Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    yes but coaches (unlike fans) realize nash has a broken leg and if misses a good chunk of time he may not be picked. coaches would take harden as a SG, i dont think curry would make it, paul and kobe will start. Westbrook would get in. Parker is also having a rocky start. Fans usually go on name recognition, coaches do somewhat but they are less bias.

last year 4 point guards were picked. CP3, Westbrook are locks. 2 open positions. if nash comes back this month and is half of what he was, he is a lock. i really see it coming down to parker, harden, lillard.

On the other hand only one true SG was picked. so you are right Harden will probably get it.

i agree its unlikely, but man he would have the stats.

and Roy got it his second year, correct.
    Last edited by RC27; 11-20-2012 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    Sorry but Curry and OJ would not make it over Lillard. OJ would be closer then Curry but circumstance has lent a hand to his stats and those circumstances will change and coaches will focus on that.

vCash
    i would have to think LA is a lock, especially with bynum gone, dirk hurt, Love hurt, and them ridding of the C position hurts marc gasol.

and who knaows, batum could have an outside chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    Random thought. why is denver paying mcgee 10 mil a year for him to average 19 minutes and back up koufos? its not because of foul problems (1.7 per), and its not because mcgee is younger (koufos is 23), i not because of ft % (82%) like deandre, just dont know why you commit to 10 mil per, for a back up playing 19 a game, especially since his PER is outstanding thus far.
    Good question...however they had to pay him something or lose him for nothing. He was a restricted free agent and they were afraid that someone might come in and offer him max like Hibbit. Now they paid fair value at 10mil instead of 13-14mil. He is tradeable with a good stat line. Just as long as his attitude/work ethic stay intact. They have insurance incase Koufos doesn't pan out.

Denver seems to be in love with a deep roster. They split the center position and the point guard (Ty and Miller) position in half it seems.

vCash
    Here's a random thought...any of you glancing at Hibberts stat lines this year?
    9.5 pts, 8.3 rds, 2.5 blks shooting 40% FG and 52% FT and over 3 fouls a game.

Did we get lucky? Will his stat line improve? Hickson at 4mil is at 10pt, 11rbs, and 48% shooting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao Sorn View Post
    Good question...however they had to pay him something or lose him for nothing. He was a restricted free agent and they were afraid that someone might come in and offer him max like Hibbit. Now they paid fair value at 10mil instead of 13-14mil. He is tradeable with a good stat line. Just as long as his attitude/work ethic stay intact. They have insurance incase Koufos doesn't pan out.

Denver seems to be in love with a deep roster. They split the center position and the point guard (Ty and Miller) position in half it seems.
    sorry but i think thats a horrible philosophy, pay him 10 mil a year or lose him? i would rather not be in cap hell and lose him then the other. and no one was going to offer him a max. he was one of the last singings in FA, and he waited out because he wanted more than denver was offering, and no one came to offer more.

and paying 10 mil for a back up plan? that also makes no sense. im going to give 17.5% of my salary cap to a back up plan...

vCash
    Here's a random thought...any of you glancing at Hibberts stat lines this year?
    9.5 pts, 8.3 rds, 2.5 blks shooting 40% FG and 52% FT and over 3 fouls a game.

Did we get lucky? Will his stat line improve? Hickson at 4mil is at 10pt, 11rbs, and 48% shooting.
    you cant look at stats for hibbert. and if you do, you can notice last couple games have been improved (with couple bad ones mixed in). Indy as a whole are kinda in a mess (4-7 before they just BARELY beat the wiz), they arent playing like they did last year. Hibbert also has been getting in a lot of foul trouble limiting his minutes and rhythm (though it is his fault.)

he is also 24, kind of like the batum idea, we would of paid for potential too.

Hibbert changes a whole teams offensive scheme. having an athletic 7'2" shot blocker does wonders. he also has post moves, forcing people to collapse, and then lillard or batum drain a three.

I still wish indy didnt match.
    Last edited by RC27; 11-20-2012 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    sorry but i think thats a horrible philosophy, pay him 10 mil a year or lose him? i would rather not be in cap hell and lose him then the other. and no one was going to offer him a max. he was one of the last singings in FA, and he waited out because he wanted more than denver was offering, and no one came to offer more.

and paying 10 mil for a back up plan? that also makes no sense. im going to give 17.5% of my salary cap to a back up plan...
    I don't agreed on playing him also....I would have tried to move him or Koufos for picks and expiring contracts.

vCash
    Pacers traded away there PG so they could start a SG. Pacers have been very unstable this year with coach talk, player injuries, key members gone, Pacers have become a very different team doing things differently. Plus I can think of a few games with us where we would have been better having his size and presence over JJ. Pair him with Batum, Mathews, LMA, and finally Lillard and his stats look much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Pacers traded away there PG so they could start a SG. Pacers have been very unstable this year with coach talk, player injuries, key members gone, Pacers have become a very different team doing things differently. Plus I can think of a few games with us where we would have been better having his size and presence over JJ. Pair him with Batum, Mathews, LMA, and finally Lillard and his stats look much better.
    San antonio game for sure. and Dallas.

our defense would SIGNIFICANTLY improve. and he can run for a big guy, wouldnt really slow us down on offense whole lot either.

yes his stats would improve, along with everyone elses because of the ability of him posting up. we would always have a low post threat in the game with him and LA. damn!!! i WANT HIM!
    Last edited by RC27; 11-20-2012 at 04:28 PM.

vCash
    I would have loved to have him with the team early on...however when I don't get something I often try to convince myself that I'm better off without it. This goes for Hibbert. We don't have him, we aren't getting him, and I need to justify why that's ok. So I will often look at his box score and hopefully it's not that good.

My justification for losing Roy is Lillard. Very strong case.
    My justification for losing Hibbert is Hickson at low cost, Leonard's Potential, and Hibbert playing bad.

I never get caught up in the "what if's" of the Blazers. It would lead me down to a disappointing road.

vCash
    I would have loved to have him with the team early on...however when I don't get something I often try to convince myself that I'm better off without it. This goes for Hibbert. We don't have him, we aren't getting him, and I need to justify why that's ok. So I will often look at his box score and hopefully it's not that good.

My justification for losing Roy is Lillard. Very strong case.
    My justification for losing Hibbert is Hickson at low cost, Leonard's Potential, and Hibbert playing bad.

I never get caught up in the "what if's" of the Blazers. It would lead me down to a disappointing road.

No worries, pretty sure we are all guilty of that, at least anyone not a psycho.

vCash
    As for the what if's, just can't do it or would probably commit suicide. I mean just 1 draft could have given us 6-10 championships, I think we all know what draft I am talking about. The one where we passed on a certain player who not only won 6 rings but one of his wins came by beating us in the Finals.

vCash
    I've said this a lot I know, but to this day I will defend 2007 draft 100%.

We've had misses like Jordan and cp3 (trading back for martell) BUT we have also pulled out drafts out of our ***** before. Most recently lillard. Or LA & Roy. Or batum for a sack of cash. Etc.

A lot has been made of our idiocies on draft night, but people need to count the ones we made nothing into a whole lot of something.

vCash

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast