Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

    99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

    145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

    76 23.75%
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 577
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15,833
    vCash
    1500
    Gallo has far and away been the only real piece DEN got in the trade, and he's shot 39% overall since joining DEN.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,306
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Gallo has far and away been the only real piece DEN got in the trade, and he's shot 39% overall since joining DEN.
    wtf is going on with him?

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15,833
    vCash
    1500
    DEN got alot of quantity in the trade, but Gallo thus far has been the only real quality they got.

    And Andre Miller who came indirectly as well.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15,833
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    wtf is going on with him?
    He's a career 41% shooter, I used to say if he could get that up to at least a more respectable 44-45% he could really be a star, but it seems he might just be a low % shooter as its been 5 seasons now in the low 40's.

    But he's still efficient and a very good all around player.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    23,424
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    i seem to remember Kidd signing on for a different reason

    Merry X-Mas bro.
    Whats that?

    He said a bunch of **** in probably 50 different interviews but that was definitely one of them. He also said Dirk told him to come here because we had more pieces and were closer to a title - I don't think anyone can say that would be the case without Melo.

    GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Jason Kidd helped Dirk Nowitzki win an NBA championship in Dallas, and now he wants to help Carmelo Anthony win one in New York.

    “That’s the plan,” Kidd said Tuesday after the team’s first day of practice. “I hope so.”

    Kidd and Nowitzki won an NBA championship with the Mavericks in 2011, yet Melo and the Knicks are seeking the franchise’s first title since 1973.

    Still, Kidd sees similarities between Anthony and Nowitzki.

    “Oh, yes, very similar, very talented,” Kidd said. “Demand a lot of attention, so hopefully what I’ve helped with Dirk and Dirk is now one of the top players in this league, hopefully I can do the same with Melo.”
    Obviously it doesn't say thats the only reason he came, but I'm pretty sure it played it a big part.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-25-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

    "This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,504
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    DEN got alot of quantity in the trade, but Gallo thus far has been the only real quality they got.

    And Andre Miller who came indirectly as well.
    Didn't they also get Wilson Chandler?


    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.


    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,567
    vCash
    1500
    R U serious? Any team with Carmelo is better off. What an insane question.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15,833
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Didn't they also get Wilson Chandler?
    And he's fallen off the face of the earth since going there.

    One of the concerns in NY with Chandler were the injuries, the guy is 25 and has had like 5 or 6 surgeries already.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,226
    vCash
    1500
    Denver.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    917
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Denver.
    Care to explain how?

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    31
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks
    What really defines both franchises are the moves they made after the trade (Tyson and quality veterans to surround Melo for the Knicks and acquiring Iggy and dropping Nene's contract for the Nuggets). Both teams got exactly what they wanted and I don't think for a second that either of them regret making the deal. With that being said, as of right now I think the Knicks got the better part of the deal if you compare each player involved. After getting Felton back, we basically traded two middle of the pack forwards with strong upside in Gallo and Chandler for a franchise player in Melo who is playing at an MVP-caliber level. I liked Mozgov in New York but he will never amount to anything more than a serviceable backup center. We'll have to see how the draft picks pan out in 2013 and 2014 for the Nuggets before making the final call though.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,756
    vCash
    4050
    Quote Originally Posted by FeltonYaMotha View Post
    What really defines both franchises are the moves they made after the trade (Tyson and quality veterans to surround Melo for the Knicks and acquiring Iggy and dropping Nene's contract for the Nuggets). Both teams got exactly what they wanted and I don't think for a second that either of them regret making the deal. With that being said, as of right now I think the Knicks got the better part of the deal if you compare each player involved. After getting Felton back, we basically traded two middle of the pack forwards with strong upside in Gallo and Chandler for a franchise player in Melo who is playing at an MVP-caliber level. I liked Mozgov in New York but he will never amount to anything more than a serviceable backup center. We'll have to see how the draft picks pan out in 2013 and 2014 for the Nuggets before making the final call though.

    Good assessment of the trade. But this is how the trade went.
    When it was all said and done
    Nuggets got
    Gallo
    Chandler
    Miller
    Kufous
    Mozgov
    Hamilton
    2 future first
    Out of the trade because Felton was traded for miller and Hamilton

    Knicks got
    Melo
    Billups
    Balkman
    Carter

    Knicks got the better player by far but the nuggets got flexibility and assets. The records don't indicate who won the trade as jr smith jkidd Novak and now Felton are also big parts of why the Knicks are playing so well. It's not just melo going all MVP on teams. The trade was won by the nuggets. The Knicks have put a good team around melo and are doing fantastic but all in all the trade was won by the nuggets as you can see above everything they got compared to the Knicks.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

    Agreed

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    23,424
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BallIsAll View Post
    Good assessment of the trade. But this is how the trade went.
    When it was all said and done
    Nuggets got
    Gallo
    Chandler
    Miller
    Kufous
    Mozgov
    Hamilton
    2 future first
    Out of the trade because Felton was traded for miller and Hamilton

    Knicks got
    Melo
    Billups
    Balkman
    Carter

    Knicks got the better player by far but the nuggets got flexibility and assets. The records don't indicate who won the trade as jr smith jkidd Novak and now Felton are also big parts of why the Knicks are playing so well. It's not just melo going all MVP on teams. The trade was won by the nuggets. The Knicks have put a good team around melo and are doing fantastic but all in all the trade was won by the nuggets as you can see above everything they got compared to the Knicks.
    Knicks amnestied Billups and got Tyson Chandler. And the Nuggets have a very good team outside of the pieces they got for Melo. The pieces you got from Melo that are contributing to your success are nowhere near Melo impact level.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

    "This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,410
    vCash
    1500
    i've been defending the melo trade in the knicks favor for the longest time now. gallo is nothing more than a role player, so is wilson and felton. mozgov is a joke that knick fans were mad he was added in that trade. I feel like I have been vindicated. knick fans owe me an apology

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15,833
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BallIsAll View Post
    Good assessment of the trade. But this is how the trade went.
    When it was all said and done
    Nuggets got
    Gallo
    Chandler
    Miller
    Kufous
    Mozgov
    Hamilton
    2 future first
    Out of the trade because Felton was traded for miller and Hamilton

    Knicks got
    Melo
    Billups
    Balkman
    Carter

    Knicks got the better player by far but the nuggets got flexibility and assets. The records don't indicate who won the trade as jr smith jkidd Novak and now Felton are also big parts of why the Knicks are playing so well. It's not just melo going all MVP on teams. The trade was won by the nuggets. The Knicks have put a good team around melo and are doing fantastic but all in all the trade was won by the nuggets as you can see above everything they got compared to the Knicks.
    Well If you're going to look at it like that then NY also got Tyson by acquiring Billups' contract. Without that contract = No Tyson.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •