Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

76 23.75%
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Think about it this way. The Knicks now potentially have a chance to contend for the Championship, or at least a Eastern Conference Finals berth. The Nuggets despite their young talent will be nowhere near the Western Conference finals in the foreseeable future.

Knick went from a pretty ok team to a potential contender
    Nuggs went from a pretty good team to a a team stuck in the 4-8 range.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    Knicks are going to have a good year but I would trust the Nuggets for long term
    I love Gallo, but his development or lack there of has been really disappointing. Other than him, who do you really "trust" long term from the trade more than Melo?

vCash
    haha this thread is awesome helped me spend 2 hours at work reading people opinions from all over the place... bottom line is who givesss a shietttttttttt lol denver is doing well and same with the knicks... knicks got a superstar and the PG in felton they needed... nuggs got some good pieces too but none super star quality but got alot more quantity in that direct trade... knicks parlayed that trade into getting tyson and felton back... so i believe for me and knicks fans it worked more the knicks

everyone i dont give a **** what u think because not being an ******* but ur opinions dont matter to me... everyone outside of NY probably thinks we lost because of the media and how we act but at the end of the dy, im a new yorker i ride for my team just like i do with the jets and yanks good bad or otherwise ... so haters gon hate all good used to it , thrive on it,

Lets Go Knicks!
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    Knicks are going to have a good year but I would trust the Nuggets for long term
    Why is this?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Why is this?
    Because the Knicks management is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    So is George Karl...although he talks like he is considered a top coach in this league.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    James Dolan is a joke, Glen Grunwald is a demigod.

vCash
    even if thats true, what does that have to do with the trade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    even if thats true, what does that have to do with the trade?
    read the read, learn context.

vCash
    read the read, learn context.
    No, he's right. There's literally no relevance between management and this topic. By the way, old management made this trade as this was before Grunwald was GM. And to correct you, Knicks ownership (Dolan) is a joke -- not the team management.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnicks4511 View Post
    No, he's right. There's literally no relevance between management and this topic. By the way, old management made this trade as this was before Grunwald was GM. And to correct you, Knicks ownership (Dolan) is a joke -- not the team management.
    It was in reference to someone saying "I trust the nuggets long term" and someone asking "why"
    Learn to read.

vCash
    "We got Felton back" is the most offbase comment as to why the Knicks won this trade. It has nothing to do with THIS trade. It is something that happened later.

Same for the Nuggets getting Iggy.

vCash
    Nuggets still.... Potential to do something great is in the Knicks favor, but I doubt they can/will

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Nuggets still.... Potential to do something great is in the Knicks favor, but I doubt they can/will
    Why is that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    Think about it this way. The Knicks now potentially have a chance to contend for the Championship, or at least a Eastern Conference Finals berth. The Nuggets despite their young talent will be nowhere near the Western Conference finals in the foreseeable future.

Knick went from a pretty ok team to a potential contender
    Nuggs went from a pretty good team to a a team stuck in the 4-8 range.
    This season is still too early to make out who can be a contender (not saying nuggs/knicks won't go far). Nuggs are in the harder conference but you never know how good this team can be (with Chandler out and rotations still being developed). WCF will be tough but time will be needed for a young squad.

The direction this organization is going is positive. This trade gave NY an all star and Denver quantity. As a nugg fan, I have to agree with the fact that it will be a process whereas NY CAN (they still have a lot to prove) be better now. Not that many teams can trade their starting lineup (Melo, AAA, Nene while getting Faried from draft) while only retaining their pg and still be in the mix for a top spot.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 11-19-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast