Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Random Blazer thread

Practice Report: Back To Work On Defense And Three-Pointers Are Here To Stay | http://bit.ly/PXqAHf

J.J had 19 points and 18 rebounds and I ran one play for him. I think everybody has there role and I think J.J.s found his niche and its not to say Im not gonna run plays for him, but hes an opportunistic player and we need that from him. Every team needs a guy like J.J. - Coach On JJ
    I admit, I'm impressed.

Also no deleting or merging of this thread please.

vCash
    Aldridge Practices, Expects To Play Despite Strained Wrist | http://bit.ly/PXetdc

Aldridge confirmed that he will in fact play in Friday night's game against the Rockets at the Rose Garden, which is no surprise considering he gutted it out when the pain was significantly worse Tuesday night.
    Good to hear.

vCash
    Hmmm... i wonder 2 things...

1. Will blazers trade hickson soon as his value may be peaking. and insert Leonard.
    2. or is he worth resigning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    Hmmm... i wonder 2 things...

1. Will blazers trade hickson soon as his value may be peaking. and insert Leonard.
    2. or is he worth resigning.
    Think we need to know how much he is asking and how much other teams are considering before we even start the debate.

vCash
    How does everyone feel about the Rose Quarter naming rights?
    I don't want to lose our identity that other teams don't have with a building that portrays our city (unlike the Pespi Center, Amway, etc) I feel that the Rose Quarter and MSG are the few exceptions.

Also I'm not sure that any of the money will benefit the fans. 2+ million a year won't make them lower the prices in the Rose Quarter. Just gravy on top for the exec's.

I will admit that the company I work for just bought the naming rights to Arco. It's now Sleep Train Center or something. Ofcourse Arco is only a few years (or sooner) away from going under so I'm sure the price was very low considering the Kings move (City or just a new arena)

vCash
    Hickson will be too costly if we try to sign him in the offseason. Unless he takes less to stay and we give him an extra year.

Not that we can't afford him but we will be looking to upgrade a forward and guard posittion the bench. And we need to spend 5-7 million on each to get that veteran difference maker.

I believe if he continues at this pace he will command 8-9 million next year. Maybe 10. That doesn't leave us very much left over to fill a roster. We would need 3-4 players and only have 3-4 to spend for them all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao Sorn View Post
    Hickson will be too costly if we try to sign him in the offseason. Unless he takes less to stay and we give him an extra year.

Not that we can't afford him but we will be looking to upgrade a forward and guard posittion the bench. And we need to spend 5-7 million on each to get that veteran difference maker.

I believe if he continues at this pace he will command 8-9 million next year. Maybe 10. That doesn't leave us very much left over to fill a roster. We would need 3-4 players and only have 3-4 to spend for them all.
    We dont have a starting position for him. He is not a game changer at C, but at PF. i think if he keeps it up he will get 9mil ish because bigs go for more, and thats too much for a bench player. I would love to get a 1st from him and an expiring to make the salaries match. a 1st in the late teens or early 20's. Or a legit prospect. IDK if they would do it but i like Byron Mullins.

We also run the risk of waiting too long dealing him. If his production drops or gets injured that could cost us. Once the fans realize the team wont make the playoffs (i dont think they will make it) is when i think management will deal him. IDK if it has to be when we are 10 below .500 or what mark that would be.
    Last edited by RC27; 11-16-2012 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    I am angry about the RG naming issue. It has always been the Rose Garden, it should always be the Rose Garden. I know it will help the team financially and get Vulcan off Allens back but still. However if the naming rights are going to be sold I want it to a company with a major presence in Portland metro area.

vCash
    Voodoo Arena

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    Voodoo Arena
    LOL...I'll second that one.

Not that I love donuts that much but the name would be cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao Sorn View Post
    LOL...I'll second that one.

Not that I love donuts that much but the name would be cool.
    haha and we can have voodoo dolls of other players on the opposing team!!! and shrunken heads, LETS DO IT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    I admit, I'm impressed.

Also no deleting or merging of this thread please.
    hey! ill merge or delete whatever i want!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    hey! ill merge or delete whatever i want!
    I said please. I view off topic as a random Oregon thread. I view this as random Blazer stuff not directly related to a game or maybe thread worthy. Like Seahawks have a misc thread.

vCash
    nice to see felton having a great year.. lkusdjhfkasdjhf WTF!!!

vCash
    Ben Golliver ‏@blazersedge

"He's not scared. That's only the ninth game of his career. He played like this was his fifth or sixth year." Batum on Lillard
    Lillard and Batum seem to have really hit it off and that combo gonna get us lot of wins, would be even more if could get some bench consistency.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast