Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

    99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

    145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

    76 23.75%
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 577
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,550
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    NINETY NINE DEFENSIVE RATING, Lin is one of the better defensive point guards in the league.
    You realize defensive ratings is the most misleading stat in basketball. This is very well known. Carlos Boozer, for instance, had a Defensive rating of 95 last year, best among PFs, KG had a 94, Duncan had a 99, Chandler had a 100. Literally no one uses that stat. The fact that you are using that to try and prove Lin is a good defender shows your lack of basketball knowledge.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,974
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    You realize defensive ratings is the most misleading stat in basketball. This is very well known. Carlos Boozer, for instance, had a Defensive rating of 95 last year, best among PFs, KG had a 94, Duncan had a 99, Chandler had a 100. Literally no one uses that stat. The fact that you are using that to try and prove Lin is a good defender shows your lack of basketball knowledge.
    Considering he is also 3rd in steals how could you say he is a bad defender. Please enlighten me.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,974
    vCash
    1150
    It's funny that I am getting jumped for saying Lin is one of the better defensive point guards in the league and people are acting like I said he is the best. Better yet I at least have some basis of an argument when no one has given any proof other than the " eye test " and Vasquez had a good game vs them.

    But hey the Knicks beat philly minus their best player twice lets give them their rings now.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,523
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    It's funny that I am getting jumped for saying Lin is one of the better defensive point guards in the league and people are acting like I said he is the best. Better yet I at least have some basis of an argument when no one has given any proof other than the " eye test " and Vasquez had a good game vs them.

    But hey the Knicks beat philly minus their best player twice lets give them their rings now.
    Please...if Lin was still on the Knicks you'd be talking about how overrated and overpaid he is. Gimme a break and stop trolling the Knicks. They are off to a historic start in franchise history and you are trying to **** on a parade.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    5,658
    vCash
    1500
    i really don't want to hear from people who only watch the knicks, who only read about the knicks and who only post on the knicks forum that the knicks are better since the trade. Now I am from NY and live in Denv and the knicks and nuggets are my 2 teams. I love them both equally. Before the trade you had a bunch of roll players and Stat in NY and a bunch of Overpayed stars in Denv. Now you all should no that JR was a total **** up in Denv. He killed his best friend in a car accident which I think totally ruined the early part of his career. He would jack up 35 foot shots with 15 seconds left on the shot clock. Melo too wouldn't play the way GK wanted him too. Melo wouldn't work out or stay conditioned properly either but he played well his way and the nuggs won, but Melo only got them out of the 1st round once. Then the trade happened and all of a sudden all of my favorite players were on the nuggs. Chandler, Gallo and Felton were hardworking guys that were all underpayed at the time of the trade. The Nuggets gave the Knicks the one player that was prevented GK to play the full blown uptempo way he wanted and the Knicks got a player that was just a 2 inch smaller version of Amare. Then at years end things got really interesting. It became clear that the Knicks were going tot start getting players at discounts to surround Melo and Amare. We had no backcourt, but Baron came, JR came and some others. The nuggets also made a brilliant trade, Andre Miller + Jordan Hamilton for Felton. Suddenly the Nuggets had gotten 6 players off the trade. The next year, this last offseason, the Knicks core were able to land a group of players that never would have come here if it hadn't been for Melo playing in NY. Melo is much more valuable in NY than in Denv because FA's will want to play with him more. In Denv, Masai Ujiri is using his confidence of getting a great return from the Knicks to stay in the playoffs, continued his streak of brilliant trades. Trading overpayed Nene to the Wiz for McGee and a trade execption and Afflalo and Harrington + a conditional 1st rounder to the Magic for Iggy.

    My point here is that neither team lost this trade, so it is impossible for either team to have won. The nuggs got hard working, less ego centric players that fit GK. They are the 3rd youngest team in the league, and probably the most athletic. The Knicks got more experienced players who are harder in the locker room, but a better fit in NY. Woody was able to get the most out of JR and Melo, something GK could not. So both teams recieved more than they gave away. Both teams are considered top 5 deepest teams in the league. The Knicks became a playoff team again the Nuggets are knocking on being a top 4 seed in the Western Conference. The losers of this trade are the teams like Portland, Dallas and whichever team would have signed JR. Oh, the Heat lost two because it made them lose out on Camby. It was an ugly trade that cost both teams a season, but in less than 2 years has truly proven to improve both teams by a huge margin.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,550
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Considering he is also 3rd in steals how could you say he is a bad defender. Please enlighten me.
    Steals means he steals the ball occasionally (2.5 time per game). It literally says nothing about his overall defense.

    You can be the worst PG defender in the league and get 1-2 spg.


    Amare is a good shot blocker, doesn't make him a good or even decent defender.


    I've watched Lin play and he is a below average defender. Not horrendous, not Steve Nash, but definitely not good.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,974
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Please...if Lin was still on the Knicks you'd be talking about how overrated and overpaid he is. Gimme a break and stop trolling the Knicks. They are off to a historic start in franchise history and you are trying to **** on a parade.
    No I am being realistic. While Linsanity was beyond overblown he has always been a solid player. He i not a star nor should he but when playing with in the flow of the offense he is exactly that a solid player.

    The Knicks have a had a good start but it is 6 games and they have faced 2 quality teams and one of those teams played very poorly. Not what you would get from them in a 7 game series.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,514
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    It's funny that I am getting jumped for saying Lin is one of the better defensive point guards in the league and people are acting like I said he is the best. Better yet I at least have some basis of an argument when no one has given any proof other than the " eye test " and Vasquez had a good game vs them.

    But hey the Knicks beat philly minus their best player twice lets give them their rings now.
    Well, Lin needs a much larger sample size. You are asking the same of NY, so many are asking the same of Lin. Though his steal, block, and defensive rebound rate were all very good last season, and he shows the ability to be a ball hawking PG at times, I will give him that.

    So many arguments over such a small sample size on this site.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,974
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    Steals means he steals the ball occasionally (2.5 time per game). It literally says nothing about his overall defense.

    You can be the worst PG defender in the league and get 1-2 spg.


    Amare is a good shot blocker, doesn't make him a good or even decent defender.
    Yet you still have no evidence Lin is not a good defender. Dtg while flawed is still some sort of basis to build an argument off of. Compared to he may or may not be a good defender based on his steal numbers....

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,229
    vCash
    1500
    Drtg isn't a good stat to gauge an individual's defensive worth. Especially amoung PGs. Btw Brandon Jennings is a plus defender.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,289
    vCash
    1500
    The Knicks won and they've always won from the beginning IMO...simply because...the Knicks got a lot better...the Nuggets, although they were still good, were slightly worse...the Nuggets may have the slightly better record since the trade but they were slightly worse since...

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,974
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Well, Lin needs a much larger sample size. You are asking the same of NY, so many are asking the same of Lin. Though his steal, block, and defensive rebound rate were all very good last season, and he shows the ability to be a ball hawking PG at times, I will give him that.

    So many arguments over such a small sample size on this site.
    This has been my point the WHOLE TIME.

    People are writing off Lin after 9 ****ing games, yet saying the Knicks are contenders after 6.....

    Neither is set in stone, how is no one picking up on this.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    No I am being realistic. While Linsanity was beyond overblown he has always been a solid player. He i not a star nor should he but when playing with in the flow of the offense he is exactly that a solid player.

    The Knicks have a had a good start but it is 6 games and they have faced 2 quality teams and one of those teams played very poorly. Not what you would get from them in a 7 game series.
    I don't think anyone is saying Lin is a horrible defender, he's solid, probably about an average defender.

    But you saying he's "one of the best defensive PG's in the league" based off 1 stat is a little ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as you saying Jennings has been the best defensive PG thus far based off 2 stats, when you probably haven't even watched 1 Bucks game.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,514
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    This has been my point the WHOLE TIME.

    People are writing off Lin after 9 ****ing games, yet saying the Knicks are contenders after 6.....

    Neither is set in stone, how is no one picking up on this.
    Because you are dealing with a fan base whose media has driven them to be the biggest knee jerk reactors in the entire sports world. Sorry NY fans, I love the passion you guys have for your teams, but it also drives you to flip the switch over every little thing. One day Melo is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The next, "trade him for anything, that ****ing bum!".

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,974
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying Lin is a horrible defender, he's solid, probably about an average defender.

    But you saying he's "one of the best defensive PG's in the league" based off 1 stat is a little ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as you saying Jennings has been the best defensive PG thus far based off 2 stats, when you probably haven't even watched 1 Bucks game.
    Please tell me where I said best ... I'll wait.

    I said BETTER as in ABOVE AVERAGE.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •