Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Very close , but he has grown to be my favorite player ...changed his whole attitude his swag, he dishes it out more his flow is just great , I love it when him n novak are on the floor together

steal of the draft

vCash
    2nd best? No. I'd say that title belongs to Tyson or Amar'e.

JR needs to strive for consistency. He needs to constantly bring the effort in all other facets of the game when his shot isn't falling.

I will say though I think he has All Star talent and if he continues to work on his game, he could have a shot at becoming an All Star reserve in a year or 2. Coaches and players around the league have taken notice as to how JR has been evolving as a player. Just has to keep working hard.

vCash
    JR will seem better after Amare returns and we have a another pick n roll a d post player to go along with Melo. JR will suddenly have at least one of Stat and Melo on the court along with one of Kidd and Novak to free him up.

vCash
    JR simply offers us something that we really don't have in large volumes. Energy, youth and athleticism - with swag.

However, we have a team loaded with talent and BBIQ. When you put everything together, Chandler and Amare, likely come before JR. Shump's offensive game is certainly not as polished as JR, and they play the same position.

JR is going to be expensive next year, but I think the Knicks will definitely be forced to pay the man.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    My opinion on JR Smith always changes lol

He has been consistent this year though.. He's gotten a lot better

vCash
    This guy has impressed me this season. I doubted him too, I will admit it. I was never a huge fan of his game. I believe a rotation of JR/Shump/Brewer would be so fun to watch.

vCash
    I think his little recent slump went back to him not really playing his position. When Kidd went down and Woodson didn't give Pablo enough minutes, that's when JR started to struggle. He's a 2 guard and needs to be in more catch and shoot positions. When Felton plays with JR on the court, they need to run plays for JR because his strength is catch and shoot. I even heard him mention in the interview with Tina Servasio, him saying that Herb Williams has been on his back about catching and shooting. When he's used properly, he is the second most dynamic on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    This guy has impressed me this season. I doubted him too, I will admit it. I was never a huge fan of his game. I believe a rotation of JR/Shump/Brewer would be so fun to watch.
    To go a little further with that, Melo and Chandler round out the line up. No true PG. Tough to have Shump and Brewer on the floor at the same time. I think you have to slide, either Prigs or Kidd into the line up.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    cup of coffee. he's clearly the second best player on the team right now. argument can be made for felton. Amare isn't worth discussing until we see him play

I second that quote! JR is the 2nd best on our team until we see what Amare can do when he returns.

vCash
    JR is not the 2nd best player on this team. He plays his 6th man role perfectly though. He's got a ton of talent but he lacks the consistency to be considered our 2nd best player.

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    1. Melo
    2. Tyson
    3. Amar'e
    4. Jason Kidd
    5. Raymond Felton
    6. JR Smith
    ?

I don't know, after Tyson it gets fuzzy. I was really not a fan of JR last year, but he's been very solid this year. Hopefully he doesn't revert to last year's horrendous shot selection.
    I agree with this order, except I think Jkid's value as the chemist is undervalued.. Maybe its due to him not being the fastest or most athletic fella lol... But we all know if the Melo Stat tandom works it will be solely because of Kid. so that has to acct for a lot more than speed, ups & athleticism.

due to injury, Jr became the 2nd option a few times last yr, hense all the bad shots.. I dont think that will be the case this yr
    The Future is Now

vCash
    No.

vCash
    I would agree 2nd best on the team right now. There are nights when he is totally electric - hitting his jumpers, driving to the basket, hustling and outstanding D. On ocassion there are times when he scares the s**t out me but he's been under control 90% of the time. A pleasant surprise. Big ups for JR !! I seem him getting even better when Shump comes into the picture. The Knicks will be kicking some serious "A" when Stat and Shump come back. Just worried that some of the games will get totally boring with Knick blow-outs & serious garbage time.....but wait...It'll be a chance to see Copeland play. By far my underdog favorite on the knick team. GO KNICKS !!

vCash
    uhh I guess. You just ruined my day. I hope by the end of the year we are saying Stat or Tyson or Felton even. I just don't feel confidence when hearing JR Smith is our 2nd best player. I'm happy with how he has played for the most part but there are also times when I think he kills us. He has been more in control this year but he is still dangerous and can play you out of a game.

vCash
    JR Smith needs to become a more integral part of our offense. He's proven he can win us games.
    PM for my contact information.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast