some of these guys. Graham, Henry, Allen, and Kelce are looking like the only guys worth anything from those drafts.

The 2012 class is still under review since its so early, but Cox is looking like our best draft pick in the last 3 years by far.
    I would say its kinda the same pattern the Eagles have had for quite some time. They tend to fail in the early rounds but find great value in the late rounds.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Early Round Disappointments (based on when they were drafted):

Vinny Curry (so far)
    Danny Watkins
    Jaiquawn Jarrett
    Curtis Marsh
    Alex Henery
    Daniel T'eo - Nesheim
    Trevor Laws
    Kevin Kolb
    Victor Abirmiri
    Stewart Bradley
    Brodrick Bunkley
    Reggie Brown
    Matt McCoy
    Ryan Moats
    Shawn Andrews
    Jerome McDougle
    Freddie Mitchell
    Corey Simon
    Bobbie Williams

Late Round successes (relative to where they were picked):

Brandon Boykin
    Dennis Kelly
    Jason Kelce
    Brian Rolle
    Stanley Havili
    Clay Harbor
    Riley Cooper
    Jamar Chaney
    Kurt Coleman
    Moise Fokou
    King Dunlap
    Brent Celek
    Jason Avant
    Omar Gaither
    Todd Herremans
    Trent Cole
    Correll Buckhalter
    AJ Feeley
    Ike Reese
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    I think Graham was a bad pick.. We could have had Jason Pierre-Paul or Earl Thomas, instead we have a guy with 4.5 sacks in 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    I think Graham was a bad pick.. We could have had Jason Pierre-Paul or Earl Thomas, instead we have a guy with 4.5 sacks in 3 years.
    Guy had an injury and has been behind Babin for 2 seasons, not really fair to grade him as a bad pick until he actually has the opportunity to play
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    really now? our draft classes?
    this decline is on Andy in ability to adapt to the new NFL.
    i watched Denver run the ball so much that i forgot P.manning was their qb. why? teams expected them to be pass heavy so their D scheme was to stop the pass, well they decided to run all over those teams.
    Andy know that teams design their D to stop our pass for 2 reasons, 1) oline sucks, 2) Andy and Marty love to air it out.
    their is no element of surprise when you face the Eagles!
    there is a reason we won every game McCoy got 20+ carries in.

Andy and Marty are the reason this team suck!
    if we get a coach that will lead by example and is disciplined (stick with what works) this same roster will produce.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    The poor or below average drafts of the last couple of years is definitely a factor in the decline of the Eagles.imo some if not most of that falls in Roseman's lap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I would say its kinda the same pattern the Eagles have had for quite some time. They tend to fail in the early rounds but find great value in the late rounds.
    Its important to note that in the early to mid 2000s, we were consistently the best/most talented team in the division, and normally one of the best teams in the conference.

The Redskins, Giants, and Cowboys have become much more capable and the conference as a whole is much stronger, so the mistakes that we got away with in the past, can't happen now. Plus we had JJ who was such a great defensive coach. You have to really hit homeruns on your drafts or you are going to suffer.
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    That's why we need to completely clean house starting with roseman on down if this happens this team will have a future.

vCash
    Safties, injuries on O Line, Turnovers. That it.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Jim Johnson dying. And Andy thinking he could turn Vick into a pocket QB. OUr defense went down the tubes and Vick being a complete mistake at QB. He has been a TO machine. One good year in 3 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast