Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

76 23.75%
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvo View Post
    This. Melo has to get out the 1st round to prove me wrong.

But anyway it goes Nuggets won the trade.
    Have the Nuggets made it past the first round?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    You haven't brought up any valid points proving he is a good defender. Negative proof fallacy. It has to be proven that Lin is a good defender, not that he is not.
    Top 3 in steals, good defensive rating, 4th among PG in defensive win shares. That's a whole lot more to go one than " he is not a good defender because I say so."

But w/e keep your head buried under the sand and think he isn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'd make it then. I'd make it now. He's a superstar
    If you are the Knicks, you would give up Melo and Felton for Gallo & Co.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Well Knicks didn't do anything worthwhile to finish the 10-11 season, and NY could have just waited to sign him in the 2011 offseason while keeping just about everything they gave up. So Denver won in my eyes, but it doesn't really matter since NY got what the only thing they wanted anyways.

This has been disproved so many times. Even if there was a CBA in place going into that off season, we would have had to denounce the rights to everybody involved in the trade except for maybe Felton in order to sign Melo out right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Top 3 in steals, good defensive rating, 4th among PG in defensive win shares. That's a whole lot more to go one than " he is not a good defender because I say so."

Not burying my head in anything. When he was on the Knicks I said he was at best and average defender.

"Top 3 in steals"

Well I guess getting 2.5 SPG means that you stay in front of your man, make your rotations, go over/ under screens properly, play good help d, put a hand up to contest shots, trap well, etc. Oh wait you can average 2.5 SPG and just do something like play the passing lanes well and have good hands, but can still be horrible at everything else.

Lin has good hands. A tiny facet of the defense.

"defensive rating"

I guess in the fantasy world in which Carlos Boozer is as good of a defender as KG, and is a better defender than TD and Tyson Chandler Lin is a great defender.

As for defensive win shares, I would appreciate a link.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Have the Nuggets made it past the first round?
    No but they're in the West and give teams a harder fight then the Knicks. I just don't believe just because they're on a hot start that they'll beat Boston or Miami in a series.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    No but they're in the West and give teams a harder fight then the Knicks. I just don't believe just because they're on a hot start that they'll beat Boston or Miami in a series.
    So NY has to win, but DEN gets a pass because they play in the West?

Again its not really about W/L record, DEN was better after the trade for a short while, but it was also largely in part because Billups being traded opened the door for Lawson who made them a better team.

Fact is every player DEN got from NY has been injury prone and have not performed up to expectations. So I don't see how anyone can say DEN won.

NY went from a .500 team to a top 4 team in the EAST now, DEN went from a perennial 50+ win team to an above average team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    So NY has to win, but DEN gets a pass because they play in the West?

Again its not really about W/L record, DEN was better after the trade for a short while, but it was also largely in part because Billups being traded opened the door for Lawson who made them a better team.

Fact is every player DEN got from NY has been injury prone and have not performed up to expectations. So I don't see how anyone can say DEN won.

NY went from a .500 team to a top 4 team in the EAST now, DEN went from a perennial 50+ win team to an above average team.
    Point blank none of them won't win a title, But Denver won the trade. NY got Melo thinking he would shoot them to a ECF/ NBA Finals and Nuggets are still trying to build I don't think they're done dealing players.
    Last edited by Jarvo; 11-16-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    Pretty even trade , honestly .

vCash
    Point blank none won't win a title, But Denver won the trade.
    lol, you make no sense. Only a handful of teams have won an NBA title in the past 20 years. Thats not how you judge a trade.

Ask DEN if they would trade an under performing injury prone Gallo, an injury prone Chandler, a 3rd string center in Mozgov and a late 1st for Melo now and they'd do it in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post

I did not read the entire argument but heres my opinion. I think Lin is a pretty good defender who benefits from gambling but also gets burned too much as a result. If you watched his games with the knicks last year he was a big time defensive liability against better PG's(always had to be bailed out by shumpert). The problem is that the rockets did not give him all that money to just be a defensive player. They brought him thinking he was going to be a great overall PG. 10ppg and 6apg is definitely not going to cut it. Its way too early to think thats what hes going to average for the season but as of right now he looks pretty bad out there other than some nice defensive plays here and there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnStarks94 View Post
    The two best players in that trade are melo and felton and we have both.. Seriously now stop.. We beat mia no love, beat the same team twice in a row no love.. U would think after takin out spurs we would get some.. Now thats called envy.. Stop the hate, even chuck gave us props.. I sware if i could be in the room with some of these knick haters.. Tomahawk to the face
    I would say "beat" is an understatement.

vCash
    Point blank none of them won't win a title, But Denver won the trade. NY got Melo thinking he would shoot them to a ECF/ NBA Finals and Nuggets are still trying to build I don't think they're done dealing players.
    what does that even mean? does that mean all of them will win a title?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    what does that even mean? does that mean all of them will win a title?
    no way will none of them never not win no title..and i mean never!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    I am still waiting for someone saying Nuggets one to actually mention the key players involved.
    why does that matter? They got rid of a star player who couldn't win for them, and got back depth, flexibility, draft picks, and typically when a team sends away a so called "franchise" player, they eat ****. Denver was still a very good team, with more options going forward.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast