Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

76 23.75%
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The Knicks have underachieved and dissapointed since the trade...but it gets overlooked that before that season the Knicks struggled to win 30 games every yr...while the Nuggets were winning 50 games..that's how I've always judged it...that and the Nuggets will always be stuck looking for another go-to player but not bad enough (not bad at all) to draft one

vCash
    They both won. Knicks got a franchise player, Nuggets got a great support cast and draft picks to rebuild

vCash
    If somebody asked you today, would you trade Carmelo, Felton + filler for Wilson Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov, Billups and a couple late 1st round picks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Yet you still have no evidence Lin is not a good defender. Dtg while flawed is still some sort of basis to build an argument off of. Compared to he may or may not be a good defender based on his steal numbers....

It literally isn't. It is no basis to build an argument of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    At this point, +1.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    You still have yet to bring up any valid point to say he isn't. Attacking someone else's argument instead of building your own is proof you have none.

vCash
    Please tell me where I said best ... I'll wait.

I said BETTER as in ABOVE AVERAGE.
    NINETY NINE DEFENSIVE RATING, Lin is one of the better defensive point guards in the league.
    Saying someone is "one of the better of anything in the league", does not imply "above average"... now you're just trying to backtrack.

If I say "Melo is one of the better scorers in the NBA", I'm not saying "he's above average", I'm saying he's in the elite group of scorers.

vCash
    Well Knicks didn't do anything worthwhile to finish the 10-11 season, and NY could have just waited to sign him in the 2011 offseason while keeping just about everything they gave up. So Denver won in my eyes, but it doesn't really matter since NY got what the only thing they wanted anyways.

vCash
    Btw Denver won the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Saying someone is "one of the better of anything in the league", does not imply "above average"... now you're just trying to backtrack.

If I say "Melo is one of the better scorers in the NBA", I'm not saying "he's above average", I'm saying he's in the elite group of scorers.
    No I am not. Assuming every team carries 2 point guards that's 64. Lin is at worst outer top 15 defensively. Being better than over 75% of the leagues point guards is definitely ONE OF THE BETTER. I never said best or elite, I said he is one of the better defensive point guards in the league.

I am not backtracking don't blame me because you can't read and quoted me wrong.

vCash
    No I am not. Assuming every team carries 2 point guards that's 64. Lin is at worst outer top 15 defensively. Being better than over 75% of the leagues point guards is definitely ONE OF THE BETTER. I never said best or elite, I said he is one of the better defensive point guards in the league.

I am not backtracking don't blame me because you can't read and quoted me wrong.
    ok you're right, you win.

vCash
    You still have yet to bring up any valid point to say he isn't. Attacking someone else's argument instead of building your own is proof you have none.
    You haven't brought up any valid points proving he is a good defender. Negative proof fallacy. It has to be proven that Lin is a good defender, not that he is not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Nuggets. One hot start for New York doesn't change that.
    This. Melo has to get out the 1st round to prove me wrong.

But anyway it goes Nuggets won the trade.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    If somebody asked you today, would you trade Carmelo, Felton + filler for Wilson Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov, Billups and a couple late 1st round picks?
    I'd make it then. I'd make it now. He's a superstar

vCash
    I am still waiting for someone saying Nuggets one to actually mention the key players involved.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast