Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

    99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

    145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

    76 23.75%
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 577
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,520
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Lin's defense hasn't been great, I've watched almost every HOU game.

    Vasquez lit him up the other day. Lin gambles alot and has quick hands so he gets alot of steals (2.5spg), but overall his man to man defense isn't good, and he has trouble staying in front of his man.
    NINETY NINE DEFENSIVE RATING, Lin is one of the better defensive point guards in the league.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    suffolk county, li ny
    Posts
    4,264
    vCash
    1500
    They got felton ..who played like **** for them now he's back in ny playing great
    Gallo never lived up to hype
    Mozgof Idk i havnt heard his name
    And Wilson chandler is great imo

    I think knicks even tho we waisted our amnesty on billups ...not only did we get melo but now tyson came here cus of melo and I'm sure Jr coming here had something to do with it ..

    Fact is if you have a star more stars and great role players are to follow ....

    steal of the draft cleanthony early

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,979
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Thats why we beat the #1 ranked Spurs. Stop your hating. But then I realize that you're a Rockets fan, so your opinion doesnt matter anyway.

    Im glad my boy Lin robbed you guys of 25 million
    are you really bragging about an early season victory against an opponent thats matches up well for you guys ???

    Wow, NY is desperate for something to hold onto...

    NY isn't a title contender and Melo has shown himself to be lazy and selfish throughout his career...

    Advantage Denver

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,460
    vCash
    1500
    Both teams got what they wanted and both teams are very competitive. Why does there always have to be a clear-cut winner? I'd say it's basically an even trade. The Knicks do have Melo and you win with stars in this league, so if anyone has the edge in the trade it's the Knicks.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    You should be banned for clicking on threads you dont like just to tell us that you dont like them.....
    for one its not that i dont like it its the fact that there is already a bunch of threads about the knicks and y would you bring this up 6 games in the year?

    For my opinion any team without Carmelo just got better so Denver still wins
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,520
    vCash
    1150
    I admit Melo is playing the best defense of his career. But it is still average - slightly above average at best.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Well Lin has a better Drtg and 3.5x the steals :/ and almost the same amount of blocks

    Sure they beat the Heat and the Spurs. The Heat played an aweful game Wade only took 10 shots and Bosh shot under 30%. You can't expect that every time... in a playoff series the current Knicks do not stand a chance.
    I don't care how many games the Knicks win.

    I don't care how many good teams they beat.

    *sticks my fingers in ears*

    La La La...

    You can't make me respect them.

    Isiah Thomas...

    No D 'Antoni...

    Malik Rose...

    Eddy Curry...

    I don't care what you say, the Knicks suck. And they always will.

    La La La...


    Hopelessly Devoted

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,789
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    NINETY NINE DEFENSIVE RATING, Lin is one of the better defensive point guards in the league.
    meh, defensive rating isn't a good number to look at. Elite defensive teams inflate individuals defensive ratings. I have only watched Lin in around 3 games, and he is playing like I expected him to, though it would be nice to see his long 2 percentage get back to above average.

    Looking at Melo's numbers, he isn't playing any better offensively at all this year, and his assist percentage is right back to normal. Defensively, he has been better however, but that can be said of the system working in NY currently.

    Again, an NBA season is full of peaks and valley's for both teams. If you NY fans don't think a valley is in your future, be prepared for disappointment.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,062
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    NINETY NINE DEFENSIVE RATING, Lin is one of the better defensive point guards in the league.
    So its not a small sample size only when it helps your argument? Cool...gotcha.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,520
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    meh, defensive rating isn't a good number to look at. Elite defensive teams inflate individuals defensive ratings. I have only watched Lin in around 3 games, and he is playing like I expected him to, though it would be nice to see his long 2 percentage get back to above average.

    Looking at Melo's numbers, he isn't playing any better offensively at all this year, and his assist percentage is right back to normal. Defensively, he has been better however, but that can be said of the system working in NY currently.

    Again, an NBA season is full of peaks and valley's for both teams. If you NY fans don't think a valley is in your future, be prepared for disappointment.
    The Rockets are an elite defensive team?

    Drtg proves the whole " he gambles for steals and gets burned " argument invalid.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DMV/ Silver Spring MD
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    The two best players in that trade are melo and felton and we have both.. Seriously now stop.. We beat mia no love, beat the same team twice in a row no love.. U would think after takin out spurs we would get some.. Now thats called envy.. Stop the hate, even chuck gave us props.. I sware if i could be in the room with some of these knick haters.. Tomahawk to the face

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,520
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    So its not a small sample size only when it helps your argument? Cool...gotcha.
    Oh but it is a fine sample size to say the contract is bad and he is bad .

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,062
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Oh but it is a fine sample size to say the contract is bad and he is bad .
    um i said that?

    Ive always said Lin will be solid, but HOU had better options right in house than paying $8.3m for Lin.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,789
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    The Rockets are an elite defensive team?

    Drtg proves the whole " he gambles for steals and gets burned " argument invalid.
    And please explain why the Rox give up 3.2 points per 100 possession more when he is on the floor. My point is, Defensive rating has too many variables outside an individuals contributions to be taken above many other metrics.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DMV/ Silver Spring MD
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    Besides ray i dont even remember the players we gave up for melo... I forget and the played for ny..!

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •