Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

76 23.75%
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan213 View Post
    Care to explain how?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    I think both teams won.

The Nuggets won any trade at that point because they traded a player for multiple players and draft picks who was going to leave as a free agent no matter what in 27 games.

The Knicks won because they got a star player who they wanted even if they had to give up some players/draft picks they may have wanted to keep otherwise.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I think both teams won.

The Nuggets won any trade at that point because they traded a player for multiple players and draft picks who was going to leave as a free agent no matter what in 27 games.

The Knicks won because they got a star player who they wanted even if they had to give up some players/draft picks they may have wanted to keep otherwise.
    Well I guess it depends. Short Term the Nuggets won, long term it appears the Knicks will win.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Well I guess it depends. Short Term the Nuggets won, long term it appears the Knicks will win.
    Why are you bumping all your old threads?
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Why are you bumping all your old threads?
    I'm not, I am looking at some threads I couldn't get to while I was out of the country.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Knicks started 6-0 and Nuggets 4-5.

Now the standings are: Knicks 33-20 (.623) and Nuggets 36-22 (.621). Also the Nuggets had a better record prior to this year from the trade. I did not think the Nuggets would have as good a record as the Knicks this year, but they caught up and not sure how.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash

Now the standings are: Knicks 33-20 (.623) and Nuggets 36-22 (.621). Also the Nuggets had a better record prior to this year from the trade. I did not think the Nuggets would have as good a record as the Knicks this year, but they caught up and not sure how.

True. I think both teams won the trade.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash

It just doesnt seem like the best way to compare (although I am not sure what is) by using records. Each team has so many different players not involved in the deal that have significant roles into what the records are.

Having said that how can it not be even? Denver lost a franchise cornerstone and didnt skip a step, the Knicks are finally relevant after over a decade of crap.

vCash
    Now someone bring back the Jeremy Lin thread and we'll be all set!

But yea team records aren't how you judge trades, would be like saying OKC won the Harden trade because they have a better record than HOU.

DEN was already a much better team with young players waiting in the wings to take over.

vCash
    We both got what we wanted. Den plays in the West which is much tougher but they also have the biggest advantage at home. I mean look at their road record compared to home. I don't see them winning a playoff series that way.

vCash
    The Knicks won the trade because the Knicks are title contenders with a deep roster that has blown out the Heat twice this year without Melo without Stat and some other players while the Nuggets have a good team that can win games but doesn't have a good chance to make it out of the west due to lack of star power...(Melo)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjqusoldier View Post
    The Knicks won the trade because the Knicks are title contenders with a deep roster that has blown out the Heat twice this year without Melo without Stat and some other players while the Nuggets have a good team that can win games but doesn't have a good chance to make it out of the west due to lack of star power...(Melo)
    I don't necessarily disagree but you just opened up a can of worms.

vCash
    Knicks aren't title contenders. They have regressed in every facet I said they would regress in when this thread was going on.

Nuggets kill them in the SRS, have younger players, and no bad contracts. So, Nuggets are statistically better this year and don't have the burden of the aging curve + bad contracts in the future. Nuggets would be considered a title contender in the East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Knicks aren't title contenders. They have regressed in every facet I said they would regress in when this thread was going on.

Nuggets kill them in the SRS, have younger players, and no bad contracts. So, Nuggets are statistically better this year and don't have the burden of the aging curve + bad contracts in the future. Nuggets would be considered a title contender in the East.
    No they wouldn't. And they have some bad contracts. McGee and Chandler are both bad contracts. They might be statistically better but they aren't making it thru four rounds of grueling playoff series without a star to bail them out at the end of games and win those 50-50 games for them. I understand you don't think anything holds weight without statistical evidence and the game is played on paper so I don't expect you to agree.

Vegas sees the Knicks as the 5th most likely team to win it all (behind Heat, Spurs, Clips, OKC). Obviously its not the best way to gauge anything but its interesting to note because like it or not, those guys have millions of dollars on the line to be right and more often than not they are.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 02-27-2013 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    No they wouldn't. And they have some bad contracts. McGee and Chandler are both bad contracts. They might be statistically better but they aren't making it thru four rounds of grueling playoff series without a star to bail them out at the end of games and win those 50-50 games for them. I understand you don't think anything holds weight without statistical evidence and the game is played on paper so I don't expect you to agree.

Vegas sees the Knicks as the 5th most likely team to win it all (behind Heat, Spurs, Clips, OKC), Nuggets are somewhere around 10-12 IIRC. Obviously its not the best way to gauge anything but its interesting to note because like it or not, those guys have millions of dollars on the line to be right and more often than not they are.
    As a guy who gambles a lot of his money that's not how Vegas works. Vegas has the odds set up so they make money no matter what. The Knicks being fifth doesn't mean they are the fifth most likely team to win, it means that they are being picked a lot to win by a lot of people. That's why usually bigger market teams have bad payouts in Vegas. Because they have more fans betting on them. I agree that the Knicks have a better chance than the Nuggets, but that's because of the conference they play in.

Javale Mcgee isn't a bad contract. Fair deal there. Karl just gotta use him more.
    Last edited by Guppyfighter; 02-27-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast